• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
If by loss you mean death of his mother, its reported in many many places. But you're 100% right, there is no "concrete official" announcement of her passing.

In my experience, when someone passes and there is a lack of clarity in information over what happened the circumstances are often not great.
Even if this is true the club wanted to send him on loan to France/Championship, so the narrative "he isn't playing because he's mourning" looks weak.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Doesn't work that way for every player though, they are all different some are more sensitive than others.

Saying that, there is nothing to suggest Saliba is that way and as time goes on this is increasingly looking like an Arteta problem rather than a Saliba problem.

I'm sure if you asked him if he wanted to start in the next premiership match he'd say yes.

Yeah but if you have any sort of fame you have to know that's what comes with the territory. Might as well quit football if you're gonna let social media trolls get to you, there's no hiding from them even if he doesn't play. I bet people are typing nasty things to him right now before he's even played.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People will need to stay patient with Saliba and ignore all the rumors we don't know what going behind the scenes or training there no doubt he is talented as saka and Martinelli so when everything is ready for him we'll play him

BigPoppaPump

We don’t know how he handles things nor how he’s coping with his personal issues. My point is he needs time and space.

And my point is if he wants to play and think he's ready U23 is bad for his development after playing first team football regularly in France. No one needs to hide him from social media lol.

Manberg

Predator
And my point is if he wants to play and think he's ready U23 is bad for his development after playing first team football regularly in France. No one needs to hide him from social media lol.

U23 football or loan football in France is far less pressure and intensive than competitive Arsenal football. Any football is better for his development than no football.

BigPoppaPump

U23 football or loan football in France is far less pressure and intensive than competitive Arsenal football. Any football is better for his development than no football.

You're just stating the obvious now. I'm saying he can handle the pressure and it's not like he needs to play every game. But if he needs to mourn then don't play him but if he thinks he's ready then he's not playing because Arteta don't think he has the quality yet.

Manberg

Predator
You're just stating the obvious now. I'm saying he can handle the pressure and it's not like he needs to play every game. But if he needs to mourn then don't play him but if he thinks he's ready then he's not playing because Arteta don't think he has the quality yet.

You say he can handle pressure because he’s a professional, but he has played less than 30 football matches at professional level in his career and he is only 19.
I don’t think it’s a matter of quality I think it’s a matter of managing Saliba for both his personal issues and his lack of experience, and waiting for him to mature. The plan was to send him on loan but the loan move fell apart, for whatever administrative reasons.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Even if this is true the club wanted to send him on loan to France/Championship, so the narrative "he isn't playing because he's mourning" looks weak.

I know its sometimes difficult to gauge the authors sentiment from the written word, but this post reads as kinda off key mate.

BigPoppaPump

You say he can handle pressure because he’s a professional, but he has played less than 30 football matches at professional level in his career and he is only 19.
I don’t think it’s a matter of quality I think it’s a matter of managing Saliba for both his personal issues and his lack of experience, and waiting for him to mature. The plan was to send him on loan but the loan move fell apart, for whatever administrative reasons.

I just think it's insulting to him and any other professional footballer to suggest they're hiding from social media trolls, I hold them in a higher regard than that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t get this one. A 19yo moves to another country the loses his mother in what sounds like unexpected circumstances.

Arsenal fans across the Internet bleat about poor man management, failed transfer policies, player not being good enough and that reports of player being unsettled is ‘fake news’

I just can’t tie the two things together. Isn’t the death of your mother a complete showstopper? Am I being a bit soft?
There’s no proof re: his mum passing.

It’s also fuelled by Arteta basically admitting he fxcked up, and then Saliba grumbling about lack of playing time.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

There’s no proof re: his mum passing.

It’s also fuelled by Arteta basically admitting he fxcked up, and then Saliba grumbling about lack of playing time.

I mean reading between the lines of what Ornstein has said seems he has suffered a major bereavement that is difficult to deal with. Its clear Ornstein is choosing his words very carefully and doesn't want to reveal too much personal info.

As per above posts, there are only third hand reports of Saliba grumbling, unless you have some other links.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Closest he’s got to the first team is an appearance in the away crowd in the 2-2 at Watford last season.

Can anyone pls confirm if he took part in the booing of Özil when he was subbed and trudged off?

Doesn't work that way for every player though, they are all different some are more sensitive than others.

Saying that, there is nothing to suggest Saliba is that way and as time goes on this is increasingly looking like an Arteta problem rather than a Saliba problem.

I'm sure if you asked him if he wanted to start in the next premiership match he'd say yes.

From his reaction it's clear that he want's to play and considering his age and the stage he is in that would be logical too. So the question is will Arteta allow him to make his debut soon? I think the club has a responsiblity towards a young player to give him opportunities or let him go to a club where he can.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
From his reaction it's clear that he want's to play and considering his age and the stage he is in that would be logical too. So the question is will Arteta allow him to make his debut soon? I think the club has a responsiblity towards a young player to give him opportunities or let him go to a club where he can.
What a pointless video.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He must be thinking that he made the wrong choice joining us. Playing mid table first team football France come to PL to kick on and is playing with under 23s. Not included in squad and even when we tried to loan him out we failed.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom