• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakarta

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

What? You can be the heroine who saves Arsenal football club. We’d give you a statue outside the stadium and name a stand after you!

You’d get him to give us a 300m warchest every summer. Oh and plus you could convince him to sack Arteta and bring in Zidane as manager.

GIF by Identity

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
What? You can be the heroine who saves Arsenal football club. We’d give you a statue outside the stadium and name a stand after you!

You’d get him to give us a 300m warchest every summer. Oh and plus you could convince him to sack Arteta and bring in Zidane as manager.

No need for me, I'm sure your mother will do the job admirably.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think he’d actually do very well paired with a creative player. In recent years he’s gotten very good at finding the free man that the inevitable double team attracts. Imagine that spare man is Auba/ESR/Saka/Pepe in and around the box?

Not to mention you can bank on him to beat his man more often than not. Best dribbler in the league.

I wouldn’t mind either way but if you’re looking for a way to create chances for others despite Arteta’s football then this is one of the players you should be looking at.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Think he’d actually do very well paired with a creative player. In recent years he’s gotten very good at finding the free man that the inevitable double team attracts. Imagine that spare man is Auba/ESR/Saka/Pepe in and around the box?

Not to mention you can bank on him to beat his man more often than not. Best dribbler in the league.

I wouldn’t mind either way but if you’re looking for a way to create chances for others despite Arteta’s football then this is one of the players you should be looking at.
Yeah we could really do with a great dribbler. Games like the villareal game showed how easy it is to nullify us and we don’t have one player who can beat players and open teams up

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Let’s put it this way… I would’ve rather had Zaha than Willian this past season and moving forward. If some kind of like-for-like switch can be done, then by all means (I imagine Zaha would take cheaper wages too).

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lets stay away from players approaching their 30s especially on their last big contract.

Let's start scouting and actually putting in the hours the time and the right negotiation techniques to get someone better and younger that Zaha.

Iceman10

Established Member
Lets stay away from players approaching their 30s especially on their last big contract.

Let's start scouting and actually putting in the hours the time and the right negotiation techniques to get someone better and younger that Zaha.
I don't agree with this calculus based on potential impacts to qualify for EL or CL. At 29 there potentially are three good seasons in the player. It depends more on wages than anything else.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't agree with this calculus based on potential impacts to qualify for EL or CL. At 29 there potentially are three good seasons in the player. It depends more on wages than anything else.
Potentially under peak conditions. The odds are stacked against you. You don't spend 40-50m on something that may potentially serve you 3 years if you're lucky.

It would be a poor signing.

- last big contract
- you arrive at probably the highest/best team. After this it'd only down
- you start to think about other things like family, business ventures.
- no resale value
- no interest for the player to perform to get the the next level.

Would be typical Arsenal signing. Wasting money is what we do best. Especially if it's the easy option.

Iceman10

Established Member
Potentially under peak conditions. The odds are stacked against you. You don't spend 40-50m on something that may potentially serve you 3 years if you're lucky.

It would be a poor signing.
As per @Jakarta , we're potentially talking about something like 10m + AMN + Reiss. For me this would be a bit different from a player coming from Chelsea who has already won it all. Zaha still has quite a bit of ambition and hunger in him. I think he could also sacrifice some wages because of this. This is not my Plan A, but I am open to it, especially if we are letting one of Laca/Auba go on top of Willian and Reiss.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Zaha is comfortably better player than pepe. The expectations has been lowered so much for pepe we take any positive he does as better than nothing. This is 72 million attacking player who is out of most matches except for moments. Zaha is scoring more and creating more despite being the main focus of every team Palace plays. If the club could go back in time there is no way they would buy pepe. Hell our previous football director was investigated by the club for spending so much on him and got sacked for it

Pepe is levels above Zaha. Zaha's lack of intelligence is shocking, doesn't stop turning over possession hence why he dispossessed so much more than Pepe and takes so many bad touches statistically in comparison.

Zaha only got 1 more goal in the league than Pepe despite playing over 1000 more minutes than Pepe. The season prior to that Pepe outscored him despite playing roughly 12000 minutes less than Zaha in the league. Considering Zaha has played as a forward the majority of the last couple of seasons whilst Pepe is a winger.

I have a lot Palace mates, all whom say Zaha hasn't been anywhere the level he was in 18/19 and they should of sold him then when his stock was high.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
As per @Jakarta , we're potentially talking about something like 10m + AMN + Reiss. For me this would be a bit different from a player coming from Chelsea who has already won it all. Zaha still has quite a bit of ambition and hunger in him. I think he could also sacrifice some wages because of this. This is not my Plan A, but I am open to it, especially if we are letting one of Laca/Auba go on top of Willian and Reiss.
It's lazy and stinks of opportunism and poor planning. It would show there isn't actually a plan in place.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you can get him for cheap then you definitely get him. He would fight for the badge, 29 this year so it would be one last contract. But it's not a priority.

£10M + AMN or something then yeah. Anything more it's not really worth it.

Iceman10

Established Member
It's lazy and stinks of opportunism and poor planning. It would show there isn't actually a plan in place.
As per what I said above, we really don't know what is going to happen with Laca this summer. He has to be sold or extended for a year on top of the year left, and that is part down to him. Not saying this will happen, but it could be a contingency idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom