• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will the new stadium be the end of our crowd problems?

As much as Arsenal fans want to deny it Highbury is ****ing quiet. It's a fact.

Our chants are boring and repetitive. They last for about 30 seconds. The crowd only really sings at the beggining of each half or for a little bit after a goal is scored by us. When we are down thats when we should back them up and start singing the most but they don't.

I could go on for ages. But now the Emirates stadium is soon to bless us (and I get through on the Ticket registration scheme!!!). So with more people in the crowd does this mean that there will be more noise? And when there is more noise more people will join in. Also it will intimidate the away teams (one of the reasons Man Utd are so good at Old Trafford)

OR

Will a larger stadium attract more plastic fans and spread out the real fans resulting in an even quieter stadium because the singers will be spread out (if that makes sense to you).

Discuss

Gooner_IL

Let"s put Arsenal"s support in perspective and look at the facts and compare to other teams. We have a 38000 capicity at Highbury at the begining of every season there is a general sale of tickets for league games reason given alot of peope are on there summer holidayswhat 22000 of them!!!!!!!! Nearly all F.A Cup games do not sell out. We will sell out against the ****, chelski, manure and the scousers + any other big games that will crop up over a season. Arsenal is expensive and they have no intention of reducing prices at the Emirates stadium. When we played our Champions League games at Wembley they reduced the prices to a tenner to sell out. All over the country it is cheaper to watch football than in London so they can sell tickets a bit easier but except manure hardly anybody sells out every week. Now if we stay successfull we will be ok any dip in form and we will be up sh*ts creek. I hope I am wrong and you all dig this piece up in a couple of years and laugh at me. Not the first season at the Emirates but the second onwards is the test as the first one is the novelty of a new stadium.

Allyboy

Established Member
The only reason those tickets went on general sale at the start of the season was because Arsenal.com screwed up and forgot to tell red members they were on sale to them!

We will sell it out most games, we may have to put some on general sale to do so but we will sell most if not all league and champions league games.

FA Cup matches will depend on who we face, but Carling Cup matches the stadium will likely be half empty.

When I say "sell out" I am meaning our allocation, of course the opposition may not sell out against them.

As long as we are challenging for the league we will be able to fill the place, im not sure what basis people are saying we will not be able to sell less prestigious matches out because if you take our the first two games of the season where Arsenal screwed up, EVERY league game has sold out to all level of members and even matches like West Brom and Pompey have sold out to JUST the Silver members!

I admit our support does leave a lot to be desire but at times it is made out on here that we are the worst in the league, you think we are bad then look at Chelsea who in their best season EVER cannot sell out half their games!!

Alexone234

The problem with highbury is that the same old gits go week in week out and have been for years. They have become comfortabl watching the side.
With the new stadium there will be lots of fans who appreciate their tickets, sing, cheer and generally enjoy their day.

Tell you what i think would be a great idea to get fans singing. Making little booklets with the words to songs and handing them out at the entrance (basically forcing fans to take them. Becuase 1 reason a lot of fans don't sing is because they are not regulars and they don't know the words to songs. Some songs it's hard to know what people are saying. It's only when you find out what they're saying you join in.

@Gooner IL to be honest I agree with 0% of what you say there

Allyboy

Established Member
Redaction actually had song sheets at the Man City game last year.

The problem with that is that they can only include "clean" songs, no calling Martin Jol's mother a WHOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE for example :wink:

I have started to pick the words up through going to away games but what they should consider is having a singing section like they did in the North Bank Lower for the Carling Cup game. Of course that was very easy to organise but I think it still could be done.

We will not know about the atmosphere until we finally moved, but as long as we are challenging for honours and prices to not go up too much (which is a big if!) we will sell it out, im condfident.

JGooner

I've made my views on singing known before and it wasn't popular. Basically, I think it's pretty stupid. I enjoy WATCHING football matches, appreciating the play. Jumping up and down and shouting may create "atmosphere" but it's also a distraction from actually savouring the the beautiful game. When I eventually get my season ticket, I'm going to get me a nice comfy seat up in the top tier, lie back with my prawn sandwiches, and actually look at what is happening on the pitch, instead of treating it like a party. Feel free to disdain me!

As regards filling the ground, I hope to God that Ally is right. If we don't fill it regularly, we're going to look like idiots. One solution may be to increase the number of season tickets - only 13,000 of the extra 22,000 capacity will be given as season tickets, but there are loads more on the list (I'm 16,042). Why not just increase the the season ticket allocation? Of course this means fewer general sale tickets, but as long as the ground is full, who cares?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Carling Cup games are gonna be terrible at the new stadium unless AW rethinks his selection policy, or tickets are made even cheaper than they are currently.

Even now, with Highbury tickets at a premium, we still struggle to get even 30,000 for the Carling Cup- what's it gonna be like when Premiership tickets are more easily obtainable and people don't feel the need to go to Carling Cup matches?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
JGooner said:
Why not just increase the the season ticket allocation? Of course this means fewer general sale tickets, but as long as the ground is full, who cares?

Because if everyone on that list thinks like you the ground will resemble a morgue. :wink:

In an age where our manager, captain, star striker and numerous other members of the first team squad are calling for more vocal support, your views are staggering. But you're entitled to them.

KingReyes

Established Member
The purpose of moving into the new stadium is to get more people in therefore more money. i don't think the club is too concerned whether we well out or if its a good atmosphere. I read somewhere and maybe Allyboy or someone else can confirm that if we get around the 40,000 mark in the new stadium we will make a lot of money even as much as the mancs make in 1 game or something like that.

Anyways I also think there will be games where we won't sell out, we will sell out the big games like Man u etc and the chances are we'll get good crowds for the likes of WBA, Norwich etc (50,000 - 55,000 etc) but games in the FA Cup and Carling Cup will all depend on who's the opposition.

Also the prices will decide the amount of times we sell out, if the club thinks they can continue to increase prices then they are really out of their minds. There must be some sort of category thing for example games against the Mancs, Chelsea etc are a certain price and other games are another.

As Gooner_IL said Wembley sold out because people were offered good prices and more than 1 or 2 tickets and its likely they will have to do the same at the new one. However with the debt so big they might have to stick to charging high prices. i read somewhere that certain games will cost people 75 quid!!

Allyboy

Established Member
Yes, at our prices 40,000 will break even on the stadium apparently.

The fact is, people will pay the prices they are charging at the moment, they already do!

Even if they go up, a lot of people will still pay them if we are doing well. In fact, even if we are not some people will still pay because Arsenal is a way of life for them.

Anyway we will just have to wait and see what happens, but I still think it is an exciting time for us, lets hope the move lives up to our hopes and expectations.

Also, may I add that I feel this new stadium will help us do better in the Champions league. The teams all over Europe have huge stadiums. then they come to Highbury and laugh. Hopefully the stadium will give our team more enthusiasm and scare the other team (like i said earlier this is the reason man Utd do so well at home).

Tony Montana

Established Member
The fear factor at Man U is going down though. Hopefully the atmosphere at the new Arsenal stadium will be a whole lot better. The thing is, clubs like Bolton and Blackburn don't sell out their stadiums but Bolton do quite well actually. Plus, even though i ain't a member at Arsenal, i might be easier to be one or at least get a ticket at Ashburton Grove. But won't the tickest actually be a bit cheaper coz of the increased capacity? How much is a ticket for a Man U game or an average premiership game?

Gooner_IL

Lyrical_Gooner said:
Also, may I add that I feel this new stadium will help us do better in the Champions league. The teams all over Europe have huge stadiums. then they come to Highbury and laugh. Hopefully the stadium will give our team more enthusiasm and scare the other team (like i said earlier this is the reason man Utd do so well at home).

You might agree with me 0% but at least I can back my arguments what the hell has Old Trafford got to do with winning the Champions league and being good at home, and being laughed at in Europe, they won the thing last time 6 years ago!!!!!!!!! last year Monaco got to the final and they really play in a gigantic stadium!!!!!!! Wembley was not big enough for you? What is more frightning is the amount of un sucess teams have when they move stadiums, the only good thing is that Boro won there first trophy last season to break the jinx and all the other teams that have moved were never very good anyway.

Gooner_IL said:
Lyrical_Gooner said:

You might agree with me 0% but at least I can back my arguments what the hell has Old Trafford got to do with winning the Champions league and being good at home, and being laughed at in Europe, they won the thing last time 6 years ago!!!!!!!!! last year Monaco got to the final and they really play in a gigantic stadium!!!!!!! Wembley was not big enough for you? What is more frightning is the amount of un sucess teams have when they move stadiums, the only good thing is that Boro won there first trophy last season to break the jinx and all the other teams that have moved were never very good anyway.

lmao don't start hating on me cos I didn't agree with you

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom