• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will RVP handle the abuse?

AxlGunners

Sorry if this topic has been previously done.

RVP is clearly a man with a short fuse, with his own fans attacking him at a reserve game and all. He seems likely to receive abuse from opposing fans cos of the alleged rape(many who i know really dislike him).
Do you think he will be able to control himself?
Will Wenger wait till later to reintroduce him?

Aussie

Established Member
Up to the Arsenal fans i suppose. He's going to cop mainly against united, Sp**s etc just have to make sure he can hear his name being chanted loud and proud by the Arsenal fans.

He can handle it.

A

Anonymous

Overall he should get over it, if not by the pleasure of the fans cheering.. then by the big fat pay check..

Or it could just be a guilty conscience.

*Chuckle* :eek:ops:

dev_atdi

For God's sake, abuse from his OWN fans? Give the guy a break. He's here to play football, leave his private matters out of things.

Aussie

Established Member
Nobody said anything about being abused by Arsenal fans. Its opposing fans we are talking about.

invisibleman18

Established Member
To be fair to AxlGunners, i think the incident being referred to was the one when RVP was still playing in Holland and there was some kind of scuffle involving him and some fans after a match.

ccc

I think "own fans" refers to Feynoord fans because many feynoord fans dislike him, but I didn't see it happened at highburym and it won't be for sure.

baccy_man

Established Member
from what i have read rvp will not be playing in the amsterdam tournerment his first match is supposed to be against beveren

yonatan

Yes, what's your point?

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear from the Dutch gooners about this stuff. I don't remember him being attacked by his own fans in a reserve game, however I do remember him being attacked by Ajax fans who are crazy maniacs in some game.

dbergyisnumerouno

i do hope he can cope and i am sure the ManUres will definitely have a go at him. If he is innocent, he shd come out stronger from this incident and prove everyone wrong.

dont get me wrong here, i am a 110% arsenal fans, it is unfortunate that rvp shd get himself involved in this sort of matter after coming out stronger from the southampton situation, sometimes u just cant help wondering (he does seem to have a "bad boy" background). i for one do not wish to have a player with such a "record" in our team, and he is such a big talent too. it will be such a shame. i truly hope with all my heart that the he will be proven innocent and play great football for us. if he is guilty, i hope too he will turn over a new leaf and become a better man. :?

Jkreffer

Established Member
Obviously I hope he recovers from this if he is found innocent. However, this won't be like regaining confidence after a couple of bad games, or missing a penalty. A much bigger issure is at stake. Primarily, no one hear knows if he did it or not truthfully. We are fans and will support him, but away from football this is a serious issue and if he wasn't an Arsenal player would we not be accusing him as people did with Dickov, Gillespie etc? Obviously I believe he is innocent, but the way football works like that, you have to expect other fans to give Robin abuse about this.
If proven innocent though he seems more than capable of recovering as he has shown he is a confident boy with a strong (but sometimes erratic) head.
In the long run im sure he will be proven innocent and use this experience to become a stronger person and ultimately a better player.

arsenal4life

i think someone who cope with the jail itself for two weeks
and previously Ajax fans who could almost kill him

can sure cope well with chants

Phil

Clayton Blackmore suffered a similar fate.

Twil be ok, once the season starts, there will be all sorts of crap for opposing fans to latch onto. The more abuse our players are getting, the more they fear us.

Phil

Clayton Blackmore suffered a similar fate.

Twil be ok, once the season starts, there will be all sorts of crap for opposing fans to latch onto. The more abuse our players are getting, the more they fear us.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Yes, don't worry he can cope with that. He never had a problem coping with it in Holland (for example v Ajax away). Actually, I think, he is the type of the player, who gets extra motivation from it and uses it to raise his game.

he will play well and score 20+ goals this season, marks my words.

Mark

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
Yes, don't worry he can cope with that. He never had a problem coping with it in Holland (for example v Ajax away). Actually, I think, he is the type of the player, who gets extra motivation from it and uses it to raise his game.

he will play well and score 20+ goals this season, marks my words.

I agree. He just naturally seems that kind of guy. I think the supporters can taunt them at their peril. I think it'll spur him on.

RobinVanPersie

Yes he's been abbused by the Feyenoordsupporters a couple of times. The first time was after the trainer put him out of the selection, the second time when there was a story that he asked the club for a Audi TT, the third time was when he didn't want to prolong his career at Feyenoord because he asked for more money and Feyenoord didn't want to pay that and the last time was when he said that he want to leave Feyenoord because Feyenoord didn't treat him right.

Some people are angry at him because he's arrogant (they believe Feyenoord's story), some people are angry at Feyenoord because they think that Feyenoord didn't treat him right (They believe Robin's story)

I think that Robin is not the most easy guy but if you care for him like Wenger, de Haan (manager of Holland under 20 and under 21) and van Basten, he show you the best he can. There was a little story about him where someone describe his personality. Maybe I translate it sometime but it was exactly what I think about him.

But Robin is not inpressed by the supporters from the opponent if he's mentally strong enough. If everyone stands behind him, screams his name and let him know that we are on his side...he will handle the situation.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
He is gonna get ****e from the opposing fans that's just par for the course, I just hope he doesn't react and let himself down. I HOPE he can take it. :D

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom