• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Needs to get his contract signed ASAP. Him, Saka and Martinelli.

We are now in 50m+ player territory, with Saliba probably 80m already at this age. Edu is going to look like a ****ing rockstar with his sales going forward.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
None at the moment, but he needs to build a reputation first to even be considered top 3. Winning something and getting back to the CL would get him in a position where the media would recognize him, until then he will be picking awards for kids
Of course. He can't be crowned on 8 matches but he's got the kind of calmness that I remember marveling at Van Dijk having in the CL Final against the ****. He's never troubled. He just goes around doing what he wants to do and nobody can rattle him. Son was as anonymous as I've ever seen him today. Whenever he got past White, Saliba was there just to calmly send him back where he came from empty handed.

Batman

Needs to get his contract signed ASAP. Him, Saka and Martinelli.

We are now in 50m+ player territory, with Saliba probably 80m already at this age. Edu is going to look like a ****ing rockstar with his sales going forward.
Closer to 100M, contract situation or not. Look what Fofana just went for and Saliba has always been 2 levels above him.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
My biggest hope is, that he is really a gunner and doesn't want it so fast. But lets be realistic, he could play in every club of this world as a starter.

Keplaz

My biggest hope is, that he is really a gunner and doesn't want it so fast. But lets be realistic, he could play in every club of this world as a starter.
Not yet. But soon come. He will sign da ting. Triple announcement. They are loving their football.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The thing is contract lengths are pretty meaningless in terms of keeping a player these days. If a player really wants to go, he's going. Irrespective of if he has 1 year or 5 left.

As scary as it sounds, Saliba isn't the finished product yet. There's fairly significant room to improve still.
Get week in week out football on a bumper new deal and then move on to PSG or Real in 2-3 years. He'll still be nowhere near his peak at that point either.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The thing is contract lengths are pretty meaningless in terms of keeping a player these days. If a player really wants to go, he's going. Irrespective of if he has 1 year or 5 left.

As scary as it sounds, Saliba isn't the finished product yet. There's fairly significant room to improve still.
Get week in week out football on a bumper new deal and then move on to PSG or Real in 2-3 years. He'll still be nowhere near his peak at that point either.
Contract lengths might be meaningsless "in terms of keeping a player" - they are not meaningless in terms of value. We need to secure the value of our investment at least. Obviously, we want more than that.

Batman

If we manage to extend him the only unfortunate part is it's going to be like Henry and Vieira where the likes of Madrid are hammering down the door every summer but of course when you have that problem it means that you have an absolute top drawer player who hopefully is winning you things. That's certainly a better problem to have than players nobody wants like Mustafi and co.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Imagine him winning the world cup with France Arteta got a fight on his hands.
If he plays a key role for France in a successful WC campaign, we're going to have to buckle up, if not already.

Having said that, I'm quietly optimistic he'll extend with us this renewal cycle since he's a nailed-on starter and developing at an impressive rate, although there may be a dose of rose-tinted glasses involved. He's also solidifying himself as a regular fixture in the French NT setup.

Admittedly, we're not amongst Europe's elite atm, but we're trending upwards and a great fit for him to mature into one of the best defenders in the world. If he extends, the next renewal cycle when he's in his mid 20's would be the one I'd be more worried about (not that I don't have a hint of concern currently). Not too dissimilar to Saka in that regard imo.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Contract lengths might be meaningsless "in terms of keeping a player" - they are not meaningless in terms of value. We need to secure the value of our investment at least. Obviously, we want more than that.

If it were me and he and his camp were amenable I'd have a gentleman's agreement with him that if he signs a new long term deal that if in 2-3 years time a club comes in with an offer over £x then the club won't stand in his way to leave.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Think he’s even outdoing this places expectations of him. He’s world class already ffs. He’s in line for a mega deal (as is Saka).

Yeah I was desperate for him to get a fair chance, expecting him to have the odd bad game and having to defend him. I definitely did not expect this level as Arteta's decision did play on my mind and pay closer attention to his weaknesses.

The thread pages is very low which confirms how good he is, I've not had to say nothing his displays have done all the talking.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If it were me and he and his camp were amenable I'd have a gentleman's agreement with him that if he signs a new long term deal that if in 2-3 years time a club comes in with an offer over £x then the club won't stand in his way to leave.
Maybe I'm an idealist, but I do think our draw is perhaps bigger than that. We'll see.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yep, I'm sorry @Blood on the Tracks but I can't really agree with you, even in terms of keeping a player the contract length is important because of leverage.

Of course there are situations in which a player will leave regardless (especially when the money offered is really good), and other situations where a player is always going to stay (like Saka extending in the 2019/20 season).

But if you've got a guy with 4 years left on his contract, he has less power to force a move than a guy with 1 year left who can threaten not to play and leave the following year on a free.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Wait when I say it I am a Contesexual; when these guys say it they are journalists?Fact is he would be insane to sign a deal before WC. If France win and he starts for them as a 21 year old CB then I doubt he would resign with us unless he started whole year and had a great year. And I don’t think eeking out 4th and no trophy would be a great year for a player like Saliba that is a bare minimum. Arteta’s bizarre 3rd loan spell has got Edu dressed in lingerie, wearing red pumps and bent over a barrel for saliba’s agent. If I was PSG I’d offer him 450k a week what do they care; a young, blooded, classy, and athletic center back is worth his weight in gold. We need trophies and big money to keep him long term

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom