• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Really? Suppose it's all in personal taste.

2 of the games I was lookin forward to most (RE: Biohazard & Tom Clancy Ghosts) were both seriously underwhelming.

Horizon: Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Nier: Automata, Tekken 7, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Legend of Zelda: BOTW, Injustice 2, Nioh, Prey, Rime, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Halo Wars 2, For Honor, Outlast 2 etc. Take your pick :lol:

Mind we're not even post-E3 yet. Most big games hit in the fall, so considering we just hit summer I think this has been an insane year. We're still getting Far Cry 5, CoD: WW2, New Assassin's Creed, all the sports games etc. later in the year.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Well good luck getting me out of the cave come September. The real Ronaldo? Yes please.
image.img.jpg

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Finished Mass Effect Andromeda yesterday (96% completed, bar a few optional quests; 56 hours according to the last safe).

Thought I quit when the game got the most boring, around Kadara - my last Outpost, as I'd already secured the four other ones. As soon as I had forced myself through Kadara, I completed all the Loyality missions, and some of them were quite good. I also did the Romance thing with Cora, which was nicely made.

As far as the Main Story goes, it was OK I guess. The finale was a bit anti-climatic, and there was a cliffhanger almost 1:1 compared to ME:1, so I'm pretty sure we'll get a second Mass Effect Andromeda. Many side-stories haven't been finished either, so I'm expecting more than a couple of DLCs to resolve these lose endings.

All in all, I'd say the whole experience was slightly better than Inquisition, but the old Bioware is definitely dead, once and for all. Doesn't take anything away from the fact that the first Trilogy remains one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life, the whole story and concept was just out of this world (literally). For this, and this alone, I'll always keep Bioware in my heart, so to speak.

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Finished Mass Effect Andromeda yesterday (96% completed, bar a few optional quests; 56 hours according to the last safe).

Thought I quit when the game got the most boring, around Kadara - my last Outpost, as I'd already secured the four other ones. As soon as I had forced myself through Kadara, I completed all the Loyality missions, and some of them were quite good. I also did the Romance thing with Cora, which was nicely made.

As far as the Main Story goes, it was OK I guess. The finale was a bit anti-climatic, and there was a cliffhanger almost 1:1 compared to ME:1, so I'm pretty sure we'll get a second Mass Effect Andromeda. Many side-stories haven't been finished either, so I'm expecting more than a couple of DLCs to resolve these lose endings.

All in all, I'd say the whole experience was slightly better than Inquisition, but the old Bioware is definitely dead, once and for all. Doesn't take anything away from the fact that the first Trilogy remains one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life, the whole story and concept was just out of this world (literally). For this, and this alone, I'll always keep Bioware in my heart, so to speak.

Mass Effect is my favourite franchise. I thought Andromeda was a lot better than the whole "this game is awful" outrage made it out to be, but I was still disappointed.

It had just enough of the classic Bioware hooks to keep me going for 67 hours, but everything I did in the game just always felt like it was 75% of what it could have been, you know? Everything was good, just not as good as the trilogy. Except for combat, which is really enjoyed.

They completely fumbled the whole "let's explore a whole new galaxy!" concept which, on paper, was fantastic. They basically completely retread the story from Mass Effect 2, and didn't manage to really make the new Galaxy feel.. new.

The characters were probably the weakest aspect of Andromeda for me, especially given how much I cared about seemingly everyone in 1/2/3. I can recall the backstories of with Ashley, Liara, Wrex, Grunt, Thane, Garrus, Joker, Miranda etc. I cared about their stories. The only character I even gave a tiny **** about in Andromeda was Peebee.

I think, overall, I probably enjoyed Dragon Age: Inquisition more. I still liked Andromeda, but the main takeaway I had when I finished it was "I hope they fix all the problems in the sequel", but now it looks like a sequel is not in the plans so.. meh.

blaze_of_glory

Agreed on Andromeda. It's a decent game overall but I'm struggling to finish it. Sick of driving all over the place to scan things and flying from system to system to complete quests at this point. I'm done with Kadara, but still need to get the outpost on Elaaden or whatever its' called, and basically still have to explore the bulk of that planet as well as the destroyed one. Dunno if I'm going to bother.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Have not been as big of a gamer as I once was, still just have a PS3 that's been just gathering dust in the past year or two. This Crash Bandicoot remastered stuff is tempting me tho, might get a PS4 and get that along with a few other games (preferably single player games, not overly interested in online multiplayer games unless it's maybe Rocket League). Anyone got some suggestions of 2/3 games for the PS4 that'd definitely be worth my while getting? Not too fussy about the genre, as long as their compelling games.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Have not been as big of a gamer as I once was, still just have a PS3 that's been just gathering dust in the past year or two. This Crash Bandicoot remastered stuff is tempting me tho, might get a PS4 and get that along with a few other games (preferably single player games, not overly interested in online multiplayer games unless it's maybe Rocket League). Anyone got some suggestions of 2/3 games for the PS4 that'd definitely be worth my while getting? Not too fussy about the genre, as long as their compelling games.

Wait until E3, which is a few days from now. Going to be a lot of announcements, potentially price drops etc. My only suggestion right now would be to get a PS4 Pro if you own a 4K TV.

The Witcher 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Bloodborne is probably the 3 games I'd suggest to anyone new to the PS4. If you don't enjoy difficult games, maybe swap out Bloodborne with The Last of Us Remastered (if you haven't played it) or Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
On another note, Witcher 3 continues to ruin every other story-driven game for me. The writing, characters and world-building in that game is just.. Nothing compares, really.

Mass Effect built a fantastic world, but the writing is utter garbage in comparison to Witcher 3. Which says a lot, because the writing in Mass Effect is great :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wait until E3, which is a few days from now. Going to be a lot of announcements, potentially price drops etc. My only suggestion right now would be to get a PS4 Pro if you own a 4K TV.

The Witcher 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Bloodborne is probably the 3 games I'd suggest to anyone new to the PS4. If you don't enjoy difficult games, maybe swap out Bloodborne with The Last of Us Remastered (if you haven't played it) or Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

Heard a lot of good stuff about The Witcher 3 so it's definitely one I'll be looking to get. As for Last of Us, I've never actually played it on the PS3 so it might be something I could get as I've meaning to play it for quite a while.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Heard a lot of good stuff about The Witcher 3 so it's definitely one I'll be looking to get. As for Last of Us, I've never actually played it on the PS3 so it might be something I could get as I've meaning to play it for quite a while.

Witcher 3 and TLoU are both legit contenders for the greatest game of all time. If you haven't played either you have a ton of amazing hours ahead of you.

Mind, Witcher 3 is a 50+ hour game whereas TLoU is a bit more approachable, clocking in at around 12-16 hours IIRC. Witcher 3 is also the ending to a series so I'd probably read/watch a quick recap of 1 and 2 on Youtube or something. Having played 1 and 2 is not vital though, especially not 1.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Witcher 3 is the last game focusing on Geralt. It won't be the last game in regards to the Witcher universe.

blaze_of_glory

Witcher 3 and TLoU are both legit contenders for the greatest game of all time. If you haven't played either you have a ton of amazing hours ahead of you.

Mind, Witcher 3 is a 50+ hour game whereas TLoU is a bit more approachable, clocking in at around 12-16 hours IIRC. Witcher 3 is also the ending to a series so I'd probably read/watch a quick recap of 1 and 2 on Youtube or something. Having played 1 and 2 is not vital though, especially not 1.
I'd say it's a 150+ hour game. I put almost 200hrs in after all the DLCs. There is just so much content its crazy.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I don't even know how to tell how much time I put into it. I'm almost about to gather allies for the Wild Hunt fight but haven't done nearly most of the discovery items on the map nor have I even attempted any DLC yet but I've put in a bunch of hours that I know of.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone tried Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, or the latest Master Of Orion? Want to see if I can get into it.

I downloaded Cities: Skylines, but not in the mood to play it yet (apparently)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm done with Kadara, but still need to get the outpost on Elaaden or whatever its' called, and basically still have to explore the bulk of that planet as well as the destroyed one. Dunno if I'm going to bother.

I thought that one was brilliantly made....got over there at the perfect time as well, as I had already planned to take a break from playing, but then I landed there and thought it was great.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
@Dokaka fully agree with you, although the Loyality missions in ME:A have been aHighlight for me....at times unbelievably funny and you almost get the impression that they put more work into these stories than in the Main Story, which is kind of sad.

I can't say I enjoyed Inquisition more, I got the impression that ME:A is more like Inquisition 2.0, which says it all. At least with ME:A I could see myself starting a second play through, something I'd never claim of Inquisition.

I don't think they won't do a Sequel for ME:A, but I guess it'll take quite some time until we'll see anything materialize in that regard. At the moment they're working on Dragon Age 4, so I don't think we'll see more than a couple of DLCs for ME:A......something they have to deliver though, after the Final of the Main Story. There are far too many unanswered questions.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On another note, Witcher 3 continues to ruin every other story-driven game for me. The writing, characters and world-building in that game is just.. Nothing compares, really.

Mass Effect built a fantastic world, but the writing is utter garbage in comparison to Witcher 3. Which says a lot, because the writing in Mass Effect is great :lol:
It is certainly the finest writing in the last decade especially the Red Baron quest,
Witcher 3/ Final Fantasy VI / Chrono Trigger are my list of video game story

Anyone excited to see Wolfenstine 2 : New Colossus ? wasn't much a fan of Wolfenstine series, but this looks promising

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom