• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who's our best player?

Who's our best player?

• Özil

• Sánchez

• Cech

• Cazorla

• Ramsey

• Monreal

• Koscielny

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

say yes

forum master baiter
Title says it all really.

Guessing it's going to be quite close between Özil and Sanchez but I'm interested to see the results.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Eeeny, meeny, miny, moe'd Özil out of him, Sanchez and Nacho.

Tough pick, that.

Jamrock

I think Sanchez.. Once he is in form we win games as he will score loads and assist loads too..

Özil is a much better natural player, he is more technical compared to sanchez. But i an ideal world Sanchez is what wins you games and trophies, scoring goals is the most difficult part of the game.

So if i was to be pused hard i would say Sanchez as wheb he is on form he wins you games..

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
All hail our supreme lord Özil.

giphy.gif

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I voted Cech because he's more consistent than both Özil and Sanchez and he's closer to being the best in the world at his position than either. With that said I don't think you could go wrong picking from any of those 3. Sanchez at his best is unplayable and a genuine threat to score from anywhere. The tracking back and really putting in a shift is obviously a great asset that remains even when he's off form. He does give the ball away a lot though and so that hurts from a consistency standpoint. Özil at his best is also unplayable and his assist numbers speak for themselves. He would be even more remarkable with a more clinical striker in the side. That said, when he's off form and not tracking back he can be a liability. He does always seem to create one clear chance a match but when he does nothing else for 90 minutes that of course hurts consistency. Regardless, I love them all and wish we had more players of their level in our ranks. Edit: I feel truly ashamed to not have included Kos amongst these 3. He is one of the best in the world at his position and deserves the same regard. He's maybe even more consistent than Özil and Sanchez and frequently pockets the top threats on the opposing team.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I voted Cech because he's more consistent than both Özil and Sanchez and he's closer to being the best in the world at his position than either. With that said I don't think you could going wrong picking from any of those 3. Sanchez at his best is unplayable and a genuine threat to score from anywhere. The tracking back and really putting in a shift is obviously a great asset that remains even when he's off form. He does give the ball away a lot though and so that hurts from a consistency standpoint. Özil at his best is also unplayable and his assist numbers speak for themselves. He would be even more remarkable with a more clinical striker in the side. That said, when he's off form and not tracking back he can be a liability. He does always seem to create one clear chance a match but when he does nothing else for 90 minutes that of course hurts consistency. Regardless, I love them all and wish we had more players of their level in our ranks.
Name a current better passer than Özil.

Batman

Name a current better passer than Özil.
There isn't one. However passing is only one facet of being a midfield player. When I speak about being the best in the world at a position I mean precisely that, rather than being the best at a particular skill. Messi isn't the best in the world at anything. Rather it's the combination of things that he's exceptional at that make him the best. The same is true for anyone who is the best at their position. Paul Scholes was a better passer than Zidane but only a lunatic would suggest that Scholes was the better player. Zidane did more to dictate the outcome of a match. He had more in his locker. There are more midfielders who have greater all around games than Özil than there are keepers who have greater all around games than Cech. This is no slight against Özil as you'll find I'm one of his greatest supporters here and have defended him since I began posting here before others came around.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Özil. In terms of decision-making, awareness, technique, passing, vision and execution in the final third is few levels above our other players.

Sanchez is an absolutely sensationsl player, but his error margin is far too high - yes, his game is all about risk, but I feel he should do better in a few aspects of the game.

Aevi

Hale End FC
There isn't one. However passing is only one facet of being a midfield player. When I speak about being the best in the world at a position I mean precisely that, rather than being the best at a particular skill. Messi isn't the best in the world at anything. Rather it's the combination of things that he's exceptional at that make him the best. The same is true for anyone who is the best at their position. Paul Scholes was a better passer than Zidane but only a lunatic would suggest that Scholes was the better player. Zidane did more to dictate the outcome of a match. He had more in his locker. There are more midfielders who have greater all around games than Özil than there are keepers who have greater all around games than Cech. This is no slight against Özil as you'll find I'm one of his greatest supporters here and have defended him since I began posting here before others came around.
Fair enough, but I think @Furious Styles put what I mean together well. Passing isn't just passing, Özil makes it his role by incorporating so much into it. He directs the attacks like no other player can.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil is obviously the stand out player. Closely followed by Sanchez, Kos, Ramsey and Cech.

Rest of the team are a joke, a kid like Bellerin aside.

Ramsey has to be one of the most slept on players of recent Arsenal history, key player.

But, yeah, Mesut by far.

scytheavatar

Established Member
So far this season the order from best to not the best probably goes:

Özil
Monreal
Coq
Cech
Bellerin
Walcott

Sanchez honestly has been a mixed bag, the game vs Zagreb is the first good game he has for us in a long, long time. I would argue he needs to step up a lot to be a contender for "best player" this season. Same could be said about Ramsey and Kos.

Batman

Fair enough, but I think @Furious Styles put what I mean together well. Passing isn't just passing, Özil makes it his role by incorporating so much into it. He directs the attacks like no other player can.
I agree with you both that's he's brilliant and a wonderful passer of the ball. He directs attacks fantastically as well, I'm certainly not disputing that. I just feel that Cech performs to his full world class capability more consistently than Özil does. Again though, I don't think you can go wrong selecting Cech, Özil, Sanchez or Kos. I think it could also be argued that Coq is more important to us than all of the players mentioned since we haven't got a replacement of even similar quality. They're all fantastic though so it comes down to preference and opinion. I'm thankful that we're able to have this debate with such great players in the discussion. We've come a long way since the dark ages of Denilson and Andre Santos.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Özil for me, who is currently best ACM in world (only one who comes close is Silva). Whilst Alexis on the LW, I would say Ronaldo, Neymar and on current form Costa are better.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom