• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The lad can **** off really, his career here is over. Good luck playing in the french league.
I don't care how the club treated you this is Arsenal and I don't like this ****.

Bit harsh :lol: But yeah I don’t understand this cathartic outpouring on the internet over a player no one is certain over. Maybe Arsenal did screw him over, but big deals go wrong with players in every club in every season? Our allegiance is to the club surely, you don’t side with a random stranger over your family.

The lads on 40k p/w at 20 years old, it’s not exactly the end of the world for him - he will struggle through!

Most likely this strange Manson like cult surrounding Saliba is because it’s currently the biggest, most convinient stick to beat Arteta with.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tells you everything that they didn’t even want to have a look at him in preseason to see if he could impress. He comes back and first thing they send him out on loan, don’t think he even had a training session with the team.
Shocking management. The lad didn’t like not being given a chance the season before and dared to say so. Arteta doesn’t forgive such stuff and would rather waste £50m than be questioned.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I don't think it's even football related. Our worst player is Runarsson. Even he was treated better than Saliba by Mikel.

That shows it's not about the quality, I suspect. It's more of a personal nature if anything. It's possible Saliba just rubs him the wrong way.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't think it's even football related. Our worst player is Runarsson. Even he was treated better than Saliba by Mikel.

That shows it's not about the quality, I suspect. It's more of a personal nature if anything. It's possible Saliba just rubs him the wrong way.
Imagine thinking Runarsson was a good replacement for Martinez and giving him a £40k/W contract. That tells you everything about Arteta’s judgement.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Bit harsh :lol: But yeah I don’t understand this cathartic outpouring on the internet over a player no one is certain over. Maybe Arsenal did screw him over, but big deals go wrong with players in every club in every season? Our allegiance is to the club surely, you don’t side with a random stranger over your family.

The lads on 40k p/w at 20 years old, it’s not exactly the end of the world for him - he will struggle through!

Most likely this strange Manson like cult surrounding Saliba is because it’s currently the biggest, most convinient stick to beat Arteta with.
Nobody needs Saliba to beat Arteta with. :lol: :lol: :lol: Try our two worst league positions for 25 years, lowest goal tally for 25 years. Try completely out of Europe for the first time in 25 years.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It's possible Saliba just rubs him the wrong way.
Great, now this song is stuck in my head.
johnny-gill-rub-you-the-right-way-Cover-Art.jpg

Alexs

Shocking management. The lad didn’t like not being given a chance the season before and dared to say so. Arteta doesn’t forgive such stuff and would rather waste £50m than be questioned.
Stop fretting. We'll have RB, CM, AM, GK and CF next week. Willian, Runarsson, Cedric, Hector, Elneny, AMN, Nketiah and Nelson will all be moved on for good money.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It's not fluent but it's fine, better than some players who come to the PL with absolutely no English, better than what Emery had when he came!

His English is just fine. I want him here now after watching this though especially during the French players who played for Arsenal part where he said he hasn't played yet. Him not playing for us would be a massive failure.

Brett

Why harsh? Saliba has turned down the chance to play in the premiership after signing for an English club; choosing to go to France where you have already proven, I mean what is the point? You have to listen to your parent club they are the ones who are still paying for your salary(Atleast partially).

I don't care whether Arteta is correct or not, did not see all these forum members taking the side of Özil!. Who prior lockdown was in pretty good form. You can't change your view on player discipline player to player. Saliba is fans darling, so they are taking his side. But he can do one I really do not care. Unless he finds a way to redeem himself to our club. The hate for Arteta and co is causing everyone to become Saliba fans which is funny in so many levels.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Why harsh? Saliba has turned down the chance to play in the premiership after signing for an English club; choosing to go to France where you have already proven, I mean what is the point? You have to listen to your parent club they are the ones who are still paying for your salary(Atleast partially).

I don't care whether Arteta is correct or not, did not see all these forum members taking the side of Özil!. Who prior lockdown was in pretty good form. You can't change your view on player discipline player to player. Saliba is fans darling, so they are taking his side. But he can do one I really do not care. Unless he finds a way to redeem himself to our club. The hate for Arteta and co is causing everyone to become Saliba fans which is funny in so many levels.
I fail to see why he should listen to his 'parent club' when they're doing their best to behave as an evil stepmom instead. As was mentioned above, we didn't even give him the chance in the preseason to impress. Why should he stay in the Prem and play when there's little to no chance to come back to Arsenal? Who says he even wants to after all of this? Rather go to France where he's more comfortable, play for Marseille rather than Newcastle and try to build up some interest so he can move. Can't blame him for that. The club should've given him the chance in the preseason otherwise. We've mismanaged him so badly.

And please keep quiet on topics you clearly have no clue about. Comparing Özil (where I did not agree with Arteta's handling of the situation btw.) and Saliba's situation to back your agenda is ridiculous. Two very different cases - both handled poorly imo - Saliba never got a chance.

"Unless he finds a way to redeem himself to our club." How?? He isn't even included in our preseason ffs! :lol: :lol:

Brett

I fail to see why he should listen to his 'parent club' when they're doing their best to behave as an evil stepmom instead. As was mentioned above, we didn't even give him the chance in the preseason to impress. Why should he stay in the Prem and play when there's little to no chance to come back to Arsenal? Who says he even wants to after all of this? Rather go to France where he's more comfortable, play for Marseille rather than Newcastle and try to build up some interest so he can move. Can't blame him for that. The club should've given him the chance in the preseason otherwise. We've mismanaged him so badly.

And please keep quiet on topics you clearly have no clue about. Comparing Özil (where I did not agree with Arteta's handling of the situation btw.) and Saliba's situation to back your agenda is ridiculous. Two very different cases - both handled poorly imo - Saliba never got a chance.

"Unless he finds a way to redeem himself to our club." How?? He isn't even included in our preseason ffs! :lol: :lol:
No need for personal attacks, I guess you know more about Özil situation than any of us:facepalm:

I don't have an agenda against Saliba I want him to succeed here but coming out in the media saying that he did not heed the clubs advice is distasteful.

He was 19 when we signed him. First year he was injured and hardly played. Last year he played the complete season. But still at 21 he is still very young, I do not see what is wrong in the club wanting him to get one more season under his belt.

The only mistake the club did was last year when they did not loan him, but what transpired only club insiders know so as you said above I won't comment on what I do not know. We had like 8 CB's which is crazy. What is the point of staying around for preseason when the decision has been taken to loan him out?
Why not go out and have it with the Club you are going to spend the rest of the season with?

Anyways I have said my piece. Ciao

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I think we should agree that both sides have not handled this properly or at least appear to not have handled it properly from what we know publicly. One is a teenaged kid who is making these decisions compared to the adults running our club. I can forgive a teenager being rash more easily than these grown men.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
No need for personal attacks, I guess you know more about Özil situation than any of us:facepalm:

I don't have an agenda against Saliba I want him to succeed here but coming out in the media saying that he did not heed the clubs advice is distasteful.

He was 19 when we signed him. First year he was injured and hardly played. Last year he played the complete season. But still at 21 he is still very young, I do not see what is wrong in the club wanting him to get one more season under his belt.

The only mistake the club did was last year when they did not loan him, but what transpired only club insiders know so as you said above I won't comment on what I do not know. We had like 8 CB's which is crazy. What is the point of staying around for preseason when the decision has been taken to loan him out?
Why not go out and have it with the Club you are going to spend the rest of the season with?

It's not a personal attack to say you clearly have no clue (re. this specific topic, not saying anything about you in general) when you 1) compare the two seperate situations and 2) say that no one was 'taking Özil's side back then when that is incorrect.
I also never said anything about know more about Özil's situation than anyone else on this forum. I probably know the average amount, but I do fact check before most of my posts, so I mostly avoid bombastic, wrongful claims.

He never got a single first team game for Arsenal. What the **** is that. He was injured before arriving to us, yes. But we could've kept him here, nurtured him for some time and slowly eased him into the team. Instead we prioritized using Mari, Luiz, Chambers, Mustafi, Kolasinac at CB (yes) etc. ahead of giving Saliba time in the team and a SINGLE game.

He also did not play the "entire" season last year. We ****ed up his loan in the summer, remember? So he only got loaned to Nice from winter forward.
So what did we do the 6 months prior to that with our promising, big signing?
Not. A. ****ing. Thing.
We didn't use him in the league, never on the bench.
We 'forgot' to register him for the Europa League, which was a near perfect way to give him some game time and take a proper look at him.
We had him on the bench in an EFL game and prioritized using Kolasinac as CB(!!!!!) ahead of Saliba, who never featured.

Then we loaned him to Nice who straight away played him, and played him for all matches apart from 2 matches in the league. He looked good for him judging from many sources, despite getting no game time at Arsenal.

Now, he comes back from a succesful loan at Nice, and we give him exactly no chance to impress in preseason and loan him away again. "Oh but we wanted him to stay in the Prem" ffs, why would we even loan him in the first place? He's 20 (not 21 btw.) and should play if he's good enough, or at the very least be offered a chance in our team.

We made many mistakes here. And club insiders might know the "truth", but tbh. the truth might be even more hopeless.

I hadn't read the last part of your post before I wrote most of my reply, but this is just comical, man.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I wouldn’t listen to what the Arsenal hierarchy believe either if my development had been treated the way it had during the firs half of last season. I would have zero trust in them or what they think is best for my career

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom