• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who will replace Campbell in CD

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
There is no dobut that Cygan will start this game, and I cant understand why anyone doesnt think this or not want him to.

It doesnt make sense to me. :?:

Senderos has never played in our first team, and the idea of throwing him into our first game of the season at Goddison Park which is always a hard game for us ahead of the experienced and very capable Cygan is ridiculous.

Agreed, you would think some of the fans around here listen too much to talksport or something. Cygan has done very well for us and our best defensive performance last came with him being in the lineup.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
JazzG said:
Agreed, you would think some of the fans around here listen too much to talksport or something. Cygan has done very well for us and our best defensive performance last came with him being in the lineup.
Agreed. I think Kolo will work quite well as a partner for Cygan because they are quite different defenders - Cygan lacks pace but reads the game well, while Kolo relies on his pace and strength to make up for any positional errors he makes.

r_blair2

If Senderos started the ajax game along side kolo I think I would have the opinion that he may start the season but seeing as he didnt even come on tells me that its Cygan who will start.

This may change if Senderos plays in the Community Shield though

lewdikris

Established Member
If no more signings were made and none of the injuries cleared up before the start of the season, the team against Ajax will be exactly the one that starts against Everton. 100% guaranteed.

Henry IV

It's got to be Cygan. He's got the experience and I'm sure he'll be more confident after a solid 2003/04 season.

kutz

Senderos is untried. Simply not enough experience for the EPL. Who knows, he could be brilliant, but you can't take the risk. In this league, you can't afford to have a bad day, and kids have bad days.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
i personally think it should be Senderos... we are playing everton, they will have no Radzinski, no Rooney... this leaves them with not much up front.... might be a good way to get Senderos time against a PL team but not a very good one....

Thats a really good point - and i too think it should be Senderos but i'm 99% sure Wenger will start cygan.

I reckon we'll see Senderos in action by the 3rd of 4th games of the season and then see where it goes from there.

calvinngai88

I'll prefer Senderos but Wenger's more prone to using Cygan. However nothing's still confirmed yet. :D So there's still chance for Senderos to star.

weelip

definately Cygan. Senderos aint ready. He is unfortunately delayed by his injuries last season. Hoyte is totally out of the question. By the way, i thought Cygan has been decent. Not a bad deputy at all.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom