• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which players from other prem clubs would get in our team?

Sammer

Established Member
satan_beckham said:
How could u all leave howard out??? he is by far the best keeper in the premership!

Howard

Toure Campbell Gallas Cole

Giggs Viera Scholes Pires

Henry Van Nistlerooy

No way Howard is better than Jens...

Andrew

Sammer said:
satan_beckham said:
How could u all leave howard out??? he is by far the best keeper in the premership!

Howard

Henry Van Nistlerooy

And there's no way Howard is the best in the Premiership... definitely not "by far". He's lucky if he's in the top five!

Piston Broke

Sammer said:
satan_beckham said:

Howard

Henry Van Nistlerooy

I'd Say Howard & Jens Are very 50/50

Cudicini or Jones are the Best

Webdesignlab

Established Member
henrysgirl said:
wld love John Terry but afraid he might score own goals

You know that bit in South Park when they always say "oh my god they killed Kenny" well Terry's could be "oh my god they scored from Terry".

It sems to happen every match.

A

Anonymous

Andrew said:
And there's no way Howard is the best in the Premiership... definitely not "by far". He's lucky if he's in the top five!

:roll: he is by far one of the best in the EPL right now along with Cudicini,Jeskalinen(spl),Kirkland..

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

ruud said:
Andrew said:

:roll: he is by far one of the best in the EPL right now along with Cudicini,Jeskalinen(spl),Kirkland..

I think Howard is a good keeper but actually, there are no truly great keepers in the prem right now a la the red nosed racist.

A

Anonymous

That partnership up front Henry and RVN not many team would keep these guys from scoring i reckon 2-3 goals a match :shock: .

JGooner

GK:Cudicini
RB:Johnson or Finnan
CB:Campbell
CB:Terry
LB:Cole
RM: Ljungberg (there are no truly outstanding players in this position in the prem now that Beckham has gone)
CM: Vieira
CM: Scholes or Lampard or Keane or Gerrard or Makelele, etc... (there are so many CMs better than Gilberto that it is pointless listing them all. Scholes would be my no.1 choice. I reckon he's the best english player of his generation).
LM: Very difficult to choose. Pires for pure creativity, Duff for consistency and application, Kewell for explosive pace and versatility.
ST: Henry
ST: Van Nistelrooy (Owen, Crespo, and many other strikers would get in ahead of Bergkamp).

A

Anonymous

Id only have Scholes.

Not many world class players in the prem.

JazzG

Established Member
How Toure has been left out of some teams is unbelievable. He probably has been the best CB and RB in the league this season!

Taozhe

Scott Parker has earned a mention here. He has done extremely well for charlton and could slot well into our midfield. He is still underatted and would overtake Gerrard as we speak ;)

Andrew

ruud said:
Andrew said:

You see, that's where you are wrong. None of those goalkeepers have performed as well as Niemi this season. Do you really think Cudicini is one of the best at the moment? And Kirkland after and handful of games? Jussi I think is one of the best, but has made blunders as well. And Howard? If he would have collected the corner against Southampton properly then you wouldn't have lost that match. Beattie had a free header from point blank range. Name a goal conceeded in the Premier League that was Lehmann's fault?

This is IMO the top 10 based on this seasons league performances:

1. Niemi
2. Taylor
3. Jens
4. Jaaskalinen
5. Howard
6. Given
7. Kiley
8. Van Der Saar
9. Cudicini
10. Kirkland (based on the few games he played)

Piston Broke

How can you all give Howard such a hard time just Because he's a Manure Player the simple fact of the Matter is Which team has CONCEEDED the LEAST amount of GOALS this season

Howard - 11
Jens - 12
Cudicini - 12
Niemi - 12 Although Jones was in goal for the first part of the season

I suppose you have to congragulate Niemi/Jones for a good Start to the season

Andrew

Piston Broke said:
How can you all give Howard such a hard time just Because he's a Manure Player the simple fact of the Matter is Which team has CONCEEDED the LEAST amount of GOALS this season

Howard - 11
Jens - 12
Cudicini - 12
Niemi - 12 Although Jones was in goal for the first part of the season

I suppose you have to congragulate Niemi/Jones for a good Start to the season

That is why Niemi is the best IMO.

But it's not soley down to the goalkeeper. But if you want to go on goal conceeded stats.

Last season goals against:

Man Utd - 34
Arsenal - 42
Chelsea - 38

Now, if your theory is correct about goals conceeded, then this shows that Jens has been the best goalkeeper seeing how he has almost evened up the goals against stat. But goals conceeded isn't solely due to the goalkeeper. I can't recall any of those 12 goals conceeded this season as being Jens' fault. But both Howard and Cudicini have had one goal conceeded which were there fault. Howard against Southampton, and Cudicini vs. us. Whereas Jens has saved everything which can possibly be saved.

What I am saying is that Man Utd's defence was already good before Howard came. But Arsenal's defence has improved significantly with the arrival of Jens and the brilliant form of Toure.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom