• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Whos your favourite gunner atm and why?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
At the moment by that definition you could probably involve David Dein (it did occur saturdy that Arsène spent time playing full back - but then memories of Boom Boom at full back came streaming through....SMACK).

Seriously though, I don't get names on shirts because I've been around too long. They come, they go. Some come back and go again. More than once.

But I don't truly care about any of them. Titi's good, but he's just another great player in the rich tapestry of our history. When I was a kid Liam Brady had the skills of an angel (sorry Den and Titi - still the best I've seen) but older brothers wouls tell us about Eastham, and the dad's would laugh to themselves, say Alex James, and just nod because they knew.

My one true love is Arsenal. She has been there through everything my life has taken me. She's soent time being pretty and she's spent time being ugly. She's spent time doing well and time when she's had people sending her the route to the knackers yard.

But you know what, from first double to present day there's never been a day when I've even considered another love.

Once. In all the shirts I've bought there's only been one got a name/number of a player on the back (A mate sent me this years shirt which I hate. I got '12' 'North Bank' printed on the back because we were the 12'th man for a long time. I finally wore it to a match - aginst West Ham).

A few years ago I saw an add iin the programme that for the next match long sleev home shirts (in their last months of a two year run) would be half price. Had a worn s/s thathad been to many games so I though... 'why not'.

Driving over to have some lunch at a mates (Mark Maunder) before the game I had the radio on and was listening when Wrighty broke down trying to announce that Rocky had died.

We played the sum that day and they weren't ****. They observed the minute silence absolutely and as they did I was stood there in a brand new 'Rocky' '7' shirt.

It's the only shirt I've ever had with a players name on in my life. I still wear it regularly.

And if anyone is too young to understand how absolutely wonderful Rocky really was, I still wear that shirt quite often at away games in their pubs and it is absolutely amamzing hom many fans of clubs that he had nothing to do with pat you on the back as they're passing and say something nice about him.

Wenger14

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
My one true love is Arsenal. She has been there through everything my life has taken me. She's soent time being pretty and she's spent time being ugly. She's spent time doing well and time when she's had people sending her the route to the knackers yard.

Would be a perfect world if women were as loyal :lol:

cc

Viper said:
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Anyone that can play left back.
Which means your favourite players are Clichy and Cole.

nope. they are ruled out because none of them can play left back AT THE MOMENT :p

I found that cesc, rvp and mad Jens were grouped together by quite a few posters here :roll:

gun4glory

Cesc The Great said:
Cesc The Great, of course.

Kolo,Robin and Jens are not far behind.

Right on! Reyes has gotta be up there too...

Btw CtG, thats absolutely the BET picture I've ever seen of Cesc... Absolutely perfect!

Ratinho

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
But I don't truly care about any of them. Titi's good, but he's just another great player in the rich tapestry of our history. When I was a kid Liam Brady had the skills of an angel (sorry Den and Titi - still the best I've seen) but older brothers wouls tell us about Eastham, and the dad's would laugh to themselves, say Alex James, and just nod because they knew.

But you know what, from first double to present day there's never been a day when I've even considered another love.

Once. In all the shirts I've bought there's only been one got a name/number of a player on the back (A mate sent me this years shirt which I hate. I got '12' 'North Bank' printed on the back because we were the 12'th man for a long time. I finally wore it to a match - aginst West Ham).

Driving over to have some lunch at a mates (Mark Maunder) before the game I had the radio on and was listening when Wrighty broke down trying to announce that Rocky had died.

We played the sum that day and they weren't ****. They observed the minute silence absolutely and as they did I was stood there in a brand new 'Rocky' '7' shirt.

It's the only shirt I've ever had with a players name on in my life. I still wear it regularly.

And if anyone is too young to understand how absolutely wonderful Rocky really was, I still wear that shirt quite often at away games in their pubs and it is absolutely amamzing hom many fans of clubs that he had nothing to do with pat you on the back as they're passing and say something nice about him.

Everything you just said. :*)

Though if I was to pick one member of this squad out right now, it'd be Jens Lehmann.

marco

Jens lehmann with fabregas a close second;

these along with toure are the only ones to show any sort of fight and desire this season.

also jens hasnt put a foot wrong this season!
as off yet and has been consistently good this season.

Wenger14

Established Member
heh to think if it was last year this time, Gilberto and Henry would have had a large share of support on here.

How the world changes.

Sammer

Established Member
Top Arsenal blokes this season are:

Jens, Cesc and Kolo. All of them, especially Cesc and Jens, show the comitment that our senior players have lacked (Gilberto, Freddie, Pires).

A

Anonymous

Kolo, Cesc and Jens.

How a couple of people allready as Theo is ****ing stupid.

asajoseph

Established Member
HF, you appear to be suffering from Mania-itis, and have started arguing against points that don't exist - only one person so far has said Theo (JML), and (I think/hope) he was joking.

Seriously, consult a shrink at the next possible opportunity mate :D

A

Anonymous

asajoseph said:
HF, you appear to be suffering from Mania-itis, and have started arguing against points that don't exist - only one person so far has said Theo (JML), and (I think/hope) he was joking.

Seriously, consult a shrink at the next possible opportunity mate :D

I am very highly strung untill the Real Matches, just read the 1st couple of posts and the Theo one anoyed me. :x

I will be more chilled out after CL matches :wink: Its getting hard for a Gunner with Catalan blood with Real comming up.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom