• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will RVP handle the abuse?

RobinVanPersie

I have plenty of time so this is the little story about his personality. It's from a Dutch soccermagazine, 'Johan'

Sense and Faith are keywords for him. He’s like a timid, magnificent animal. A hind who is difficult to approach and certainly not let control other persons over himself. If you approach him too straight, limit his space or trying to control him, he will be surly. Venemous ,even aggressive. He tend to limitless than and recalicitrant behaviour. Eventually he throw his own and others glasses in. But if you win his trust and doesn’t shame it, you are a welcome guest in his kingdom. Surely if you praise him public. He answers than with pure love and performance on the field.

Bouchra

1970*Gooner said:
He is gonna get s***e from the opposing fans that's just par for the course, I just hope he doesn't react and let himself down. I HOPE he can take it. :D
Well, he always gets booed and stuff when he plays in Holland.. Against Ajax at the AT, and against PSV, remember when he had to leave the field injured on a stretcher and the crowd began to cheer?
He is used to it, even his own fans at Feyenoord did it sometimes. I don't think he even hears it anymore.

ccc

it seems he has infantile autism base on your description, though, not severly.

and I also remember, one of his ex-teammate said he was living in his own world.

Kenyonhater

Sounds like an interesting and complex character. I remember reading he had a very unusual upbringing. I think it could go either way, which is a worry. I'm given hope, though, by the way he responded to the Southampton sending-off. If anyone can get the best out of him as a player and improve him as a man, it's Wenger. Doesn't hurt having Dennis there for another season, either. I sincerely hope it works out well because he's blessed with a supreme talent.
You can bet our rivals are envious and a little worried. And that's why he'll get so much abuse. They'll want to destroy him because they fear his talent. The fans will be vile but I can just see Keane or Neville having a nasty little word in his ear, can't you? If they do and he doesn't retaliate verbally or physically, we could have some player on our hands.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Kenyonhater said:
Sounds like an interesting and complex character. I remember reading he had a very unusual upbringing. I think it could go either way, which is a worry. I'm given hope, though, by the way he responded to the Southampton sending-off. If anyone can get the best out of him as a player and improve him as a man, it's Wenger. Doesn't hurt having Dennis there for another season, either. I sincerely hope it works out well because he's blessed with a supreme talent.
You can bet our rivals are envious and a little worried. And that's why he'll get so much abuse. They'll want to destroy him because they fear his talent. The fans will be vile but I can just see Keane or Neville having a nasty little word in his ear, can't you? If they do and he doesn't retaliate verbally or physically, we could have some player on our hands.

Thats exactly how I feel this lad has some talent, just hope the clogers of the Manure, Bolton and Blackburn don't go out to kick him off the park. :wink:

RobinVanPersie

ccc said:

and I also remember, one of his ex-teammate said he was living in his own world.

He has ADHD, people with ADHD also show sometimes autismbehaviour

Mark

Established Member
RobinVanPersie said:
ccc said:

He has ADHD, people with ADHD also show sometimes autismbehaviour

That would explain him randomly getting Alan Smith in a headlock in last season's Community Shield...

RobinVanPersie

Kenyonhater said:

It's also important that the captain let him see that the team stands behind him. I was yesterday by the match between Feyenoord and Hertha BSC, Kalou misses a chance and the whole crowd started to yell at him. Kuijt (Captain) was almost at the other side of the field but he walked to Kalou, put his arm around his shoulder and said some nice things to him. It's not the same situation as with Robin maybe, but It was a beautiful example that show how important it is when the captain show you some faith.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom