• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Rosicky ever beat the injuries?

MAK 14

Established Member
Hopefully, when Rosicky is over this injury (providing it is "short term" like Wenger said) he will be able to stay fit until at least December/January. I expected him to be out shortly after he just came back - you can't honestly expect him to go the whole season without a niggle when you've been out for 18 months. But, by the end of the season, if he's not over his injury problems; i think it's best for both him himself and the club that he moves on.

Raider

Established Member
USArsenal said:
on the main site...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/30260/injury-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... njury-news</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“Also Wilshere (ankle), Walcott (knee), Denilson (back) and Rosicky (knee) will not be back for the game at the weekend. But we did not lose any players from last night.”

Yes we did, we lost Fabianksi.

TomasCR

Established Member
floating said:
Remember when Robin van Persie was injury prone? :lol:
Not funny actually. RvP kept getting these niggles all the time, he couldn't stay fit for a longer period of time. But you see, he has overcome it, is fresh and free from injuries now (wood touched).

In other words, everyone expected Rosicky to get injured soon after having been out for such a long time but as soon as the injury came, everyone is upset about it. If it's not because everyone knows what an influence upon the team he has. Feel sorry for him.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Alfonso said:
How many games has he played since his return? 8? I think that is ok considering he was out for 18 months. Yes, its annoying that he is injured again and with him you always have to worry about 'how long' but you have to say he did really well playing in consecutive games upon his return.

Exactly. If anything he has done really well to stay fit after the last 18 months. Remember Eduardo? He could hardly complete 45 minutes at the end of last season and even now is still often missing games. Unless he picks up another long term injury, we shouldn't be looking for replacements just yet.

jackycreegs

Raider said:
USArsenal said:
on the main site...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/30260/injury-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... njury-news</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“Also Wilshere (ankle), Walcott (knee), Denilson (back) and Rosicky (knee) will not be back for the game at the weekend. But we did not lose any players from last night.”

Yes we did, we lost Fabianksi.

Yeah, I thought that. But it presumably means he wasn't considering him for the first team.

Any chance of Rosicky accepting a largely pay-as-you-play deal like Owen supposedly has at United. I guess it depends on what else he's offered. Would be a real shame to have to let him go. The guy's pure class.

qs

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
He was always going to struggle for fitness this season, having been out for so long. Same goes with Eduardo. I understand that it might be hard, but people need to have patience. IF ut turns out that Rosicky can't play more this season then it's probably fair to say that he's done. If he's back within a week or two then it's obviously just one of those expected niggling injuries.

Pretty much.

kamikaze80

Established Member
where are the kneejerkers who wanted rosicky signed up asap? it's always best to take a longer-term view and wait and see what he can actually produce before jumping to conclusions.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

To be expected that he will have a few niggles . Hope he is back next week.

Timleaf

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
where are the kneejerkers who wanted rosicky signed up asap? it's always best to take a longer-term view and wait and see what he can actually produce before jumping to conclusions.

Agreed. And on that subject, where are the people that swore blind he'd never play for us again?

:p

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Timleaf said:
kamikaze80 said:

Agreed. And on that subject, where are the people that swore blind he'd never play for us again?

lets not get ahead of ourselves now.. he has featured in 5 games, has yet to complete a full game and is now injured again..

8))

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He's featured in 7 games, actually. 10 if you count the national team as well.

Anyhow, of course we should sign him up for another year at the very least. Unless this most recent injury really is of the career threatening kind, which pretty much nothing has indicated so far.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, if you count the CL games, but he was only a starter in 4 of those games..

i hope its only a slight knock, but being 50/50 for WHU, and all of a sudden a week later he's definitely out is frustrating as the club NEVER tells us what is "really" wrong

CKD39

Established Member
Walcott's 2 previous injuries are self inflicted due to he and Psycho's open defiance of Arsène Wenger's wishes. How much did we even pay for this speed merchant?

As for Rosicky? No.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
We need him for two to three years. By that time, we'll have a number of players maturing and we can afford to let him go.

Actually, Rosicky and Arshavin are in a fantastic age to do their best for the club and then bow out when the youngsters step up.

Of course, the injury factor has to be taken into consideration in Rosicky's case. But, he's a quality player. If there is any chance that he can play games(even if he plays only once a week), he needs to be kept.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Timleaf said:
kamikaze80 said:

still here

TomasCR

Established Member
By the way, the most watched television program in our country apparently sent to "our" club reporters to ask what was going on with Rosicky. They got their answer, Wenger told them something along these lines: "Rosicky is one of the players that have short term injury problems but we believe we could have him available for the game on Wednesday or for the next weekend."

Hard to say as I was just drinking my 4th beer but that's what I heard anyway, you decide!

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom