• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will they come good...

Kraig

Established Member
Ok, the idea here is that ive been thinking about Wengers signings, and in most cases, after 2/3 years of settling in they become fan favourites and very good signings.

Main one i can think of most recently is Almunia and hleb. both had slow starts for the club but this season, once they had settled in accoridngly have gone on to be 2 of our best players.

This is also the case with players like Henry, pires, ljungberg, Vieira, petit, clichy etc etc.

Could this also be a sign of things to come. Can we expect theo, denny, abou etc to explode into the players that (most of us) think they can be. Will players like Vela and Merida take a couple of seasons to get used to the league and culture of england. Will players like Lansbury, randall, gibbs all break into the first team and despite being youngsters from the area also need a settling in period.

Main point being that most of Wengers signings eventually come good, and very few (i can only really think of Sagna) settle into the side staright away

just a thought...

Lord Dula

Established Member
Diaby - I have a feeling he'll mature into a very strong, but not great, central midfielder

Denilson - he'll improve but wont reach Cesc levels

Traore - looks like hell be a smashing left back

Senderos - he looks to have reached his maximum. Hi lck of coordination will always trouble him.

Djourou - not sure

Vela- yep he'll be sweet

Bendtner - will be one of the top ten strikers in the world

Song - not convinced

Walcott - he'll improve once he fills out,but wont be world class

Fabianski - could go the almunia route

Kain

Established Member
Is it not going to be quite difficult for both Walcott and Bendtner to develop, in our three main strikers now we have RVP, Ade, Eduardo all 23-24 years old i believe, within two years time all three of them will be playing their best football 'the prime career years' so to speak.

Bendtner will be two years away from challenging the first team and Walcott around three as a striker (im not covinced like most people he'll ever truely settle as a right winger, the kids a striker) I just dont know how both can develop to benefit Arsenal and stay happy and focused when we have so many options, worse case scenario might be two strikers getting injured, another option is playing three upfront 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 but thats not thought of very highly in the premiership and that would mean sacraficing a midfield player.

What do you think, how long can we let bendtner devlope as a player and only leave him on the bench?

LostAndFound

Its unlikely that 2 seasons from now all the mentioned strikers will still be here, with the nature of the transfer market and the agents who use it for plunder :lol:

I fully expect 1 or 2 of that list to move on, but who? I have no idea. It may be Bendtner out of lack of first-team opportunities, Eduardo for the same reason (if RVP ever gets a full season without injuries), Walcott due to the media pressure, Adebayor due to loss of form, RVP due to another injury.... the possibilities are endless.

I like the number of strikers we have. Its good insurance :lol:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Hard to tell. For all we know, out of all the people mentioned only 3 of the might make it big here.
I can see Song, staying here and doing a Flamini :) or Edu, whatever.

Kraig

Established Member
i only thought of it when i saw the almunia thread and how 2 seasons ago we all slated him and wanted him out, and now look. Just wondering if many think that this will be the case with the others in our side.

dutchMasta

I think Vela, Song, Fabianski, Bendtner, Merida and Barazite could all become huge. Not convinced yet with Diaby and Walcott, especially the latter, due to his apparently weak personality.

Anzac

Established Member
If they stay & continue their development with us then IMO they all have the potential to become better than most players in the EPL, & worthy of positions as starters for any club outside the Top 4. Whether that means they'll be good enough for us remains to be seen.

And I like the idea of a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 with attacking players on the flanks - we'd certainly have the options to do so & the 2 formations are not as opposed to each other as the 4-4-2 / 4-5-1. If we stick to the 4-4-2 we'd be better going to a 4-4-1-1 as Plan B, as it would not cause so much disruption to our normal formation, style & roles.

So far as losing a midfielder goes IMO if you used 2 DMs it would be stronger than our current formations in attack.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i shall copy lord dula's style and give my opinions on those various players

Diaby - he will be a good central midfielder, decent enough to start matches for us in future

Denilson - i think he will improve further, but will be behind diaby in the pecking order

Traore - if he can improve his defending, he will be a decent left back, otherwise just let him be a winger

Senderos - with more experience under his belts, he will be a better central defender

Djourou - will be senderos backup

Vela - haven't see him enough, but he is already quite quality. adapts to the epl pace and he is ready to go

Bendtner - not sure about his future with us actually with all the disputes, but if he sorts out everything, he can be a decent striker

Song - centerback is the way to go, but he has been impressive in ANC as well in the middle of the park

Walcott - i think he will be a superb striker

Fabianski - good goalie already, with more experience he can be world class

True Gooner

Established Member
Its really down to the players...cant judge someones potential just by watching a few games as fans..

Look at Flamini, look at Cesc, look at Hleb, look at Gallas..did we really think they would come good?

For the recrd I think all of them will become Premiership players, but it remains to be seen if they will all become Arsenal players...not because I doubt their ability but if they have the patience and the mind-set.

number_0

Established Member
remember that for every cesc, clichey and flamini we produce, they will be a bentley, reyes, jeffers and pennant going the other way.

its all in the players mentality and his hunger for success and improvement, which i think most of our kids have, if anyone is a failure out of the next batch I'd say it will be djourou and troare.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Diaby - I have mixed oppoinins when it comes to Abou, he is good, but he is too often ridiculously bad. I can say more that I surely hope he will come good.

Denilson - He will IMO. Lot of work though, but he will.

Traore - IMO he will never be Clichy good, but then again who is.... ATM he is well well behind Gael

Senderos - He can be Terry style of player. I think he needed 2 seasons in Serie A, but since that didn't and will not happen, we still have to wait and see.

Djourou - not sure, he should, but.....

Vela- Oh, Yeah, no doubt about him.

Bendtner - Lot of work to do but IMO he is amazing talent and he can be really fantastic goal machine

Song - too often too bad IMO.

Walcott - I think he will be abouslutely something we will talk to our grandchildern about, I have a great expactation for Theo.

Fabianski - talent, check, time on his hands, check, place to progress, check, still experience to gain though.

arsmile

Established Member
not that any of us really have any insight into this but why not.....

these are my inklings

Diaby - good

Denilson - quite good

Traore - good

Senderos - ok

Djourou - ok

Vela- great

Bendtner - great

Song - very good

Walcott - ok

Fabianski - ok

Invincible

Established Member
Diaby - Has potential to become a very good midfielder for us.

Denilson - Quality player. Has all the tools needed, might become impatient though.

Traore - Not sure. Shows potential but lacks basic football intelligence.

Senderos - Will become a great CB in a couple of years.

Djourou - Very not sure. Doesn't display good enough defensive capabilities. Might make way.

Vela - Will become one of the world's best in the future.

Bendtner - Very talented, can become world-class. Question marks remain over his attitude.

Song - Will make it at Arsenal, possibly just as a squad player.

Walcott - He'll be a great success story. Has the world at his feet.

Fabianski - Might replace Almunia as the first choice GK, with Mannone serving as his understudy.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Whats brilliant is that we are producing this attractive, winning football but still have so many gears to go up to. This team is yet to benefit from RVP's progression, Eduardo's progression, Theo's progression, Diaby's progression, maybe even Cesc has another gear to go up to. Quite frankly, its frightening how good we can become.

famous no 10

Established Member
Diaby- well, Wenger thinks so, hence his new deal, I'm just not sure he'll be kept out of the squad by others.

Denilson- Hasn't quite pushed on this season, but I think he's an excellent player.

Traore- I don't think so, hope I'm wrong...very young still but just lacks, er, defending ability.

Senderos- Slow burner, our Phil...yeah, I think he'll be ok.

Djourou- no, looked worse than last season at 'brum this year.

Vela- Already getting hyped as the next big thing, looks exciting

Bendtner- I've got a feeling he may leave the club in the summer, but if he stays he's a great prospect.

Song- Looks impressive this year, I think he'll make it with us as a squad player.

Theo- really don't know, pressures already on him really, has the potential to be great.

Fabianski- too early to say.

So out of that list of 10 I can see 4 or 5 that will go on to have great futures with us, which would be a very good return on the outlay...of course under Wenger they ALL have the chance to become much better.

Add to that players like Merida, Barazite etc, , I think we're nicely set up.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
KingReyes said:
patrick42uk said:
By the way, ask yourselves this, in what bracket would you have put Ade this time last season?

Add Flamini to that question :wink:
That's why I found some statements in this thread interesting like Denilson won't reach cesce's level or Senderos has reached the mximum of his potential. I recall just a few days ago people were screaming to offload Diaby or send him on loan. Now the wind of opinions becomes Diaby can be good. If some people were the directors of Barca academy, trust me even a football school packed with Messi, Bojan and cesc will not prosper under this level of faith and judgement.

famous no 10

Established Member
tactica442 said:
KingReyes said:
patrick42uk said:
By the way, ask yourselves this, in what bracket would you have put Ade this time last season?

Add Flamini to that question :wink:
That's why I found some statements in this thread interesting like Denilson won't reach cesce's level or Senderos has reached the mximum of his potential. I recall just a few days ago people were screaming to offload Diaby or send him on loan. Now the wind of opinions becomes Diaby can be good. If some people were the directors of Barca academy, trust me even a football school packed with Messi, Bojan and cesc will not prosper under this level of faith and judgement.

To be fair I don't think all that many of us have changed our opinion, but we're stuck with him now...I trust Arsène which is why I'm willing to believe he can get him up to speed, but even after his recent slightly better games, he just looks way below our other players levels.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom