• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Racism Mar Our New Look Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
yeah, thierry will appreciate reyes finding that funny. i'm sure thierry wouldnt really care tbh. aragones is a old man with an ancient way of thinking.

informed1

I have to say I am surprised at the blase attitude towards the comment, there was no need to refer to henry as such it was offensive and I am sure he wouldn't have liked anyone referring to Reyes using a racist language. It is just not acceptable I dont give a damn if he is 65 or 105 its not acceptable and shouldn't have been said. I know some of the people on this site are non white so tell me if he had use a racist word to refer to someone from your race would you react so casual about it?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Same here, but to be honest it was not a member who said this and the whole thing was probably taken out of proportion by the as well. If you want to know my iews on racism you could check the thread we had in march about Ron Atkinson's comments about Desailly.

patrick42uk

Established Member
mate i am non-white but it'd be pointless getting worked up over that word in relation to football. if you ae going to get pissed off everytime the word is used then you had better leave the game completely because i believe its quite common, especially amongst the old school coaches. black players choose to ignore/accept it.

Canuck

Established Member
:shock: Well I am shocked and appalled. :roll: I would think that Aragones was just trying to get Reyes wound up a bit. I'm sure that's not how JAR feels about Henry. The two of them seem to be getting along very well, and I doubt that it will affect their partnership at all.

That said, it was certainly a sh*ty thing to say, and I would hope that he (Aragones) makes an apology.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
personally, as much as that was meants as a tactic to get JAR raring to go, if a NATIONAL TEAM COACH is stupid enough to say something like that in front of the press, he should be let go without further hesitation.... if he is not fired, he will be fined HEAVILY by FIFA... as he SHOULD be... that type of remark in not welcome in the world of football, especially against one of the tope players in the world by a national team coach...

pure stupidity.... i cant think of another way to describe that..

sabret00the

Established Member
USArsenal said:
personally, as much as that was meants as a tactic to get JAR raring to go, if a NATIONAL TEAM COACH is stupid enough to say something like that in front of the press, he should be let go without further hesitation.... if he is not fired, he will be fined HEAVILY by FIFA... as he SHOULD be... that type of remark in not welcome in the world of football, especially against one of the tope players in the world by a national team coach...

i agree as a black dude even i find them comments offensive, what has race got to to do with it? and personally i'd be pissed off if my friend defended the comments in the press as Reyes seems to have done.

A

Anonymous

USArsenal said:

i totally agree. This idiot needs to be fined

Its very offensive to say that word and FIFA should clamp down on this dude. For years FIFA/UEFA are trying to stop racism in the sport and all we need is foe a national coach to say something.

Also if Reyes thinks it was funny, then he is a idiot too. I am sure Henry would not be too happy to hear this.

IMO this could tarnish the Reyes/Henry relationship

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
to Reyes' defence on this, it is something that you know was meant as a wind up, and it was the coach of the national side you are trying to keep your place in, its not like your going to be chastising him in public for saying that word.... it does not mention that Jose was laughing himself sill out on the training pitch..

this will have no influence between him & Henry...

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm sure henry will not be making a big deal out of this as he's not that sort of person. But to say that it wont bother him is just crazy, ofcourse its going to bother him.

Such an extreeme remark should land the coach ATLEAST a very heavy fine. The fact that he said it so casually infront of all the journalists worries me even more. Fifa are supposed to be very sensitive about racism so they'r likely to take action immidiately i reckon.

slapz

"It was just a laugh. This is something concerning the team and should remain among us." <---- Stupid comment, calling someone that name is a laugh?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He didn't say that. I don't even think he can put together a sentence that complete on his own. Yes this makes us wonder, but the fact is the coach said it and he wants to stay on good terms. I have a feeling they talked about it in privated and Reyes probably told him he didn't appreciate that sort of language. Anyways I'm sure nothing will happen between Henry and Reyes. Henry is too big a man to let that affect him.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Fifa are supposed to be very sensitive about racism so they'r likely to take action immidiately i reckon.

very true, but FIFA under Sepp Blatter has been known for making strange decisions.

A

Anonymous

should be fired.

if a CEO in a high profile company said that, he be fired

Canuck

Established Member
Something should def. be done. He can't just make statements like that publicly and not have anything happen to him. Fine his A**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom