• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Van Persie Surpass Henry's Tally?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I bet Joe Hart or Rooney pip Robin. IMO, it isn't even a contest, Robin should win. Wouldn't have Silva or Parker in my list either.

wishful_llama

Remember the voting was done around November/December/January time so that'll be why the list is dominated by Man City/**** players. Robin's still a shoe in for it though

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
@GDeep,

I can understand why Silva is there as he's started the season on fire and was the Mozart behind the City's blistering form BUT Parker? it's so bad that it's not even funny.

Yeah I'm also expecting Robin to lose out to one of those british heroes and the media sweethearts in Hart & Shrek which will highlight for those still in the dark everything that's wrong with the way and how football is run in this country and how influential a role the media plays.

GG8

Quicker than Walcott said:
GG8 said:
99 short at the minute. Another three or four season averaging 30+ goals isnt to far-fetched given his form at the minute.
So he is currently on 130?

129. 99 to equal and 100 to pass.

dysphoria

Established Member
i doubt it and a huge part of that is because he's not playing with the likes of pires, bergkamp, vieira & ljungberg.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Robin isn't even 29 yet, he could do the business at the highest level till his early-mid 30's I reckon. 20 goals a season would give him a shout. Has to stay injury free though.

Robin would rather a trophy or two as captain though I bet.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Think Wrighty's record will be a more realistic target, depends on a number of factors - first being Robin's desire to remain here for a few more years.

Think he can hit 40 this season, fancy him to score vs Wigan and Chelsea this week.

evoh_1

Established Member
he won't get past 229 and he won't get the season record as we / he are off the boil and out of the cups.

dysphoria

Established Member
this thread has been created on the assumption that he'll definitely stay, think its not as straight forward as that, well not now anyway.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
dysphoria said:
this thread has been created on the assumption that he'll definitely stay, think its not as straight forward as that, well not now anyway.
I think it's fair to assume that Robin will stay to the end of the season, which, after all, is the point of this thread ...

And, no, I don't think Robin will get there. He might score another 3 or so, but not the 6 he needs.

dysphoria

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
dysphoria said:
I think it's fair to assume that Robin will stay to the end of the season, which, after all, is the point of this thread ...

And, no, I don't think Robin will get there. He might score another 3 or so, but not the 6 he needs.

but how is he going to surpass henry's tally within this season...unless the OP meant henry's tally for the most goals in a season? I figured he meant overall tally. :lol: :eek:ops:

GG8

Yeah he meant his tally for the season. The discussion then tailed off to the overall record, but even then it was highlighted that it was dependant on him signing and not the assumption that he was.

qs

Established Member
He wont do it because he's not as good, he's in a worse team and he wont stay fit for the next 4 years even if he stays with us.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I don't think he'll even break Wrighty's 185 goals let alone Titi's simply because Robin misses too many chances compared to those two.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom