• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Ramsey keep Wilshere out next season?

ebouenolike

Established Member
viper_001 said:
Hopefully Wenger learns the meaning of squad rotation. We need to keep our players fresh so when our best start to crumble around Feb-March, we have others to fall back upon.

Exactly. It's a big reason why we crumble.

a_fourteen

Established Member
all this squad rotation stuff is easier said than done. ask rafa benitez. you simply got to play your best players until they hit a wall.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Yeeeah, OK. Well, you said Ramsey's going to get restless. What's he going to do then? Or, vice versa, Jack? Also, that Nasri won't sign unless he's guaranteed a centre spot. Is he gonna get one?

Not sure your arguments are on such solid ground that you can play the picture game quite yet. Walk first. :wink:

a_fourteen

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Yeeeah, OK. Well, you said Ramsey's going to get restless. What's he going to do then? Or, vice versa, Jack? Also, that Nasri won't sign unless he's guaranteed a centre spot. Is he gonna get one?

Not sure your arguments are on such solid ground that you can play the picture game quite yet. Walk first. :wink:

it's not about what wilshere or ramsey are going to do. it's about what wenger is going to do. what did he do the last time he had two CMs - one experienced and one who was restless and couldnt play them together? think about who he'll get ready to sell to accomodate wilshere and ramsey.

a_fourteen

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
So now you think which of the two doesn't start next season is up for the chop? Okie-doke.

not what i'm saying. i'm saying he'll sell cesc to justify playing both of them. like he did with vieira.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
This is fun. :angel So, now Cesc is going to be cleared out to ensure neither Jack or Aaron get frustrated. But then wouldn't Samir get his wish and one of them will still be out in the cold?

Now we've established that, think you need to change the thread title to 'Midfield Crisis Looms'.

Mastadon

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
AnthonyG said:
So now you think which of the two doesn't start next season is up for the chop? Okie-doke.

not what i'm saying. i'm saying he'll sell cesc to justify playing both of them. like he did with vieira.

Vieira was looking for a move since 99/00 Wenger held on to him for as long as he could. Cesc has been linked to Barca for ages. If he does eventually go there I`m sure that a potential Ramsey-Wilshere midfield partnership will be the last reason why.

VancouverCanuck

On one hand, everyone is demanding Wenger to buy world class players to challenge for the title and keep existing star players like Cesc and Nasri happy. On the other hand, we should sell off one of promising youngsters just so the other one can "guarantee" a first team spot?!? IMO, Ramsey has not done enough to warrant an automatic starting spot on a top 4 team. He has shown enormous potential, yes. But he still got lots to learn. If anything, we should learn from the team who has just won the title, for the 19th time. No one midfield player is guaranteed to start, not Nani, Valencia, Giggs, Scholes, Park. SAF picks the best player available that is most suited to play against the opponent on the day.

I think both Jack and Rambo will get to start in at least 25 games, barring injuries. That includes CC, FA and CL. So I think that is enough games to keep both happy. Maybe more in the case of Jack if he can maintain the form that he was in. Besides, neither one of them seems to be the whinny type.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I had been extremely patient with Ramsey this season because of his leg break, but in truth his performances for the past few games is arguably what you would expect from Denilson. There are still many questions for Ramsey to answer; he's still not yet able to perform consistently at the level he was before his leg break.

Shue

Established Member
Isn't Song due for an ACN next season?

Can see Jack and Aaron happily playing 30-35 games each.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
scytheavatar said:
I had been extremely patient with Ramsey this season because of his leg break, but in truth his performances for the past few games is arguably what you would expect from Denilson. There are still many questions for Ramsey to answer; he's still not yet able to perform consistently at the level he was before his leg break.
All 5+3 appearances? Yeah, you're a saint. Think we can begin to see how it stands next season, not that signs weren't promising this season.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There are a lot of question marks surrounding the make up of our squad for next season, but I don't think Ramsey will keep Jack out of the starting lineup. Frankly, I hope they rotate and neither one considers themselves guaranteed starters.

Our team has been far too reliant on a few key players or an ideal starting 11, and for a team that tries to compete on 4 fronts each year this just a bad idea. We need to rotate our players.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ramsey is still raw talent lots of upside , explosive plays in spurts . Wilshere is already a cultured footballer with a high level of consistent quality .

Vela

Established Member
With Wilshere not going to the U21 tournament he will have the summer off and be rested. Then he would be back for pre season in good shape. Ramsey needs to have a good pre season IMO. But with Ramsey backed for next season I would expect Wilshere to play a bit less games as he played so many this season, you could say to much for his age.

KY

Established Member
Why are worried about this situation? Take a look at the appearances of our first teamers:

Cesc 29+7
Wilshere 44+5
Song 33+5
Rosicky 19+15
Diaby 17+3
Denilson 20+12
Ramsey 5+3

Those numbers are pretty wide of a healthy situation if you ask me. Wilshere at 19 playing 49 games? Even Cesc with his injury situation this season played 36. Rotation is evidently something that is still missing. At Wilshere and Ramsey's age next season, I'll be happier if they play something around 30-40 games each (total including subs) which is easily attainable, especially if even deadwood like Den gets 32 and permacrock Diaby gets 20.

Surely we don't expect them both to be in the starting 11 EVERY game??

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Whoever is the better of the two will get to start. Either way, Arsenal would be the winner.Given that one of those two will be first change for two spots, both will get enough games if fit.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom