• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who had the better season? Arsenal or Man Utd.

Who had the better season Arsenal or Man Utd?

• Arsenal

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • United

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So why do you then mention United’s FA-cup final? They lost so it doesn’t mean anything by your own logic.
Neither team had a season to write home about. We basically discussing two meh seasons and add small thing. Both teams entered same 4 competition. They went further in 3 and won in 1 of the 3.

amigo

Neither team had a season to write home about. We basically discussing two meh seasons and add small thing. Both teams entered same 4 competition. They went further in 3 and won in 1 of the 3.
Highest number of goals ever scored by us in a Premier league campaign and third highest ever points tally. Stongest title challenge in two decades and return to champions league after six year absence. Yes we didn't win the league, but I am not sure you can say it was a meh season for us.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Highest number of goals ever scored by us in a Premier league campaign and third highest ever points tally. Stongest title challenge in two decades and return to champions league after six year absence. Yes we didn't win the league, but I am not sure you can say it was a meh season for us.
This debate is so dumb. It is absolute incel level of arguing. We had a really good season. To say otherwise, or compare ours to ManU's and say we had a worse one is just prepubertal.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I mean, if we had their season and they had ours, we would also be thinking we had the better season
Think we used to flatter ourselves, saying winning the FA Cup and scraping through for a 4th place somehow was a great achievement and better than, or on par with, the teams that actually challenged for the PL league title. If we want to win the PL we have to start challenging. It just is that simple. Otherwise we can go back to being the Arsenal of old. A bit soft and never good enough to really have a chance of winning the PL. I hope that is changing.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I mean, if we had their season and they had ours, we would also be thinking we had the better season
Think we used to flatter ourselves, saying winning the FA Cup and scraping through for a 4th place somehow was a great achievement and better than, or on par with, the teams that actually challenged for the PL league title. If we want to win the PL we have to start challenging. It just is that simple. Otherwise we can go back to being the Arsenal of old. A bit soft and never good enough to really have a chance of winning the PL. I hope that is changing.

say yes

forum master baiter
Arsenal - and the gut reaction of any neutral would be the same - but it depends on how you see the game.

If silverware is all that matters to you, then it’s United. Even if they won the worst pot going; that’s more than we won.

But for me, trophies matter because of what they represent. The league title is special because it crowns you as the best team in England; not because you get to lift a piece of metal. It’s an official vindication of every fan’s claim that their team is the best. From that perspective, the Carabao means little. It’s a nice day out for the fans in a season where their closest rivals shat all over them, but all it really means is that their players held their nerve in a cup game against Newcastle. We didn’t win the title, but were a better team than United this season.

Indeed, trophies are not and never have been what makes the game special. There’s a reason why stadiums sell out for hundreds of teams across the country, even though the vast majority of them won’t sniff a trophy at the end. It’s the emotion, the sense of belonging, and the pride in seeing your team give their best and hopefully beat others that keeps everyone going. Trite, but it’s about the journey. And there’s also no contest on who had the better/more enjoyable season on that front.

In summary, we were the better team and had the more enjoyable season. United beat Newcastle in the carabao, but were well off the pace in the league and have to watch their noisy neighbours City demolish their club’s greatest achievement. Depends on what you value more.

Pop Tart

Established Member
League cup? No fan or media outlets take that seriously but when talksport media win it for the man u bias it becomes relevant like Europa.

They been thumped multiple times , were embarrassing in FA cup final. Only reason it was not more as man city had one eye on cl final.

Arteta is on the fence for me but is head and shoulders above this Dutch clown

Mudi

I read on a similar topic on Redcafe that if they had focused on the league instead of the 4 throphees, they would have finished equal/higher.

On the league cup, their toughest opponent before the final was Aston Villa (first week of Emery). They played all their games at home par the semi. At home vs Villa, Burnley, Charlton and then 2 leg games vs Forest before final against Newcastle.

On the FA cup, played home games against Everton, Reading, West Ham, Fulham and then semi on Wembley on which they went through on Penalties.

So all the cup games were at home against lower table teams till they had to play a meaningful game (final vs Newcastle, Semi final vs Brighton and final against City).

On the note, we played our first game of the Carling cup at home vs Brighton (on which we decided not play the strongest team) and then away at City for the FA cup.

I can guarantee you that if they had any decent opponent during their road to the final, they would have lost. Even against Brighton or Fulham, they were really lucky.

But that makes apparently a season. Having luck with lottery. While on the competition, you pay every team twice. Less reliant on luck and more on qualities. I would choose our season above Utd. The first year of Arteta we won the FA but I still enjoyed this year much more than winning FA cup.

blaze_of_glory

Obviously us, not even a question. They won a third rate trophy used for training youth team members. We led the league for 9 months and were in the title race until the last three weeks. They were out of the race by February. Also their manager is bald.

blaze_of_glory

I read on a similar topic on Redcafe that if they had focused on the league instead of the 4 throphees, they would have finished equal/higher.

On the league cup, their toughest opponent before the final was Aston Villa (first week of Emery). They played all their games at home par the semi. At home vs Villa, Burnley, Charlton and then 2 leg games vs Forest before final against Newcastle.

On the FA cup, played home games against Everton, Reading, West Ham, Fulham and then semi on Wembley on which they went through on Penalties.

So all the cup games were at home against lower table teams till they had to play a meaningful game (final vs Newcastle, Semi final vs Brighton and final against City).

On the note, we played our first game of the Carling cup at home vs Brighton (on which we decided not play the strongest team) and then away at City for the FA cup.

I can guarantee you that if they had any decent opponent during their road to the final, they would have lost. Even against Brighton or Fulham, they were really lucky.

But that makes apparently a season. Having luck with lottery. While on the competition, you pay every team twice. Less reliant on luck and more on qualities. I would choose our season above Utd. The first year of Arteta we won the FA but I still enjoyed this year much more than winning FA cup.
FA Cup is also worth about 3000 caribou cups

Bucephalus

We both had roughly equal seasons. We both got what we really wanted: a return to the CL. We look kinda better because we finished nine (?not going to look it up) points ahead. We're further ahead in our process. They need to go much further than we do to be competitive. But they did get a trinket. Mickey Mouse trophy and all, but we didn't get one. Of course, they got gift draws, and you can argue that in the F.A. Cup, we can say we both went out to the same team. And because City did the double, we can pick up a comparative trinket in August.

Because we both ended up where we hoped to, neither club can be unhappy. In fact, I think that both clubs should be happy. But we're closer.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

You actually think this was an average season from us, given what our expectations were at the start of the season?

Thank goodness you're not my boss bro :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
We were better on the pitch but finished with NOTHING. Utd are 1 position below and nabbed a cup.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s like going into a club and talking to a 10/10 all night but eventually going home alone, not even a number. While your mate who was struggling all night still left with a 6/10.

“I spoke to a 10/10 atleast” etc, means nothing.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We were better on the pitch but finished with NOTHING. Utd are 1 position below and nabbed a cup.
Honestly, you'd rather watch Peppa Pig than the current Man United side. No entertainment value whatsoever.

They are welcome to the Mickey Mouse cup, surely that does not signify. It's practically the Audi Cup with some history to it. Had they won the FA Cup, they would have had a case. Still ****e to watch.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom