• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will the new stadium be the end of our crowd problems?

Gooner_IL

Lyrical_Gooner said:
Gooner_IL said:
Lyrical_Gooner said:
Also, may I add that I feel this new stadium will help us do better in the Champions league. The teams all over Europe have huge stadiums. then they come to Highbury and laugh. Hopefully the stadium will give our team more enthusiasm and scare the other team (like i said earlier this is the reason man Utd do so well at home).

You might agree with me 0% but at least I can back my arguments what the hell has Old Trafford got to do with winning the Champions league and being good at home, and being laughed at in Europe, they won the thing last time 6 years ago!!!!!!!!! last year Monaco got to the final and they really play in a gigantic stadium!!!!!!! Wembley was not big enough for you? What is more frightning is the amount of un sucess teams have when they move stadiums, the only good thing is that Boro won there first trophy last season to break the jinx and all the other teams that have moved were never very good anyway.

lmao don't start hating on me cos I didn't agree with you

No hate but friendly banter, just think first before you come out with outlandish statements.

fuzz

i think people are being a little bleak in the prediction that we won't sell out. I think our season ticket waiting list is 25,000+ and not to mention fans our club and others who just want to come and see a match or two. I think we will sell out epl games, cl games and later stage of fa and cc, but ofcourse some lesser teams and early stages of cup comps may be a little undersubsricbed.

marhes26

JGooner, im sure the lads are pleased you support them with your eyeballs at matches...you make it so intimidating for the opposition team... :roll: ...shame there's another 38,000 like you.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I just cant understand how you can go to the game and be quiet....even when I'm concentrating at what is happening on the pitch i just can't shut up....

I think the new stadium will be packed out - there is no way on earth it wont while we produce the quality we produce.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I think in our first season at Emirates Stadium, we will sell out almost all matches. The same for the away allocation seats. Im sure away fans will want to experience Emirates Stadium, and see what a real stadium should look like. And besides, a ****-load of teams hate Arsenal, and they will revel at the chance to see us losing at home.

But as for us not selling out matches regularly, well, I find that hard to believe. I find it hard to comprehend a team like Arsenal not being able to get their fans into the stadium. Newcastle can bring in 50,000 easy every game. I dont think we'll have a problem.

*Knock on Wood*

Aussie

Established Member
Allyboy said:
Redaction actually had song sheets at the Man City game last year.

The problem with that is that they can only include "clean" songs, no calling Martin Jol's mother a WHOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE for example :wink:
t.

Agreed. As i have always said the more ****s and ****s and just general abusive words the better.

The songsheet was a disgrace. One song in particular about Cole and another about Kolo made me cringe.

Maybe Arsenal-Mania could put something up on the front page asking for Arsenal fans to send in songs. That way they could be abusive and dont have to be "clean"

Chips&CurrySauce

I agree with gunner4eve.. I'm sure the first couple of season the new stadium will be a sell out (with the exception of Carling Cup games) as it will be a novelty factor and loads of fans will want to go and experience the new stadium... After that it will depend on our success.. I feel we will need to be consistently challenging at the top pf the premiership for us to maintain attendancies.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
JGooner said:
I've made my views on singing known before and it wasn't popular. Basically, I think it's pretty stupid. I enjoy WATCHING football matches, appreciating the play. Jumping up and down and shouting may create "atmosphere" but it's also a distraction from actually savouring the the beautiful game. When I eventually get my season ticket, I'm going to get me a nice comfy seat up in the top tier, lie back with my prawn sandwiches, and actually look at what is happening on the pitch, instead of treating it like a party. Feel free to disdain me!

As regards filling the ground, I hope to God that Ally is right. If we don't fill it regularly, we're going to look like idiots. One solution may be to increase the number of season tickets - only 13,000 of the extra 22,000 capacity will be given as season tickets, but there are loads more on the list (I'm 16,042). Why not just increase the the season ticket allocation? Of course this means fewer general sale tickets, but as long as the ground is full, who cares?

Unbelievable.

Anyway, Arsenal have ballsed up totally the ticketing for the new stadium. They had a chance to maybe help create a decent atmosphere, but they havent, putting making even more money at the top of the list.

The new stadium will be worse than Highbury. More yuppies like jgooner, more japanese tourists, more people with digital cameras and world of sport bags etc etc.

I know of loads of people who sit in the Clock End, lads that stand up and support the team who are going to give their ST's up after the first year at AB because it is just too expensive. They will be replaced by even more yuppies. They are instead just go to aways, and watch games in the pub. I might join them.

Money is killing football. It is just not the same game anymore.

Away attendences are on the decline, and it is only going to get worse. £42 for birmingham and charlton?

Aussie

Established Member
Talking about atmosphere i have raised a posibility in the suggestions forum if anyone is intrested.

flash

Some points to savour
1. Arsenal Play the most attractive footabll in th epremier league.
2. There are thousand who are on the list for a season ticket
3. There are thousands who want to get in but can't
4. Whever I've been to games I have hardly seem many empty seats
5. I agree with OneteaminLondon CC matches will be terrible
Sorry no selection policy changes. There is simply no scope for this as we
are involved in too many competetions. The last thing we need is another
season with injury nightmares again
6. Ticket prices are the one thing that worries me.

flash

Some points to savour
1. Arsenal Play the most attractive footabll in the premier league.
2. There are thousands who are on the list for a season ticket
3. There are thousands who want to get in but can't.
4. Whenever I've been to games I have hardly seem many empty seats.
5. I agree with OneteaminLondon CC matches will be terrible:
Sorry no selection policy changes. There is simply no scope for this as we
are involved in too many competetions. The last thing we need is another
season with injury nightmares again
6. Ticket prices are the one thing that worries me.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom