• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Ramsey keep Wilshere out next season?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I cant see Ramsey getting one over Wilshere next year to be honest Ramsey has showed some great potentional but Wilshere has the better of him cause of his peformances this year, specially against the so called best footballing team in the world. Ramsey will do a favour but he will not take Wilshere out of the first eleven.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Ramsey only started at the Emirates for the first time in over 14 months against United. Give him a full pre season and he'll be flying.

Freagle

Ramsey & Wilshere are both exceptional talents. However, if you are to choose who starts then it has to be Wilshere. He has played the most this season and will no doubt feature next season especially since he isn't playing for the u21's.

I highly rate Ramsey as well and I would love to see him start but this is the way football is, we need players to fight for their spot, challenge within the team. We should be very happy to have Cesc, Wilshere and Ramsey as it will only result in all of them performing above expectations. This season Rambo was injured for the majority of it and Cesc only had 22 apperances in the league. Next season when all are fit, I believe it is going to be one hell of a fight. Of course, Cesc is our captain and will start every game but then again you never know what might happen.

The ONLY thing I am worried about is Ramsey on the wings (Fulham game). That I would not like to see.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I hope they can both fight it for that position, so Wenger can rotate properly between Cesc, Nasri, Wislehere and Ramsey. Have some quality depth on central midfield instead of rubbish like Denilson, Rosicky and Diaby to some extent.

It's no wonder that we lost steam on latter part of season, because Jack, Song and Nasri were burned to the ground because of lack of proper backup players.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Jack obviously.

Ramsey has not yet shown the consistency needed to start for us, his overall game is still very raw, he's sloppy at times and is not as comfortable as Jack in the hectic midfield area. But he does have the advantage of being more potent in the final third which will make him a useful squad player next season. Ramsey still has it all to do for me.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I remember people scratching their heads when Wilshere started at Anfield in central midfield on the first day of the season. Nothing is set in stone. Besides, if we are reasonably successfull, they can both play a significant number of games each.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Yeh Wilshere's first game was a tough one, Mascherano gave him no space whatsoever.

Both will play together, Wilshere is the first teamer though, Rambo still has to get into the team.

CandysRoom

Established Member
It's Wilshere's spot to lose at the moment. Having said that, a little rotation between players won't hurt the team.

We've been overly reliant on a fairly rigid starting 11 for too long. Let's get a competitive squad situation going. It can only be good for the club!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
No he will not! Theres no reason for Wilshere to fall behind Rasey in the pecking order. The question is with Song, Diaby, Cesc, Wilshere and Ramsey will we buy the CM that we so desperately need?

In two years time it will be hard to keep both players happy with a squad role as we are talking about the Wales captain and probably and England regular but for now both should be happy with rotation roles.

sabret00the

Established Member
The wrong question is being asked here. Is Ramsey going to keep our most consistent player this season out of the starting eleven? No! Can Jack gift Ramsey his starting place in much the same manner that Denilson rolled over and gifted his place away? Yup he sure can. But let's be honest, based on this season, there's far more question-marks over both Song and Fabregas's right to start.

Shue

Established Member
Denilson never consistently performed anywhere near the level Wilshere has shown. Nowhere near the tenacity and passion either.

a_fourteen

Established Member
ramsey is more of an attacking threat than wilshere. if we put two traditional wingers in the midfield, Arsène may feel the need to play two AMs behind a lone striker. in which case ramsey MAY get the nod ahead of wilshere.

---------------rvp
winger---Ramsey---Cesc---Winger
--------------Song

ebouenolike

Established Member
@Chuks_Aneke
Chuks Aneke
Ramsey bossed that game #ClassPlayer

Rambo looked v good and got a decent goal vs Northern Ireland. Might've got injured at the end though, looked like he was struggling.

One thing's for sure, he's going to be aiming to start every game, he's that good.

EDIT: Here's his goal from tonight <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuH_dnHph0&feature=share" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuH_dnH ... ture=share</a>

banduan

Established Member
Number one thing I want Ramsey to do: stop being a defensive liability.

He sorts that out, he'd be awesome. More awesome than Jack I dare say.

number_0

Established Member
I don't think our player of the season is worried about being kept out of the team by a 20 year old who couldn't string 3 consistent good games together in his career.

Not a dig on rambo, but he has to pull something colossally beyond the extraordinary if he wishes not only to match wilshere, but to suppress him too.

The season is long, and games are plentiful, the usual injuries will take their tolls and I am sure cesc, ramsey and jack will play 120 games between the 3 of them or something.

Anzac

Established Member
IMO this current pyramid midfield shape (& moreso the AMC playmaker role) makes it difficult to get the team selection & rotation options balanced. In this regard I'd rather we went back to a genuine midfield 3 with 2 going forward & 1 holding.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom