• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Rosicky ever beat the injuries?

Del Boy

Established Member
I really have my doubts if he will ever stay fit for a long period of time again.
I have just read he has been ruled out of the NLD with a knee injury, which comes a week after he was rated 50-50 for the West Ham game. I'm taking a guess that he was injured in training because he showed no signs of injury in any of his matches as far as I'm aware. It is a very worrying time, as we don't know if this will be days,weeks even months.

What is even more worrying is the fact, he just cannot stay fit for a prolonged period of time. He is no doubt a brilliant player but in the last few years we have had only a handful of glimpses of him perform to that level. His contract is up in the summer, it is not ridiculous to think that one more injury could finish him off.

I'll probably be slated for it, but I really am sick to the teeth of seeing the headline Rosicky is injured. I have never really taken to him like some people have, he has not done enough in an Arsenal jersey or played enough for me to do so. I hope he beats his injuries but I have serious doubts he will, I think it is time we either look at the likes of Merida/Wilshere to step up and play more games or we look at alternatives in the transfer market.

It is bad enough to have Walcott plagued by injuries, we cannot afford to have two of our main attacking players persistently injured.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
I must admit, I really thought he had finally beaten the injuries when he made his return after 18 months out. But clearly his body just wasn't made for football. It really is a crying shame. More than enough talent to start for most of the world's top clubs, but his body won't allow it.

Kain

Established Member
Dont want to sound harsh but I've not even bothered to check what exactly is keeping him out this time, has he got a recurring injury now or is it different injuries, the legendary 'slight knock'?

Cesc played amazing when Rosicky was availiable, crying shame he doesn't appear to of beat these demons just yet.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
on the main site...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/30260/injury-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... njury-news</a>

“Also Wilshere (ankle), Walcott (knee), Denilson (back) and Rosicky (knee) will not be back for the game at the weekend. But we did not lose any players from last night.”

Del Boy

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Silly question. He's never beaten the injuries and he never will.
If you read my post, you will see that I think if he will never get over the injuries then we might as well cut our losses and look elsewhere.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I hope so, but first I want to know more about this one.

Hypothetically, if he were basically to be out for the rest of the season, then, yeah, it would be time to move on.

Rocafella

Established Member
I know. I was simply answering your thread title. I too, feel we should cut our losses on Rosicky. He's not getting any younger and I was never convinced he would cut out the injuries, the same way Michael Owen won't be able to overcome them. I believe Nasri will take his place in the team anyway and was bought in the first place to do so. It's not that I think Rosicky isn't a great player, but when you weigh his ability against his injury record, for me there is no comparison and we should move on.

True Gooner

Established Member
I'm giving him till Christmas to sort himself out. If he can't get over these little niggles by then I think it would be best to move him to a slower league.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Well even if he doesnt play again for us this season he's done one thing -made us and hopefully Wenger realise just how much room for improvement there is in our midfield by having a mature and skilled player like him in there instead of you know who (x3)

TomasCR

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Well even if he doesnt play again for us this season he's done one thing -made us and hopefully Wenger realise just how much room for improvement there is in our midfield by having a mature and skilled player like him in there instead of you know who (x3)
This.

True Gooner said:
I'm giving him till Christmas to sort himself out. If he can't get over these little niggles by then I think it would be best to move him to a slower league.
And this.

alboots101

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
I hope so, but first I want to know more about this one.

Hypothetically, if he were basically to be out for the rest of the season, then, yeah, it would be time to move on.

if we`re doing the..."and this" thingy.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He was always going to struggle for fitness this season, having been out for so long. Same goes with Eduardo. I understand that it might be hard, but people need to have patience. IF ut turns out that Rosicky can't play more this season then it's probably fair to say that he's done. If he's back within a week or two then it's obviously just one of those expected niggling injuries.

Walcott's brand new injury had nothing to do with being injury prone, for the record.

Del Boy

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Walcott's brand new injury had nothing to do with being injury prone, for the record.

3 medium-long term injuries in the last year are pretty worrying though.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Absolutely. I blame Stuart Pearce for now, though. It's nice and comfy that way. All those injuries do raise some questions over Walcott's ability to stay fit in the longer term, but being picked and mistreated by the U21 team surely doesn't help. The lad has had very little time to rest lately too (no, being injured doesn't count as "getting a rest").

Lord Dula

Established Member
Along with Rosicky there are a few players who I wonder what they'll do come the end of the season.

I'm finkin Eduardo, Cesc, Fran, Gallas, Vela - would start a thread on end of season situations but i'd get a right old ear bashing despite me bringing everyone wonderful giant spoonfuls of lol cream every day

Alfonso

Established Member
How many games has he played since his return? 8? I think that is ok considering he was out for 18 months. Yes, its annoying that he is injured again and with him you always have to worry about 'how long' but you have to say he did really well playing in consecutive games upon his return.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom