• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will We Ever Sign English Again

Soler

Established Member
sanyasi said:
You toe a very fine line as it is, insulting a moderator's probably not the best thing you should do, oui?

So just because you are moderator makes you above question?

No, it doesn't. But someone who's just been unbanned probably shouldn't come out and insult EVERYTHING I post right off the bat, following me here? I hope so.

ever since you became a mod youve become a touch bigheaded methinks.

Actually, my posts haven't changed one bit ever since i became a moderator (but, hey, it's been awhile since we've had a 'whinge at Mad Jens' moderating' threads, another one was bound to crop up again despite me doing other things in my life in the last month and a half). Maybe I am bigheaded, I don't care either way. Nothing has changed whatsoever.

Now let's get back on topic =)

sabret00the

Established Member
sanyasi said:
You toe a very fine line as it is, insulting a moderator's probably not the best thing you should do, oui?

So just because you are moderator makes you above question? he made a statement about the quality of your postings which is quite justified, and jsut because you are a mod doesnt mean that you can flex your muscles around.
ever since you became a mod youve become a touch bigheaded methinks.
why dont you be a little nicer, like USArsenal or somebody like that? stop throwing your weight around for once
normally MJ makes quality well informed posts, some fo the best on here, so with the tbosa line he was talking **** and MJ reacted, i wouldn't say that's reason to start villianising him, he's one of the better mods and very efficacious in his role :)

sabret00the

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
sanyasi said:

So just because you are moderator makes you above question?

No, it doesn't. But someone who's just been unbanned probably shouldn't come out and insult EVERYTHING I post right off the bat, following me here? I hope so.
calm down he never insulted you directly he said the quality of your posts were sub-par, apart from being a mod you're a participant here, if all the mods went off on tandems like this, their wouldn't be no one left, this is one of them situations where he didn't need to mention it but theirs actually no real problem with what he said (bar this aint the thread for that is at all) just move on. if you hate him that much ban him when he inevitably ****s up.

gunner in dubai

I think Downing could be good for our team, he is very direct and effective too, Wenger can develop him to suit our style...I would have liked to see him in an Arsenal shirt rather than ****!

TheGunner

gunner in dubai said:
I think Downing could be good for our team, he is very direct and effective too, Wenger can develop him to suit our style...I would have liked to see him in an Arsenal shirt rather than ****!

Not a bad idea, he would be good for use. Get rid of Pires as he is 30 now, so sell him in the summer and bring him in

kronik

I find it quite sad that Arsène Wenger spends little effort into finding English players, Defoe would have been perfect for this squad, but he's too busy trying to find foreigners. People are saying that English are too expensive and list Lampard, Gerrard etc, but these are established English players, how about putting faith in up and coming ones. This is an English team for crying out loud> I just wish he'd put just as much faith as he does in English talent as he does in Cygan.

To be fair though, he's not the only foreign manager doing this.

Ridge

TheGunner said:
Get rid of Pires as he is 30 now, so sell him in the summer and bring him in
get a replacement for him? - for the future yes.

get rid of him? - HUH?

TheGunner

Ridge said:
TheGunner said:
Get rid of Pires as he is 30 now, so sell him in the summer and bring him in
get a replacement for him? - for the future yes.

get rid of him? - HUH?

Yes, as we can get some good money for him in the summer, as much as I like him we need to look for the future.

KingReyes

Established Member
TheGunner said:
gunner in dubai said:

Not a bad idea, he would be good for use. Get rid of Pires as he is 30 now, so sell him in the summer and bring him in

Yes, thats right! Lets get rid of a player that has been our most consistent scorer behind Henry last season and this season, just because he's 31. And replace him with an unproven goalscorer. :roll:

Chips&CurrySauce

You're contradicting yourself TheGunner. You want us to buy a replacement for Pires, well we already have Reyes, who is Spain's left winger and in case you haven't noticed we also have Ryan smith coming throuh the ranks, who incidentally is English, but what they hell, lets sign Downing aswell!

sabret00the

Established Member
their was a rumour going round last week about us signing Downing, anyway bar that personally i would like to see Pires become a bench warmer after january, if we're replly serious about playing someone there and evolving the team.

TheGunner

We dont have to replace him as we do have cover. Van Persie or Reyes, but Reyes will probably play more upfront then on the wing.

To be fair KingReyes, there is only so much Pires can do, you can not expect him to do that next season as well.

zodos

I never ever say someone is talking bollocks, but this is an exception. I can't but question whether "The Gunner" follows Arsenal at all! Anyone who can suggest we get rid of a midfielder who has consistently been amongst out top 3 scorers and replace him with some kid from Middlesborough should re-examine their footy knowledge!!!

KingReyes

Established Member
TheGunner said:
We dont have to replace him as we do have cover. Van Persie or Reyes, but Reyes will probably play more upfront then on the wing.

To be fair KingReyes, there is only so much Pires can do, you can not expect him to do that next season as well.

Neither you nor I know what Pires will be like, as you get older its true you might lose your touch but still we don't know that. Also in that case what you are saying is that we should have Sold Bergkamp at 30 and sell Henry, Vieira etc in two years time and sell Sol as he's just turned 30.

Finally the main reason I disagreed with your initial post was because you wanted to replace a 15-20 goal a season player with a someone thats just started and hasn't proved he can score the same amount.

tbbosa

Mad Jens said:
How can you say BWP (a larger, stronger, striker) is a better player than SWP (smaller, quicker, winger) when they are absolutely nothing a like? They play different different positions, have different attributes and bare no resemblance to each other playing wise. It's like saying a winger is a better player than a DM; they can't be compared whatsoever.
Am not comparing positions, but the impact a player can have on the team. Henry and Cygan play different positions, but I would have no problem saying that Henry is a better football player than Cygan, since he has a much more positive impact on the team. so in that sense BWP is better than SWP!! You do not need to be a rocket scientist to understand that one, do you?
Mad Jens said:
Well what can I say, am just a mere mortal, well I hope that gives you a feeling of worthiness and power, you seem to need it.!
sanyasi said:
why dont you be a little nicer, like USArsenal or somebody like that? stop throwing your weight around for once
Sanyansi, Needless to mention but I have always found USArsenal to be sensible and his posts (with EINC of course), some of the better ones on the forum. I have no trouble making out what he posts. Does that have to do with the fact that he can argue a point, he does not need to throw his weight around?..well !!

Soler

Established Member
tbbosa said:
Am not comparing positions, but the impact a player can have on the team. Henry and Cygan play different positions, but I would have no problem saying that Henry is a better football player than Cygan, since he has a much more positive impact on the team. so in that sense BWP is better than SWP!! You do not need to be a rocket scientist to understand that one, do you?

I'd say you need to be one of those insane geniuses to think that a player who hasn't even played a full debut for his team has more of an impact than the single most exciting player in the entire team.

You aren't serious when you're saying that Bradley Wright-Phillips has had more of an impact on Manchester City than Shaun Wright-Phillips has, right? I mean, come on, that's just inanely silly.

When SWP even touches the ball all of CoMS comes to life, FFS. He IS City. And, yet, according to you, BWP has more of an impact on Manchester City as a whole (team + fans) because he's played a whopping FOURTEEN MINUTES! :lol:

I hope you're not being serious. Fourteen minutes of top flight has more influence over City compared to sixteen appearances and a few years of top flight football. :lol:

Sanyansi, Needless to mention but I have always found USArsenal to be sensible and his posts (with EINC of course), some of the better ones on the forum. I have no trouble making out what he posts. Does that have to do with the fact that he can argue a point, he does not need to throw his weight around?..well !!

:lol: I can't argue a point, yeah, okay.

gooner#1

I dont think we need to buy English/British players.Hoyte has a good chance of making it this season-if Lauren gets injured or he could play as an emergency Centre back
We have also got Bentley who is still onloan -not to mention Jermaine Pennant who I think with right neuturing can be as good as SWR .Though he is injured we have to see if he could impress le boss in training to really push freddie for a place .

Jkreffer

Established Member
Yes, as we can get some good money for him in the summer, as much as I like him we need to look for the future.

Actually I think we are pretty well set up for the future. Why the hell would you want to sell Pires? He is one of our best players.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
the sad fact is that almost every brit player who's good enough to play for arsenal is too expensive. lampard? terry? gerrard? defoe? they are just all too expensive. becks might be a reasonable target because he is getting older and is now a marketing prosititute. the just cost too much. carrick would have been good at arsenal as a squad player but the need was not there at the time. we just dont have the cash. the reason why we probably will not be able to BUY any english stars is the same reason why we are not able to buy most non-english stars. we dont have the money.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom