• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will they come good...

Ooh to be a gooner

Lukazan said:
Alfonso said:
I still think Diaby has the highest ceiling out of all our youngsters.

Just a shame he's got by far the smallest brain.

That's just a truly unproductive comment when not qualified with any evidence to support your claim. Especially when there is so much to indicate that he has a wonderful football brain, which is clearly in evidence by his positional sense, and how he makes himself available for others, his ability to beat players with a drop of the shoulder and a little shimmy, and his incisive passing.

In fact a significant part of why I feel confident that Diaby will fulfill his immense potential is because he is a thinker on the field. He plays with so much composure, never appearing flustered and always with his head up. Part of what frustrates people about him, is because he doesn't do what they expect him to do, they consider this to be a weakness, when in reality it's evidence of a creative mind which thinks outside of the normal constraints of an average player/fan

IMO he is unquestionably the one with the most amount of ability, just ask AW. And just as I championed Ade when he seemed to have more detractors than fans, I'll continue to defend Diaby until his performances can do all the talking for him!

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Lukazan said:
Alfonso said:
It wouldn't even be a competition if Bentley "I'm soooo bored at AFC" was still here, **** (Bentley that is :D ).

Lukazan

Established Member
Ooh to be a gooner said:
Lukazan said:
Alfonso said:

That's just a truly unproductive comment when not qualified with any evidence to support your claim. Especially when there is so much to indicate that he has a wonderful football brain, which is clearly in evidence by his positional sense, and how he makes himself available for others, his ability to beat players with a drop of the shoulder and a little shimmy, and his incisive passing.

In fact a significant part of why I feel confident that Diaby will fulfill his immense potential is because he is a thinker on the field. He plays with so much composure, never appearing flustered and always with his head up. Part of what frustrates people about him, is because he doesn't do what they expect him to do, they consider this to be a weakness, when in reality it's evidence of a creative mind which thinks outside of the normal constraints of an average player/fan

Positional sense.. :lol:
Incisive passing.. :lol: :lol:
Head up.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You, I like you. We can be friends.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would like to see any of you coming from Auxerre's academy where you was developed as a CM.

Then coming to Arsenal and being asked to play on the left despite being a righty.

Had a double fracture on your right ankle and sidelined for 9 months.

When you finally come back to the pitch, your performance is compared to the likes of Hleb, Rosicky, Cesc, & Flamini.

Being involved in and helping the team on the top of the league ATM.

Yet some of your fans branded you having the smallest football brain in your early twenty.

It's a really heart-warming comment, innit?

I would love to see how you can come out of a career-threatening injury like the one Diaby had and still playing for one of the top teams in Europe.

Feanor

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Lukazan said:
Alfonso said:
It wouldn't even be a competition if Bentley "I'm soooo bored at AFC" was still here, **** (Bentley that is :D ).

Bentley is over rated, I've watched enough Rovers games to feel pretty happy about not having him in this team anymore. If you look at the amount time he gets on the pitch and the good plays he produces, he's not all that. Diaby is better and will get even better.

Feanor

Established Member
Out of those mentioned in this thread, I expect the most out of Djourou, Traore, Denilson and Bendtner. I think Senderos, Diaby, Walcott and Song will develop into good squad players, but those 4 could be special. I have not seen enough of Fabinski and Vela to make a call at this point.

regele

Established Member
Lukazan said:
No brain then.
Are you in a concession mood today? :lol:

Mostly agree with Phenn, especially on Bendtner, but I'd say Denilson has stagnated a bit lately, but I think he'll make it, that Senderos' ceiling at CB is hard to set ATM and that I haven't seen enough of Vela to form an opinion.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Diaby - Ok player, but not for Arsenal. He'll end up playing for Porthmouth or something.

Denilson - He'll improve and he could turn out to be a good player but I'm not quite sure how many chances he'll get.

Traore - Ok player, but nothing great.

Senderos - He's a good defender. I can see him being a regular starter in our team in a few years from now.

Djourou - Ok player, but nothing great.

Vela- Like Denilson.

Bendtner - Like Denilson

Song - A squad player.

Walcott - Could turn out to be a complete flop, or perhaps turn out to be a good player, I don't know.

Fabianski - I haven't been impressed thus far, but I haven't really seen enough of him yet.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Feanor said:
AnthonyG said:
Lukazan said:
Alfonso said:
Bentley is over rated, I've watched enough Rovers games to feel pretty happy about not having him in this team anymore. If you look at the amount time he gets on the pitch and the good plays he produces, he's not all that. Diaby is better and will get even better.
Hence the small brain dig. Your name's not David is it? :wink:

True Gooner

Established Member
I was just wondering...are these opinions (Will they come good?) being made with respect to the current squad of Arsenal first teamers or with respect to players of the same age group...because Im sure Traore/Walcott are more than 'okay' in the U-18s/U-21s.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=505225&cc=5739

Walcott was taken to the World Cup five months after his move to Arsenal, was famously unused and has not established himself as a regular for his club, yet Pearce has still seen plenty of progress.

Pearce takes into account Walcott's age, 18, as well as the competition at the Emirates Stadium and the way he has performed for the Under-21s.

'He's learning and developing the game,' said Pearce.

'Yes, we want to see him play a touch more but the bottom line is it's all part of the development for him.

'I don't see it that he's dropped back at all this season. He's started every match for me in the under-21s, which is a bonus. On top of that, he's started quite a few games for Arsenal.

'I know full well if you take Theo out of Arsenal and put him in a lesser side somewhere, he'll start every week. But he's playing for one of the top sides in the world so he's not going to start every week.'

Pearce has the utmost confidence in Gunners boss Arsène Wenger knowing whether it is right for Walcott to go on loan in the lower leagues.

'Without a doubt it (going on loan) helps,' said Pearce.

'It all adds to their experience. If they're not playing at their individual clubs, maybe that might be a route they take.

'That applies to anybody. But there's one man who will know what's best for Theo and that's Arsène.'

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pearce may be clueless as a club manager, but surely he knows a thing or two on being patient in developing young players.

Ooh to be a gooner

Diaby - World class
Denilson - Very good player
Traore - World class
Theo - Top draw
Senderos - Solid pro
Djourou - So much ability, top draw
Bendtner - World class

Feanor

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Feanor said:
AnthonyG said:
Lukazan said:
Alfonso said:
Hence the small brain dig. Your name's not David is it? :wink:

What if it is? Wanna fight about it? :wink: (Family guy reference)

Biggus

Established Member
Kraig said:
i only thought of it when i saw the almunia thread and how 2 seasons ago we all slated him and wanted him out, and now look. Just wondering if many think that this will be the case with the others in our side.

:idea: I still think Almunia is not good enough to be Arsenal's number 1.

Diaby will make it, its Luka who has a small brain.

banduan

Established Member
I don't think Diaby will make it either, but I sure as heck hope he makes it. Bags o talent.

Learn stuff, Abou. Helps.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
arsenalfc0719 said:
Diaby - Ok player, but not for Arsenal. He'll end up playing for Porthmouth or something.

Denilson - He'll improve and he could turn out to be a good player but I'm not quite sure how many chances he'll get.

Traore - Ok player, but nothing great.

Senderos - He's a good defender. I can see him being a regular starter in our team in a few years from now.

Djourou - Ok player, but nothing great.

Vela- Like Denilson.

Bendtner - Like Denilson

Song - A squad player.

Walcott - Could turn out to be a complete flop, or perhaps turn out to be a good player, I don't know.

Fabianski - I haven't been impressed thus far, but I haven't really seen enough of him yet.

"could come good, could not, who knows"

"see above"

"see above"

"could be good, or not"

"not impressed, but havent seen enough"

you literally said nothing...

the only thing you said was that Senderos, the players who, of all mentioned, looks like he has hit as close to his ceiling as the rest, will be the only regular starter... you dont think Vela, Bendtner or Denilson will get much of a chance? oook...

sorry, dont mean to sound like an a$$hole, but you gave no reasons for these wish washy statements...

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom