• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I watched a bit of Saliba against Rennes, he did some good stuff, also did stuff good stuff in the game against PSG, but in that game he gave the ball away and Mbappe almost scored, and today he gave the ball away and Rennes directly scored from it. Clear mistake. Nice won but their other CB should have been sent off but wasnt, so on another day they don't win and his mistake is a factor in it.

So nothing's changed really, he's doing good stuff, strides about like a colossus, but he is making mistakes.

Sounds a bit like Gabriel then, very difficult to play 2 new centre backs at once...can maybe see another loan for next season for Saliba.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

All in all a really pointless loan unless the plan is definitely to sell him. I watched him boss Lyon last season and by all accounts that was a regular occurrence for him. They know what he can do in France or they wouldn't have signed him. A club planning on keeping him would have loaned him to another English team I feel.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I love how people watch for his mistakes as to justify his treatment when we watch Rob Holding every week.

Not like we are fighting for the title was nothing wrong giving him games here and there whilst he was here.

Not watching for his mistakes, just watching him, he does great stuff, received a bad pass from a teammate with opposition players aroun him at one point and just breezed out of it, very commanding. But he also passed it directly to a striker who collected it and scored.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

You know what would have been perfect, if we could have loaned William to a Brentford at the start of the season...agree that another French league loan seemed redundant.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Probably best to loan him to Huddersfield next season. It is all well and good to loaf around on the Promenade des Anglais in the spring...but some swimming in the Colne (the proper River Colne that is) in December would make a man of him.

Breezy

Sounds a bit like Gabriel then, very difficult to play 2 new centre backs at once...can maybe see another loan for next season for Saliba.

I’d like to see the club recall Mavropanos and loan Saliba out for another season. Preferably to a premier league or Bundesliga club though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Do any of these clean sheets etc really matter though?

I’ve not seeing enough of him to form a proper opinion on him other than to confirm that he is an outstanding athlete. But all these reports and tweets… It’s just... nothing. People that want to believe we’re making some massive mistake by leaving him in France will obviously make the most of it but we all know clean sheets, interceptions, Nice’s league position etc means the square route of nada. Until he playing for us here in England, every bit of info on him is worthless.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

In the grand scheme, in that league and that team no. However Al said something incorrect trying to insinuate something (I’m guessing) and I challenged it.

No shock to anybody, I watch the French league a bit and Saliba has been doing very well. You’re right, these tweets mean nothing.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Man, you're really not going to disagree with anything Arteta does will you.
Not true.

But I'm just one of the rare ones who doesn't make a big deal about Saliba. Seems a good talent, just trust Arteta's judgment on it. I have the feeling he has some attitude issues (based on how he deals with the media and other events).

shoot for the top

I’ve not seeing enough of him to form a proper opinion on him other than to confirm that he is an outstanding athlete. But all these reports and tweets… It’s just... nothing. People that want to believe we’re making some massive mistake by leaving him in France will obviously make the most of it but we all know clean sheets, interceptions, Nice’s league position etc means the square route of nada. Until he playing for us here in England, every bit of info on him is worthless.

Yet playing in the U23s matters?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom