• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This has been going this way ever since Saliba turned up for Pre season last season.

It's been obvious to see, the thing as a fan that pisses me off is that Arteta has been duplicitous about his management of Saliba the whole time. He's been planning to turn William Saliba into William Salida since then.

Not registering him in the EL, not playing him in the Papa John's or FA cup. Not finding him a suitable loan deal at the start of last season and not playing him in preseason barring one match (in which I thought he played well FFS).

Now talk of selling him. £30m prospect with a good Loan under his belt to be sold without a single opportunity to impress. Zero communication from Arteta if reports are to be believed. Simply not good enough. That alone should ring alarm bells. AMN expressing similar issues.

This is the part where Edu needs to earn his money. Protect the value of the player. Organise a proper loan spell with no option or obligation to sell. Personally I'd like to see him loaned out on the premier league. Give him the opportunity to embarrass MA week in week out. If he does, he is back to us, "Premier league proven". If not, at least we've seen where he is currently at, at this level.
Fully agree. i really dont get why some people here are trusting Artetas judgement. He is basically from Guardiolas school of I dont care long term about the club. I just want to get what i want. Difference is Guardiola has earned that as the best manager in the world. Thats why when barca spent all that money on zlatan he could say I dont like him and he had enough credit in the bank. What has Arteta shown except being a really weird person who cant get along with people. This is bigger than Saliba.....there has to be a process in the club to protect the club from a manager if he loses his mind. With this set up what stops from Arteta saying I dont rate Saka anymore and dont want to play him? How you going up to a football director when you are extremely lucky to even be in the job and say I dont want this talent you spent 30 million on and want ben white for 50 million. A competent football director would slap him on the spot. But crackhead Edu has no clue himself.

The man shouldnt even have his job and he is here making huge decision. The whole situation is crazy.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I don't know exactly how contracts are drawn up and would they have specifics on them for example.

The contract you are signing is for the Arsenal first team. Or under 23s. Or under 18s etc.

Saliba could just come back and say look. I signed to be part of the first team squad. This is what and why I signed. This was the agreement I had with the club. Now either I'm in the first team squad and given a chance to play and prove myself, which I haven't been allow to do, or you cancel the contract. Because I didn't sign to be loaned every year. I didnt sign to play for the 23s. I was signed as a first team squad player.

If Arsenal refuse to cancel the contract by mutual consent then Saliba has to be up for consideration and training with the first team. If after that he genuinely isn't good enough then let him go.

Yes he's an asset but the club is happy to throw money away both before Arteta and after Arteta.

I hate to break it to you mate but that’s not how contracts work :lol:

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Frankly the Saliba situation is perplexing. Personally I’m not sure the club, including Arteta would be purposely freezing Saliba out, unless something untenable happened behind the scenes. I’m pretty sure they have been monitoring his progress in Ligue 1 closely. If they think he’s ready to contribute now, I doubt Arteta would override that, or not include him in his plans.

bergholt

Frankly the Saliba situation is perplexing. Personally I’m not sure the club, including Arteta would be purposely freezing Saliba out, unless something untenable happened behind the scenes. I’m pretty sure they have been monitoring his progress in Ligue 1 closely. If they think he’s ready to contribute now, I doubt Arteta would override that, or not include him in his plans.

If he goes then clearly he's a serious issue in the dressing room and with his attitude. No-one on here would know if that was the case.

Token Yank

Loan to a PL club wouldn't be the end of the world. At least they have money and can see how he adjusts to the league. Would rather he stay and play at Arsenal though. The most criminal thing about last year was we had all these throw away Europa League games, etc to bed him in. This season we don't.

Finesse

Some of us are reading this with sentiments shading the facts and proper analysis of this case. Saliba is an Arsenal player and the club invested in a player they believe can develop into a top CB. Some of you may be confusing the development process. It involves integration into how we play , adaptation to the PL , individual improvement , understanding of the game etc. Sometimes loan options will be considered as in Saliba's case. Are we just interested in seeing how he can play when he returns or we have enough data / analysis to confirm he can come back and slot nicely into the team?

The club did not handle the decision to send him on loan early and wasted a few months before making that decision in January. That was the only fault. Apart from that Saliba himself was honest to accept he was not ready and needed game time, confirming a loan was a best option.
The sources shared here are Tier 9. They are getting easy clicks from gullible Arsenal fans who love meltdown mania.

I think I'm out of this thread for a while now. We will know more in pre-season. This is just pointless rumour stuff currently.

Will do same ! It’s easy to troll Arsenal fans than to convince them they are being trolled! No one in the club has come out to state anything other than what we were told officially regarding a loan and eventual return to get his chance.

GunnerShy

Selling him is a red line. At this point, loaning him anywhere out of the PL is a red line for me also. I'm ok with a loan to a PL club though, so not exactly a hardline stance.
Spot on. If good form in Ligue 1 ain't enough to he taken serious then the next loan needs to be in the Premier league

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arteta has a ****ing problem with the fella. It is crystal clear. He's going to spend 50m on a centre back who is about the same level as Saliba albeit he has played in the premier league. Well he was given the chance.

Arteta bought Gabriel. He's going to buy White. That my friends is his future partnership. Saliba does not feature in that today tomorrow or in 2 years after another 2 loans to FC Baguette or Racing Escargots United.

Arsenal should sell the player now while he has interest otherwise we will go down the Guendouzi route. Make it clear the club has no interest in him and then he leaves with 1 year on his contract for loose change.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Joke of a manager. Damaging our club for years to come by destroying valuable future assets in either potential ability or financial gains such as Saliba.

Cannot wait when he inevitably gets sacked by Christmas when it’s too late due to our form continuing from last season.

Sending a 19 year old CB on loan to another premier league club is going to damage our club for years to come?

What planet are you on?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sending a 19 year old CB on loan to another premier league club is going to damage our club for years to come?

What planet are you on?
Just sell the fella **** sake. All this talk about Saliba. Us a fans are bored. Artetas bored. Everyone is bored about Saliba. It's turning into another Özil. Played out.

Arteta has to go to Edu and grow a set and say....I don't want him. I never want to work with him. Sell him and give me the money for my own players. End off.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Just sell the fella **** sake. All this talk about Saliba. Us a fans are bored. Artetas bored. Everyone is bored about Saliba. It's turning into another Özil. Played out.

Arteta has to go to Edu and grow a set and say....I don't want him. I never want to work with him. Sell him and give me the money for my own players. End off.

Even from a business perspective you at least give him a PL loan next season.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Even from a business perspective you at least give him a PL loan next season.
I would have had him loaned in England all last year if that was the plan. Maybe family life dictated it but I don't think it did. I think we couldn't find him anything suitable here.

It's a situation that needs sorted ASAP as the longer it drags on the more problematic it becomes.

If I were Saliba I would be saying to my agent. Have a chat with the club. If their intention is to loan me around another year then tell them to put me up for sale and I'll find another club. He has no loyalty to Arsenal and no feelings at all. If anything he probably wishes he had never joined us.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I like everyone else on this forum have no idea if Saliba is gonna make it here. I hope he develops into a top player & does.
I mean he is already virtually the best CB on the planet according to some on here & obviously Arteta knows nothing!
I must be honest & confess that while seeing a few promising clips i have never actually seen him play a full game.

However because of the hype & posts on here I was really looking forward to seeing him perform in the Euros. I was super disappointed to find that he didnt even make the bench for France last night.

Whats that, He has not even made the squad?
But even Zouma is in the squad and hes considered a bit of a joke at Chelsea

Deschamps knows nothing!!

Ok maybe he is being held back as he is such an important player for the U21s?

Whats that, He has not actually got a cap for the U21s yet?

But surely that cant be possible as he is one of the finest CBs on the planet & is 20.
The French U21 manager knows nothing!!!

Perhaps we overpaid big time for the kid? Who did the deal,
Was it Don Raul who overpaid for pepe?
mmn 😉

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I like everyone else on this forum have no idea if Saliba is gonna make it here. I hope he develops into a top player & does.
I mean he is already virtually the best CB on the planet according to some on here & obviously Arteta knows nothing!
I must be honest & confess that while seeing a few promising clips i have never actually seen him play a full game.

However because of the hype & posts on here I was really looking forward to seeing him perform in the Euros. I was super disappointed to find that he didnt even make the bench for France last night.

Whats that, He has not even made the squad?
But even Zouma is in the squad and hes considered a bit of a joke at Chelsea

Deschamps knows nothing!!

Ok maybe he is being held back as he is such an important player for the U21s?

Whats that, He has not actually got a cap for the U21s yet?

But surely that cant be possible as he is one of the finest CBs on the planet & is 20.
The French U21 manager knows nothing!!!

Perhaps we overpaid big time for the kid? Who did the deal,
Was it Don Raul who overpaid for pepe?
mmn 😉
Yeah after all his competition at Arsenal in Rob Holding, Calum Chambers, Pablo Mari are all having excellent Euros as well. Despite being classed as senior pros in their mid to late 20s.

The same French side who didn't pick him have Konate, Liverpools latest signing and partner for VVD, playing under 21 football despite him being 22. A full 2 years more than Saliba. Upamencano another defender who has gotten rave reviews also 22 is also playing under 21 football. Must make him a really bad player because Zouma is ahead of him in the senior squad.

It seems its what the French do. Unless you are a freak like Mbappe or Varane you're given time.

Maybe Saliba will be world class. Maybe he will be crap. But he's been an Arsenal player for 2 years and hasn't kicked a ball for the senior side. And by all accounts looks like it will be another loan next year.

My issue is it is clear when you listen to Mikel talk about him he's extremely uncomfortable. Its weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom