<

William Saliba (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by yousif_arsenal, Oct 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweet'n'Soulful

Sweet'n'Soulful Well-Known Member

Should have gone to the championship really, but I really doubt he'd have been up for that. Nice is Nicer.

Red London likes this.
  2. bingobob

bingobob A-M’s Resident Hunskelper Trusted

A move that gets him playing hopefully uninterrupted for a few months. Comes back after we've had a clear out and is integrated properly into the squad.

He is young and we've spent a lot of money on him. Some patience is required from him and the fans. And I include myself in that.

3. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

He is done here already imo....loan to france indicates he is put on the window to showcase his skills. Going back to france does nothing in terms of him getting used to english football. . We will be where we are now in 6 months with him having zero english football experience

4. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

That certainly would have been my preferred option for sure.

HollandGooner likes this.
  5. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Why the hell would we sign another CB like Gabriel, we have enough young developing CBs. Young promising CBs are ten a penny these days, every transfer window there's a new list of them as long as your arm, once you have 2 or 3 you really don't need any more.

If the club wants someone to replace the experience of Luiz/Sokratis/Mustafi(hah), they'd be looking at someone in the 27-30 age range, like when we brought Per in. Someone like Willi Orban or Martin Hinteregger.

El Duderino and Red London like this.
  6. Goonger

Goonger Well-Known Member

To be honest, if Arteta's explanation is true, then they aren't concerned about getting him used to English football, they just want him to have more first team experience in general for his development.

7. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

I think people have become age obsessed. If it was up to them the whole team would be under 23 lool. We could do with a CB who is 26-28 year old with experience

Macho and dashsnow17 like this.
  8. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Agree re cup games and pretty much everything else.

A loan is best for everyone at the moment because he needs as many games as possible. But with two years left.of his contract at the start of next season it's all a notch job at the moment with significant work ahead to rectify

9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.