• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Anybody connected to/invested in the club will never have something bad to say though. That’s for sure.

*Sigh* I'm going to regret this but here goes. Please don't attack me for mildly criticising Lord Arteta, all those that are reading. Standard disclaimer that he's doing well this season but he's made mistakes before because he's... human.

Anyway, I agree with what you've said Trilly but interestingly Saliba did say something which can be perceived as negative....even when he was an Arsenal player, this was when he didn't play any games in the beginning of the 20/21 season and was first loaned to Nice:

"In this year there has been a lot of change. He judged me on two-and-a-half matches. I would have liked for him to play me more. But he told me I wasn't ready.

I was waiting for him to give me a chance, but football is like that.

When I initially came to Arsenal the league looked very good so I showed up to training and wanted to train on my own to show the coach I was ready."

Also interestingly Arteta seems to regret the situation:

"I feel really bad for William Saliba," "Because we had so many central defenders, we decided to leave him out of the squad which was really hurtful for me to do."

What's my point you may ask? Good question Kwame, my point is that it's fantastic that Saliba has a lot of positive things to say about Arteta. I'm also very glad to see how Arteta has handled Saliba this season and it's my belief that he'll sign a contract extension.

But lol, lmao, pmsl, rofl at thinking it was unreasonable to be worried about Saliba's situation before this season. Also lol at thinking our handling of Saliba has been spot on.

But hey Arteta is learning so it's ok to say we didn't handle it perfectly, Arteta isn't the candyman, he isn't going to appear in your mirror if you say something not positive about him.

Or maybe he will appear, actually am I even alive? Hol up I feel...faint is this the afterlife calling..... hel-

ghost-hector-hall.gif

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
*Sigh* I'm going to regret this but here goes. Please don't attack me for mildly criticising Lord Arteta, all those that are reading. Standard disclaimer that he's doing well this season but he's made mistakes before because he's... human.

Anyway, I agree with what you Trilly but interestingly Saliba did say something which can be perceived as negative....even when he was an Arsenal player, this was when he didn't play any games in the beginning of the 20/21 season and was first loaned to Nice:

"In this year there has been a lot of change. He judged me on two-and-a-half matches. I would have liked for him to play me more. But he told me I wasn't ready.

When I initially came to Arsenal the league looked very good so I showed up to training and wanted to train on my own to show the coach I was ready."

"I feel really bad for William Saliba," "Because we had so many central defenders, we decided to leave him out of the squad which was really hurtful for me to do."

What's my point you may ask? Good question Kwame, my point is that it's fantastic that Saliba has a lot of positive things to say about Arteta. I'm also very glad to see how Arteta has handled Saliba this season and it's my belief that he'll sign a contract extension.

But lol, lmao, pmsl, rofl at thinking it was unreasonable to be worried about Saliba's situation before this season. Also lol at thinking our handling of Saliba has been spot on.

But hey Arteta is learning so it's ok to say we didn't handle it perfectly, Arteta isn't the candyman, he isn't going to appear in your mirror if you say something not positive about him.

Or maybe he will appear, actually am I even alive? Hol up I feel...faint is this the afterlife calling..... hel-

ghost-hector-hall.gif

There was an article by the literal press mouth piece of the club saying how things were cagey and pretty much up in the air, I don't know why this is up for debate?

Odd that people are fixating on that. It's like when hairspray and co were shutting the boy down for a couple of u23s games and using that small sample size to discard him.

We got lucky and hopefully he's loving Arteta and Arsenal and he renews.

The lad is as good so far as I thought he'd be. Long may it continue.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Anyway, I agree with what you Trilly but interestingly Saliba did say something which can be perceived as negative....even when he was an Arsenal player, this was when he didn't play any games in the beginning of the 20/21 season and was first loaned to Nice:

ghost-hector-hall.gif
What's interesting about these facts, is how Arteta is talked about here like if you criticize him, you're off to Siberia. Like Arteta is some kind of a dictator who has no humanity.

Well here we have Saliba criticizing Arteta, and now he has started and played full minutes for the whole of his first EPL season, 7 games straight.

There's nothing wrong about being worried about his contract situation, it's natural and I have done it too because of his talent level.

But people here went crazy with all the theories without clear facts about the situation, without realizing that we will anyway get good money for him if he doesn't stay after a good season in Marseille, which he needed anyway. This means like 30-40 million pounds for a new CB with him having a year in contract, which should mean a very good player in the squad in any case.

That sometimes happens in football that you lose a great player, but we see what kind of culture Arteta is trying to instill to the squad and I bet Saliba liked what he sees. And is now a starter at a top 5 club in EPL, leading the league after 7 games at 21,5 years old. Playing for the club he has loved, fans signing his name non-stop.

I’m seeing some very homoerotic posts today. I get it Saliba is an alpha and good looking, but he’s a kid you know. Calm down people. Anyways, I need him to sign da ting and become the true Arsenal captain. Ødegaard/Xhaka are just keeping it warm for him.

That was not at all what I was implying. I was just saying at same age Van Djik was playing 3rd tier football. Sorry for the misconfusion!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
We're very lucky this guy likes the club
Extremely. He's the Mbappe of CBs but we banished him and played Kolasinac at CB instead.

Thank god he is a die hard Gooner (the reason he chose us over all the other clubs anyway) and is sensible enough now to move on and focus on the positives.

We have to get the new deal done ASAP. Haven't seen an 18 year old this good before previously and every year he age I'm gonna say the same

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Extremely. He's the Mbappe of CBs but we banished him and played Kolasinac at CB instead.

Thank god he is a die hard Gooner (the reason he chose us over all the other clubs anyway) and is sensible enough now to move on and focus on the positives.

We have to get the new deal done ASAP. Haven't seen an 18 year old this good before previously and every year he age I'm gonna say the same
Don’t do it to yourself amigo. If RM or PSG hit him up with a 300k a week offer next summer offer you’d quickly be hearing about how it’s been his “dream”.

Important we get him to renew in January because I think he’ll have a strong WC and France, despite Deschamps best attempts to shoehorn players like Rabiot and Guendouzi in the side, will go far.

D

Deleted member 102404

The thing is, you guys say this and laugh about it but you’re also intelligent enough to know that he’s never ever going to badmouth his manager to the press.

Pay attention to what players/staff who are no longer connected to the club say if you actually want real opinions.
There is the option of saying nothing.
The problem is that too many have paid attention to what people NOT connected to the club have said - especially media hacks and social media ITKs
Also when Saliba said he felt he was not given a chance… his words served to carry a lot of weight then. Why not now?
The book closes on this if Saliba signs a new contract. If he does then it’s pretty clear the manager has done well with him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Don’t do it to yourself amigo. If RM or PSG hit him up with a 300k a week offer next summer offer you’d quickly be hearing about how it’s been his “dream”.
I think we shouldn't struggle offering that money to our best players, and Saliba definitely is that

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Running out of superlatives to describe this kid. 21 years of age? It’s a joke tbh. His composure is on another planet.

That turn before Fabio’s goal was 🤌🏾

It’s gotta be among the club’s priorities to extend his deal. We need to secure his peak years at the very least. He’s a Rolls Royce.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we shouldn't struggle offering that money to our best players, and Saliba definitely is that
Two teams with the multiple ballon d’or contenders and a genuine expectation of winning the CL. I think it’d be more than just the money at that stage. We gotta convince him before they come knocking but I suspect his agent will tell him to sit tight.

Crazy to think he’s been on our books for 3 years.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s 6”5 with the agility of someone that 5”11, freakish athlete. Think his positioning is a bit off sometimes, but he will learn. Guys surely the biggest CB prospect around.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom