• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who will replace Campbell in CD

With Campbell sidelined for about 6 weeks with injury, who will start our title defence in the CD position.

Senderos? Cygan? :-(

Mark

Established Member
A few threads on this already. The general view seems to be Cygan and I'd agree with that.

A

Anonymous

id really like to see senderos shine this season but he might not be ready, so most likely its gonna be cygan as first choice - i reckon cygan will do the job for us whilst campbell is out :) maybe we'll even see Hoyte play in CB alongside Toure? that would also be interesting.

Alexone234

Cygan will start and we will see how good he does. that said, if you are going to blood a newboy, the early games are the time to do it.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
It's gonna be the Cygan-ator. Which is a shame cos I thought Senderos looked far better than him on Friday.

Alexone234

You never know though. It would be cool to see the new player get a run out in the EPL. I don't know what Wenger is planning for Cygan,

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i personally think it should be Senderos... we are playing everton, they will have no Radzinski, no Rooney... this leaves them with not much up front.... might be a good way to get Senderos time against a PL team but not a very good one....

johe

They have Big Dunc Ferguson, and we wouldn't want Senderos to get injured, now would we? :wink:

KingReyes

Established Member
Cygan will get the nod against Everton, however its a certainty that Senderos will play while Sol is out. If good enough he will be given his chance and he is definately good enough. But Cygan to start most of the games without doubt.

nnaife

we need another quality cb.

Senderos is going to make too many mistakes as he learns the game, mistakes that this season will cost us trophies but if he's given games he may eventually become a solid player.

Hoyte will player rb and will be a decent backup to whomever is the first choice, he'll do just fine.

Cygan is limited guys against pacey opposition running at him he isn't at all comfortable and decisive.

He did ok against Ajax but their forwards aren't speed merchants so he wasn't too troubled, but against the likes of drogba, barros, saha, cisse, bellamey and owen he's gonna struggle and be caught out.

beanz

I was'nt a big fan of Pascal when he 1st came here, I thought he was a slow useless lump, but I've changed my opinion of him and can now see what Arsène obviously saw when he brought him here.
At the match yesterday he was up against Ibrahimovitch who so impressed in Euro '04 and to say that Pascal had him in his pocket would be an understatment, he was all over him like a bad rash (reminded me a lot of TA6) good in the air and solid in the tackle :mrgreen:

kazu

based on cygan's showing against ajax which he did reasonably well against no less then zlatan, i would think that he deserves to start...

don't get me wrong, i often cringe watching cygan play but he's due some credit... would love to see senderos feature in some parts of the game though...

even another player whom i think we could replace, gilberto, did well too! things are looking good! i hope they keep up their good work... now it's left to jeffers to show what he can do! :)

Gregwin04

i think sendaros will get the chance to play just to see how he does with Kolo. the thing is the Shield is not a top prioraty for us so why not chuck him in to see how he faires with top opposition against him

that is if man "the ****" utd play thier full strength team

A

Anonymous

There is no dobut that Cygan will start this game, and I cant understand why anyone doesnt think this or not want him to.

It doesnt make sense to me. :?:

Senderos has never played in our first team, and the idea of throwing him into our first game of the season at Goddison Park which is always a hard game for us ahead of the experienced and very capable Cygan is ridiculous.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom