• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will they come good...

mgrealsmooth

Diaby - There's a lot to improve, but he's got the physical attributes to become good, we'll have to see on him

Denilson - I don't think he'll ever command a starting place

Traore - Will do well to displace Clichy, but will be a brilliant left back

Senderos - If given enough first team football I reckon he could be first team, but his lack of pace will always hinder him

Djourou - Has what it takes, just needs to sort his concentration

Vela- Not seen much, all I've heard is very positive

Bendtner - If he stops the disagreements and focuses on his game, could go well for him.

Song - Surprised me with recent progress, but I'm unconvinced

Walcott - World class forward.

Fabianski - Not a bad 'keeper, not sure how much he'll improve mind

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good thread. As usual it seems to be he players with more natural ability that everyone thinks will come good (and many of them probably will), but I doubt a thread like this 18 months ago would have shown many votes for Flamini, Adebayor, Song and possibly Hoyte too whilst the likes of Lupoli, Quincy and Reyes would have been mooted as being the most likely to develop.

Thats why I'd hold back on writing off the potential any young player at tis club to become a monster player, whilst also resisting the urge to get over-excited about the next kid with a bit of individual skill.

Christofaux

Well this looks like the biggest Football Manager thread ever.

Based on what i have seen this season.

Diaby - Improving every game now, hes turning into a decent left mid, havent seen enough at CM.

Denilson - Looked hot in his first season in the carling cup, this season looked a bit flat. My guess is his future depends on Fabregas.

Traore - Doesnt have anything on Clichy, Erratic, not solid, needs a loan or two or he wont make it.

Senderos - Needs to keep getting first team opportunities.

Djourou - Have not seen much from him this seasn either with us or Brum.

Vela- Havent seen anything of him, from reports could be good, Spain and Engalnd are two very different places but.

Bendtner - Needs to realise he isnt top class yet. If he does this and keeps working at his game he could well make it. Otherwise he will be a good striker in a mid table team.

Song - Could make it at CB, needs game time and perhaps another loan.

Walcott - Needs to go on loan, next season he really, really needs to go on loan, even for just 6 months.

Fabianski - Has not shown me anything to warrant the hype around him. Ordinary in carling cup, the gulf in class of Fabianski this season to Almunia last season is tremendous. Needs 1 season on loan in a championship side and 1 season on loan to a premier league side.

Original_AAA

Recommend soundtrack to this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--cqAI3IUI

Lot's of good points so far. Personally, I'm not sure who will make it. There is no question that all of them can make it, but it will depend on a lot of factors like playing time, personal commitment, playing time etc, so I'm not going to get to deep into the speculations.

bethie

we should make this sticky. that way, we can all have a laugh and maybe eat some pies, or lots of it, in 2 or 3 years time. :lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Diaby - I think he is a good player to have in the reserves, but not as a starter. He lacks the passing ability to be a good attacking midfielder, the defensive ability to be a good defensive midfielder and the speed to be a good winger.

Denilson - Poor man's Cesc. Another good player to have in the reserves, but I doubt he is good enough to be a starter.

Traore - Never rated him highly

Senderos - It's up to him. He has recently regained much confidence and is in good form, but you never know when he will screw up again. If he can go on long periods without turning into Cygan version 2 he might still live up to the potential he showed years ago.

Djourou - Needs to rebuilt his reputation; has been disappointing for Birmingham.

Bendtner - Good player, not so good attitude. I can see him leaving us soon.

Song - I'll eat my hat if he becomes good enough

Walcott - I still think that he's a genie waiting to pop out soon. Like the soccernet article said how far he can go will be up to him.

Fabianski - Inconsistent. There are still question marks over him that he has to remove.

ibby

Established Member
scytheavatar said:
Diaby - I think he is a good player to have in the reserves, but not as a starter. He lacks the passing ability to be a good attacking midfielder, the defensive ability to be a good defensive midfielder and the speed to be a good winger.

Denilson - Poor man's Cesc. Another good player to have in the reserves, but I doubt he is good enough to be a starter.

I don't think either play reserve team football and both are far too good for that.

And Song will come good, believe me.

Anzac

Established Member
They may be too good for Reserve team football, but they aren't good enough to be starters in the 1st 11 as yet - perhaps further candidates for loans............

Alfonso

Established Member
I still think Diaby has the highest ceiling out of all our youngsters. Once he properly matutes as a person and gains more experience he will be on the road to becoming a great player. But pure talent wise he is a monster. Passing and decision making can be learnt and improved upon, some of his outstanding techincal qualities cannot, and thats what I think favourably differentiates him from his counterparts.

mindchnger

Lord Dula said:
Diaby - I have a feeling he'll mature into a very strong, but not great, central midfielder

Denilson - he'll improve but wont reach Cesc levels

Traore - looks like hell be a smashing left back

Senderos - he looks to have reached his maximum. Hi lck of coordination will always trouble him.

Djourou - not sure

Vela- yep he'll be sweet

Bendtner - will be one of the top ten strikers in the world

Song - not convinced

Walcott - he'll improve once he fills out,but wont be world class

Fabianski - could go the almunia route

I would agree with most of what Dula said here, except with Song. I gave him a hard time before because I just didn't think he could hack it. But the truth of the matter is he still is a youngster and he hasn't been playing regularly for our team to really get a good look at him. I've been surprised with the few appearances he's made for us this season, particularly filling in at CB where's he's done a respectable job. Like I said, it's still early to tell but my outlook of him is more positive than it was before.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Why is everyone so sure about Vela? Is everyone here an avid viewer of Spanish La Liga or something?... are you all secretly going to Arsenal-Mania weekends away to 'Salamander' or wherever the hell he is?

Look, I live in Mexico and so have an over hyped sense of the guy for that reason, but ... based on what?

Diaby - OK, will be fine. No biggie. Maybe in CM he will shine.

Denilson - he'll improve but wont reach Cesc levels (same as Lord Dula)

Traore - OK, no biggie.

Senderos - Good defender, will stay with us for a long time I think. Good but not great.

Djourou - I have no idea.

Vela- Tremendous, the bomb, El Chingón (The mutherf*cking best) as we say in these parts . Well according to you lot anyway.

Bendtner - Anelka kinda deal.

Song - Bye bye.

Walcott - Will score about 3 goals a season. Will still be loved here though for some unexplicable reason.

Fabianski - Have not seen enough of him. I have no gut feeling that he will amount to anything. Still, I thought that about Hleb ???

Invincible

Established Member
So you don't expect any of these players to become great then do you Web?

Well I'm surprised. I reckon at least 2 or 3 will make it big from that list. Can't see all of them ending up being just decent with the amount of talent they possess.

As for Vela, you just know he'll be quality. Look at his name, Carlos Vela, has class written all over him. :p

True Gooner

Established Member
Invincible said:
As for Vela, you just know he'll be quality. Look at his name, Carlos Vela, has class written all over him. :p

Yup..hes a legend without even wearing the shirt or even playing in this country..
Not that I think he wont be a star but I think that its really unfair to the rest of our players.
Im sure that if he doest reproduce his Osasuna form when he joins us, people will start doubting him aswell

Also, why so much doubt on the likes of Traore and Fabianski? Their babies for crying out loud..

No offense to the creator of the thread, but these threads keep changing ever 6 months..

Like I said before, its mostly down to drive and determination, the talent is always there in abundance.
For proof, look at Adebayor, Hleb, Flamini etc

Kraig

Established Member
true gooner said:
Invincible said:

Yup..hes a legend without even wearing the shirt or even playing in this country..
Not that I think he wont be a star but I think that its really unfair to the rest of our players.
Im sure that if he doest reproduce his Osasuna form when he joins us, people will start doubting him aswell

Also, why so much doubt on the likes of Traore and Fabianski? Their babies for crying out loud..

No offense to the creator of the thread, but these threads keep changing ever 6 months..

Like I said before, its mostly down to drive and determination, the talent is always there in abundance.
For proof, look at Adebayor, Hleb, Flamini etc

oh i know what youre saying. but as someone else put, will be good to look back on wont it.

best prospects in my opinion currently are: Bendtner, Denilson and Walcott. Lets leave it another 6 months and see where we're at.

phenn

Diaby -Hampered by a refusal to use his left foot for anything. If he sorts that out I think he can eventually become a very good player for us as he's a physical specimen and has shown signs of good vision etc.

Denilson - Tough to say. He'll be at least solid, but he's kind of small and will need Cesc like skills and vision to make it as a great player and overcome his comparative lack of physical gifts to, say, a Diaby or Vieira.

Traore - Completely up in the air. Fantastic athlete, but has gotten DESTROYED defensively recently. Good going forward.

Senderos - Could be solid, will never be Tony Adams.

Djourou - Up in the air, but I don't think he'll ever hit incredible heights.

Vela - From what I've seen of him the kid can do the business, how that transfers to England will be interesting. A dynamite prospect though, absolutely dynamite.

Bendtner - Could turn into one of the best in the league. Fantastic physical specimen with great vision already, needs to keep working but it's possible. Very high ceiling.

Song - Don't know. He's a beast physically again, and he really seems to be doing better. If he sticks with us he'll turn into at the very least a VERY solid player.

Walcott - Jury's out. Needs to be a lot better than he is now. I haven't really seen too many dominating performances from him to be honest.

Fabianski - Devilishly quick, a little small but could become a very solid keeper. [/quote]

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Invincible said:
So you don't expect any of these players to become great then do you Web?

Well I'm surprised. I reckon at least 2 or 3 will make it big from that list. Can't see all of them ending up being just decent with the amount of talent they possess.

Well I guess I do look a bit of a Scrooge with the future ... maybe (maybe) I can see Denhilson cutting the mustard ... "bah humbug".

Walcott? ,,, to the workhouse with him.

phenn

Webdesignlab said:
Why is everyone so sure about Vela? Is everyone here an avid viewer of Spanish La Liga or something?... are you all secretly going to Arsenal-Mania weekends away to 'Salamander' or wherever the hell he is?

I've seen him several times on golTV and he's looked the business. Like, he's the best player on his team a lot of times (plays for Osasuna now). Played very well against Madrid too.

He's by no means a sure thing but the boy's a dynamite prospect at least. I think he's shown at least as many flashes as Walcott.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom