• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Tell.

He is tall but Toney is much stronger and he can win the position, it's a mismatch unfortunately but I'm delighted to have Saliba as he is great in most games
It's not just Toney he struggles against aerially though. If we want to be the best we can't be writing it off like "there's nothing he could do". If it was Gabi or White guys would be going crazy.

Disclaimer: I believe Saliba is WC talent.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It was a poor game from him overall but Toney is a clever / difficult forward to play against.

I'm not excusing him as he was bad and should have done better. The free kick give away was just lack of experience, Toney or whoever it was outsmarted him. Why he didn't bother challenging for the header in the box, I don't know though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Worst game in Arsenal shirt maybe thankfully he won't face Toney again because to win 0 headers against him is big trouble huge difference from the game at Brentford when he gave Toney no chance to even jump

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
This aerial duals are a big weakness from him, not just this game.

They are always targeting Saliba for these duels, never Gabriel.
But should be able to build some more strenght in the future.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Despite the early season form it is clear he still has a way to go. Gabriel been the better CB out of the 2 over the last 2-3 months.

Not concerned at all though, he is a kid for CB age and will come good.

He needs to sign the ting though, probably woulda got more money before the WC actually - his hype was crazy then.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This aerial duals are a big weakness from him, not just this game.

They are always targeting Saliba for these duels, never Gabriel.
But should be able to build some more strenght in the future.
Yes but thought he imporve it since last season he wasn't troubled this season this is first game i remember

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Toney is physically superior to most defenders, this was always going to happen.

Saliba has a better chance of marking Mbappe and Benzema than he has with Toney, he is not perfect for every single situation and Toney is a unique player
He actually isn't. He's 179cm. He's just exceptional at using his body. He knows when to jump, how to jump, how to back in a little but in a smart way without giving fouls away.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He actually isn't. He's 179cm. He's just exceptional at using his body. He knows when to jump, how to jump, how to back in a little but in a smart way without giving fouls away.

That's what she said....

241-2413211_how-u-doin-lmao-i-love-this-face.png

About me....it was about me...I think?

I hope.....?

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Toney is just very smart.

You don't need great height to be a real threat in the air. The way he positioned himself and backed into Saliba every time the ball was in the air, that was very clever and a lesson for Saliba to learn.

2-3 times he 'earned' free kicks against Saliba where he was actually fouling Saliba more than the other way around :lol:

Saliba will learn the dark arts of defending with experience.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He's struggling a bit, and teams have picked up on this.

Aerially strong teams will look to attack him, and run onto the loose balls. I can see something similar happen with Haaland come midweek as well.

Back him to figure it out though, he is a good player.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He was a bit naive today. The first time he decided to actually engage with Toney physically, the referee gave him a BS foul which led to a goal. It was a very poor performance and he'll need to learn from it but it's not something to panic about. His calmness is an asset but he's got to learn that occasionally you need to just be nasty with these jumped up strikers that want to turn it into that. Gabi does that well, Saliba has got to develop that side of his game. The first thing I'd have done to Toney is put him on his ass. If he's "winning" fouls against me then he's going to be sore and think twice about it.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

People got on the back off me at time but I think I'm being shown to be correct.

You can have marvelous attributes, speed, poise, tackling ability, distribution, natural intelligence etc that doesn't necessarily make you a top player though.

It's not Saliba's fault at all but you can't be that level of player particularly at CB without experience and going through these sort of issues and really learning your trade the hard way.

If he were a winger or whatever you can get away with a lot more in development, at CB it's much more magnified if you make a mistake it's likely going to lead to a goal threat.

In 3-4 years though he'll be a top 5 CB in the world barring serious injuries. No question. It is literally just the experience he needs.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Funny how Gabriel was the weak link a few weeks ago and now it's Saliba. He has been shaky but this is what inexperience does and we have it all over the pitch. He'll know he's mucked up and I trust him to come good in midweek 🙏🤞

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He’s a walking optical illusion. Appears much taller than he is.
Yeah our first game last season against him when he destroyed White I thought. He must be around 190cm.

Hes just incredible how he uses his body and knows when to jump, when to hold the defender etc. Just a great player at that side of the game. Would love him at Arsenal with the ability to provide another outlet. Not to start but as a squad player. Can finish too.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom