• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What Stage Are You in?

What stage are you in?

• Denial

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Anger

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Bargaining

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Depression

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 93 64.6%

• Total voters

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Optimism -

We have an excellent set of youngsters and a world class coach who just needs time to become a world class manager as a whole.

We've made astute signings with cash under Edu and Arteta thus far, I have high hopes for our other money signings. KSE also put money in for Partey, people underestimate that. The backing for Arteta is clearly there and I believe for the right price they would've done Aouar as well.

League position is poor, overall state of the club is very very good. Only way is up.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Also football isn't really fun anymore, tbh...still enjoy seeing Arsenal win obviously, but it's not quite the same...still like the players, but I don't know, just isn't the same as it was even just 5 years ago...so it's easier for me to not care how average we are on and off the pitch these days...easier to take it in my stride.

Just glad Arsenal were great when football (and life) was at it's peak from 1997-2005!

Preach on it. I knew the players from every other top team back in the day. Now I can't tell you what United's starting XI is on any given week.

Football is so sterile nowadays, no magic, just efficient robots who run about like they're doing WOD at the local CrossFit gym

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Well the first stage is actually meant to be denial not grief, at it is usually referred to as the 5 stages of grief. Grief being the overall process of going from denial to acceptance.

We have several notable members of this forum that are obviously in denial. They can usually be found on the Arteta thread.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

it's easier for me to not care how average we are on and off the pitch these days...
This is savage btw. You don't rate cause they are average guys and not rated enough to be in car or calvin klein adverts.

Kinda glad there wasn't social media and the modern coverage we see today in the invincible days tbh. I reckon I'd have hated a few of them had I known their political views and stuff.

I hear Keown speak nowadays and I just have no time for him at all.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is savage btw. You don't rate cause they are average guys and not rated enough to be in car or calvin klein adverts.

Kinda glad there wasn't social media and the modern coverage we see today in the invincible days tbh. I reckon I'd have hated a few of them had I known their political views and stuff.

I hear Keown speak nowadays and I just have no time for him at all.

After Fabregas was over enough to get his own TV show in 2008, I vowed to never love another Arsenal player again until they also got their own TV show tbh...got to set that bar high!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

After Fabregas was over enough to get his own TV show in 2008, I vowed to never love another Arsenal player again until they also got their own TV show tbh...got to set that bar high!

I actually forgot about this you made me search it hahahaha well played.

I take it Bellerin's documentary doesn't count?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A mixture of acceptance and frustration really.

The Kroenke's will never support the club enough for challenge for titles on a consistent basis, it's just as simple as that. They also have a shocking record at appointing the correct people in footballing positions which is as big an issue as the lack of investment. The reality is that I'm not sure we can even call ourselves a top 6 club anymore, given the progress clubs like Leicester and Everton are making. That's the acceptance bit.

The frustration comes from the fact that we do have a good group of U25 players. KT, Gabriel, Saliba, Saka, ESR is agood crop of players that should grow into top players, but they need support, which I doubt they will receive from the club.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
What option should you pick if you still completely back Arteta?

lr7f0eggpgd31.jpg

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Acceptance and been here for a while. I have made City my second team and my affection for them is growing. I think next 12 months they will move to be my nr 1 team and Arsenal my second one. Life is too short for the nonsense Arsenal has been bringing lat 5 years. Btw Foden is amazing

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

None of the above.

Football isn’t - despite first impressions - binary. We can and have dropped off our “rivals”before, come back, switched direct rivals, won trophies without impressing and won **** all whilst playing like prime Barca.

I started watching under Terry Neil. I was at the press conference when Don Howe resigned (long story). I saw greatness and utter ****e under George Graham, then even greater highs and lows under Wenger, now this nonsense.

i can tell you the fan base was rarely if ever happy, save for Anfield in 89 and the unbeaten season - even then we underachieved in certain respects, mostly Europe, Wayne Bridge and all that.

We’ll never truly dominate - it hasn’t been our DNA sine the 1930’s - but we‘ll rise again one of these days with judicious spending, the academy and a mature manager. And hey, at least we‘re not ****ing Sp**s.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
None of the above.

Football isn’t - despite first impressions - binary. We can and have dropped off our “rivals”before, come back, switched direct rivals, won trophies without impressing and won **** all whilst playing like prime Barca.

I started watching under Terry Neil. I was at the press conference when Don Howe resigned (long story). I saw greatness and utter ****e under George Graham, then even greater highs and lows under Wenger, now this nonsense.

i can tell you the fan base was rarely if ever happy, save for Anfield in 89 and the unbeaten season - even then we underachieved in certain respects, mostly Europe, Wayne Bridge and all that.

We’ll never truly dominate - it hasn’t been our DNA sine the 1930’s - but we‘ll rise again one of these days with judicious spending, the academy and a mature manager. And hey, at least we‘re not ****ing Sp**s.

I wish I shared your optimism, but I fear that the rich clubs are tying a noose around football's neck and no one else will be able to get a foot in. There have always been wealthy clubs that dominated throughout the years even before the money got crazy but the gap is growing at an alarming rate right now as all of the top talents are concentrated in the hands of a few. City had Stones, Laporte, Foden, Jesus and Bernardo Silva on the bench against us in the League Cup final. Can you imagine having a team where you can leave 4 of those guys out in a cup final?

That is what we're up against and none of us will care if we do win the league again as to how it's won - however I fear if we do, it will be a result of others dropping than us raising our level. I don't expect us to dominate for a decade, but I'd at least like us to be categorically the best team in England for a season, with or without the title (preferably with, but teams who weren't the best have won it based on refereeing **** ups throughout the season and dodgy results)

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Been at the same stage for the last few years now. Acceptance. I get more excitement when we sell players than when we play football games or sign anybody. There’s a handful of players I actually rate at the club and zero trust in the people above them.

The only reason I still post on here is to keep that connection to the club, outside of here people don’t even think I like football. Arsenal have killed me inside, I’m a hollow shell of a man.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Acceptance + Bargaining.

Acceptance that unless we get another owner we won’t ever be able to financially muscle other teams and be spoilt brat fans like City United or Chelsea. Acceptance that football is about who has the most ambitious owner and a lot of things below that mean nothing. Not much magic in the game. The thing is people complain and hate Kroenke (so do I) but in a way we are run the way a business / sports team is meant to be run if it was a fair sport. So if we continue falling down the table while other clubs like Everton etc overtake just because they have a more ambitious interested owner, then my anger is going to be directed towards the game. The game has been all about money for a couple decades now. **** it.

Bargaining because maybe we can turn it around. We have so many young talented players right now that in 5-6 years we should have a few world class players if we play our cards right (big if with an inexperienced Edu in charge). Just like what Liverpool did if we use our assets wisely we could get some glory from it. Unfortunately for clubs like us and Liverpool it’s going to be cyclical based on the profile of our squads (Liverpool could full well drop out the CL for a while after their stars age if they don’t make money on them and reinvest). Meanwhile teams like City and Chelsea can buy their ways out of a mess. We are fighting a current here and the best fix is if we eventually get sold to someone else. It’s probably below a 20% chance of happening in the next decade so I’m not so optimistic about that.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom