• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Silvestre ever play again?

Unforgiven

Established Member
Will Silvestre ever play again for us?

For the rest of this season?

Surely if one of our current CBs left (e.g Toure maybe) at the end of this season then I would expect we would replace them with a good CB.

I just realized the other day that he has been out from injury for weeks. But I honestly cannot see him playing a game for us ever again. Especially when Gibbs looks extremely promising playing lb.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I felt that Silvestre was a stop-gap-solution, the kind people were requesting a lot of in midfield. I don't really think he's been that bad though, just average mostly. It's easy to forget how well he did against United, for example, and most of the Sp**s game where he even scored. His undoing is the emergence of Djourou. There's no way he's ranked any higher than fourth choice as a centreback right now and Gibbs is impressing at the leftback every game. Tweety's a decent cover player, but he probably won't get many games between now and next summer when his contract ends.

Unforgiven

Established Member
The only use of a 4th Cb for me is if he is a upcoming youngster who will be used by the club in a few years. Silvestre obviously has no future, when toure, Gallas and Djourou are all fighting for places.

At least we will have some experience on our bench.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I think it could still be of some use to keep him around a while longer if the third choice centreback is an up-and-coming youngster, as is the case right now with Djourou. For what it's worth he's better than Nordtveit and Song. I doubt that he's much better than Senderos, but that begs the question: would Phil be interested in staying at Arsenal as a fourth choice centreback? Probably not.

TomasCR

Established Member
Jesus no, is he still an Arsenal player? **** Silvestre.

You better hope you´ve just not jinxed it Unforgiven, otherwise you´ll be demoted as quickly as you´ve been promoted. ;)

Don´t want to see him nowhere near the team again.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
In an ideal world - that is, barring injuries, suspensions, and extreme loss of form - hopefully no.

I agree that Gibbs has shown enough to be considered for LB if needed and, again, hopefully he won't be too often.

I'll be stunned if Silvestre's with us next year.

tam1886

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
In an ideal world - that is, barring injuries, suspensions, and extreme loss of form - hopefully no.
I'd play an injured player who has lost his form and is suspended before I'd play Silvestre. Infact I'd play a scarecrow before I'd play Silvestre.

kamikaze80

Established Member
silvestre is atrocious. it's a disgrace that he ever wore our shirt. and wenger gave him a 2 yr contract, didnt he? while gilberto was let go like he was some useless artifact?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Two years was indeed what was reported. Surely there's some way to get out of it or get him out. Maybe he's being groomed for a coaching gig.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
He will never be worshipped as much as Pascal "Zinedine" Cygan.
I still don't understand why we bought such a injury prone and average United reject, he's been going downhill for a while now.

TomasCR

Established Member
And I still don´t understand how Wenger could buy a player Fergie didn´t count with. Already the fact that a club we should fight at the top of the table with don´t want the player and we buy him? And they sell him to us? They wouldn´t have done it had they known he could help us somehow. What´s the point? How much we paid for him? 2m? Disgrace, really.

The most useless signing I´ve seen in a while.

kamikaze80

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Two years was indeed what was reported. Surely there's some way to get out of it or get him out. Maybe he's being groomed for a coaching gig.
it's insane. i'll bet gilberto would've made a better emergency CB than silvestre, as well.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
**** that Man U **** Silvester. He can go ahead and shove his big head down his arse. The further he is from the pitch the better.

I don't want to see him on the pitch, I don't want to see him on the bench, I don't want to see him at all.

He can **** right back off to Man U.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Gotta love the attitude around here sometimes. People have been calling for stopgap players the whole season in midfield, but when we have one in central defence all of a sudden it's about blocking the kids' progress. Silvestre's good for what he is: a fourth choice centreback who won't play much, won't moan about not playing much but who's able to bring some experience onto the field if and when he is getting a game. He costed nothing and is a better spare choice than Nordtveit. End of.

qs

Established Member
When we say we want stop gap players we aren't calling for Robbie Savage or Nicky Butt though.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Well, yeah. I don't care for Silvestre either. In fact, I hate that an ex-United **** is a part of our squad.

That said, he's done okay when he's been playing as a centreback. Especially in the game against United. Plus, nobody who scores against Sp**s is a disgrace.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
I don't think anyone was asking for the ever so big headed ****. Hes useless. Hes shown that for us on the pitch already.

banduan

Established Member
I'd support him more if he was actually that good. He's not even as good as Djorou, heck Senderos is miles better.

kamikaze80

Established Member
klaus, gilberto couldve played the stopgap 4th choice CB role. he's far more athletic and better on the ball than silvestre, who is nothing more than a walking disaster.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom