• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Ramsey keep Wilshere out next season?

a_fourteen

Established Member
Is Ramsey good enough to keep Wilshere on the bench next season? If Cesc and Nasri stay, there will not be room for Jack and Rambo. So who will get the nod? Rambo was ahead of Jack in the pecking order before his horrific injury but Jack's built a nice reputation in his absence. I have a feeling Rambo will get the nod to play alongside cesc next season ahead of Jack. He's the better finisher and may even be the better passer.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Now that Jack made the right decision not to travel to the U21 EC this summer, he'll have a full pre season with us, as well as Ramsey.

Remains to be seen which one will start in 2011/12, I do think Jack is still ahead because of last season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Of course not wilshere is now starter and i hope he keep his top performance ramsey can can be a super sub

ebouenolike

Established Member
To be honest I just want us to keep both.

Rambo is the better finisher currently, and has tons of upside, but getting Jack out of the team is incredibly hard. Jack is industrious, a great passer, doesn't get injured often and wears his heart on his sleeve during a game.

Love Rambo but getting past Wilshere will be impossible currently, they compliment each other.

silent_shadow

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
Is Ramsey good enough to keep Wilshere on the bench next season? If Cesc and Nasri stay, there will not be room for Jack and Rambo. So who will get the nod? Rambo was ahead of Jack in the pecking order before his horrific injury but Jack's built a nice reputation in his absence. I have a feeling Rambo will get the nod to play alongside cesc next season ahead of Jack. He's the better finisher and may even be the better passer.
How is Ramsey a better passer?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
What's Nasri got to do with it?

Anyway, glad we have them both. Ramsey will be a star, somewhere in the midfield and eventually.

Floating

Established Member
They're different players. They can certainly play together, as we saw at the Emirates against the Mancs. I feel that this season, Jack was brilliant, but Wenger ran him into the ground a bit (he was forced to, as Denilson and Rosicky are fairly ****). Now that Ramsey is in the picture, they can trade, or play together when Cesc needs a rest.

Two of the best CM's of their generation - brilliant that we have them both.

Just check out my avatar :)

Raider

Established Member
Wenger loves continuity, so in short no.

Unless Ramsey elevates to an unplayable level.

mo50

Established Member
They'll both be important players next year. I think Wilshere will start the season as first choice, and with Cesc picking up hamstring injuries every 3 weeks Ramsey will get a lot of playing time.

He's a quality option when either Wilshere/Fabregas need a rest, and to avoid burnout Wenger must rotate smartly next season.

TomasCR

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Wenger's plan is to get both of them into the starting XI, somehow. Not that it's any bad as both of them are very good, but it's not like we'll win anything with the two young boys playing majority of all games in the middle together either.

TomasCR

Established Member
So no Ramsey won't keep Wilshere "out" next season as Jack hasn't done anything to lose his place in the team just yet, not to mention that he's a bit different than Ramsey and if Fabregas was to stay for one more season, Wilshere is the one who looks more likely to get the last place in the middle.

a_fourteen

Established Member
if we play 4-2-3-1 we can play 3 CMs one of which will need to be a DM. that means 2 spots for cesc, wilshere, ramsey and nasri to fill. i'm including nasri only because he's stated that he'd like to play in CM and that's what's holding up his contract.
if ramsey does not start as some of you suggest, and comes on during injuries or as a super-sub, he's gonna get restless. at that age you have to keep playing to get better.
next season will be interesting.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
First, all that Nasri stuff is pretty thin and there's no way he's trying to get his contract worded so that he plays in the centre; he plays out wide or where he's told.

Second, I think Ramsey and/or Jack will be just fine with not playing 50+ games this coming season. If they compete for the same spot and one starts getting the upper-hand, then so be it, but it's not the looming crisis you make it out to be. We want competition and both of those guys would welcome it in my opinion.

Jbruin

Established Member
I think it's Songs place that is under threat more than Jack. I can really see Jack and Aaron forming and awesome CM pairing in pre-season IF given the chance to play with each other, I've got no doubts in both players being more than intelligent enough to play the defensive side of the game and not **** up the balance.

KY

Established Member
ding ding ding... may the best player win!

(fantastic situation to have though!)

viper_001

Established Member
Hopefully Wenger learns the meaning of squad rotation. We need to keep our players fresh so when our best start to crumble around Feb-March, we have others to fall back upon.

a_fourteen

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
First, all that Nasri stuff is pretty thin and there's no way he's trying to get his contract worded so that he plays in the centre; he plays out wide or where he's told.

Second, I think Ramsey and/or Jack will be just fine with not playing 50+ games this coming season. If they compete for the same spot and one starts getting the upper-hand, then so be it, but it's not the looming crisis you make it out to be. We want competition and both of those guys would welcome it in my opinion.

george_bush_hands_up1.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom