• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

what will we do without him?

reggiepaul

That's the point. YOU will "see" and make excuses and conclusions based upon that. I on the other hand will see Arsenal - no matter what. Do you notice the difference?

The worst point is you are wishing failure on the team. Your lack of optimism is laughable considering the player (world class) we have at the club.

You can look forward to failure. Realistically at times we are meant to lose. Before Henry we had a decent run as well at the top of the table. Don't you think Wenger would have a replacement in mind and a structure to continue to fight at the top OR do you think Wenger is a one hit wonder and without Henry Wenger would be sacked by Arsenal for failing.

Make sense.

Andrew

reggiepaul said:
I'd like to break the bank and try and be simple for once.

The reason why Henry scores goals is he is our most forward player. The reason why he makes assists is, again, because he is our most forward player. The reason why he plays so often is, because he is capable of at this moment in time

BUT

we also have Bergkamp, Kanu, Aliadiere, Gilberto, Pires, Ljungberg, Edu, Vieira, Parlour, Clichy - well point being many other people behind him capable of doing the business. (business meaning actually playing at premiership level not play like henry)

If he wasn't around it would be a blow yes but he isn't the be all and end all of arsenal. If he had **** players around him we would be at the lower end of the table.

Fact is, people do take the ball off Henry. Henry does miss. Henry also drives forward with no support. Yes, Henry does fumble at times and on pitch consistency could be favoured towards our other players at times too.

Now - do we play without Henry? That is the logical scenario in light of your anxiety BUT that would be stupid, moronic and foolish BECAUSE he is an Arsenal player. We have to use him BUT he is great because of those around him. If you think otherwise you live in a Universe where only one player battles 11 others. Which isn't the case is it.

I think you make a very good point there. We only play with one real attacking striker whereas the other one sits in between midfield and attack, which is why that striker doesn't score so often. So if Henry was out it would be a blow, but we'd still get goals from Pires & Ljungberg, with our other strikers also taking more of the resposibiliy.

IW8

The question was: What will we do without him?

Answer: Get down on our knees and ask beg for forgiveness for what ever wrong we committed that resulted in his being taken away from us :lol:

Mark

Established Member
losing henry would be a big blow but we could cope. pires and freddie have started scoring goals and pires also has the most assists so he could fill the henry role quite well upfront with aliadiere or someone. hopefully we won't lose him anyway.

tony

exactly my thought and besides creativity SuperBob is most scoring midfielder in prem. But i still think, that we need 1 world class striker.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom