• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Tell me how he has been messed around?
19/20

Publicly say Saliba can extend his loan with his boyhood club & play in a huge final for them.

A couple of days later goes back on this & Saliba has to attend as a fan.

20/21

Given the #4 shirt in September... the kid, only 19, knows its relevance... pushed to answer questions on being captain. :lol:

Is then left out of the Europa squad for an injured CB, not used for a single minute in the league & players like Kolasinac / Mustafi (soon to be paid to leave) played at CB in the cups.

During this bizarre no loan six month sit out the fan base start asking questions & we get the 'usual' voices in the media, podcasts, radio shows etc providing reasons. They start bringing up a situation in his personal life as a reason for being left out & a 'not ready' line.

I heard it mentioned on the BBC show by a usual suspect & it was even brought up at a press conference by a journalist ffs. Why is this so public & not shutdown? Why is the player not being protected? It turned into a narrative.

We dont hear much from the player just an pretty sad clip when listing Arsenal players refusing to say Saliba as he has not played.

His friends do talk on socials ... suggesting this is a player absolutely desperate to play.

Fofana-Saliba.jpeg

20/21

Returns from Nice end of June & loaned out to Marseille in early July... no contract bump, no pre season, no chance to impress or save us 50m.

-

We have spent close to 100m on five CBs since signing Saliba & not even given him his debut. This is the French u21 captain, tangibles off the chart & coming up to 100 senior games in French football. 🤷‍♂️

The interview he has given recently are very professional to keep the Arsenal door open but he would be mad to renew deal & lose that power of 24 months on contract.

Goonger

Why you posting here on his many great performances too or just a troll for Tets?

I've certainly posted that I want him back, that I think he has the potential to be a top defender and that I'll be upset if 'Tets' fecks him about further or sells him.

That ok?

Malky

Established Member
Again I'm so disappointed by these called Arsenal fans celebrating his mistake. What wrong with you.

From watching him today he still very weak at marking players from crosses he don't see who is in box or who running behind him. About mistake in goal it's poor he reacted slow in offside trap.

That's why we send him on loan to develop further. by the most French pundits journalists opinion he having good season
I'd agree with you here if it wasn't for the fact we only sent him on loan so we could replace him with a £50M Ben White who does the exact same thing, despite being older, and "premier league experienced ".
As things stand we'd have been better spending that £50m on a CM (Neves?) and letting Saliba develop here alongside Gabriel. Would we really be any worse off? I mean look at the way Jota violated White for his goal in the league cup, not a chance does Saliba let him run through him like that.

GLITCH

19/20

Publicly say Saliba can extend his loan with his boyhood club & play in a huge final for them.

A couple of days later goes back on this & Saliba has to attend as a fan.

20/21

Given the #4 shirt in September... the kid, only 19, knows its relevance... pushed to answer questions on being captain. :lol:

Is then left out of the Europa squad for an injured CB, not used for a single minute in the league & players like Kolasinac / Mustafi (soon to be paid to leave) played at CB in the cups.

During this bizarre no loan six month sit out the fan base start asking questions & we get the 'usual' voices in the media, podcasts, radio shows etc providing reasons. They start bringing up a situation in his personal life as a reason for being left out & a 'not ready' line.

I heard it mentioned on the BBC show by a usual suspect & it was even brought up at a press conference by a journalist ffs. Why is this so public & not shutdown? Why is the player not being protected? It turned into a narrative.

We dont hear much from the player just an pretty sad clip when listing Arsenal players refusing to say Saliba as he has not played.

His friends do talk on socials ... suggesting this is a player absolutely desperate to play.

Fofana-Saliba.jpeg

20/21

Returns from Nice end of June & loaned out to Marseille in early July... no contract bump, no pre season, no chance to impress or save us 50m.

-

We have spent close to 100m on five CBs since signing Saliba & not even given him his debut. This is the French u21 captain, tangibles off the chart & coming up to 100 senior games in French football. 🤷‍♂️

The interview he has given recently are very professional to keep the Arsenal door open but he would be mad to renew deal & lose that power of 24 months on contract.
It's stuff like this why I well never like Arteta. He's a small man, both in stature and behaviour.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
If Gabriel keeps making mistakes, he will be back and starting next season at some point solidifying is spot in the team.

All of this other stuff is hyperbolic moaning.

Goonger

Gabriel, White, Saliba and Mavropanos might just have been the best 4 CBs combined in the entirety of Europe

In particular, when we look at it for quality in depth and potential.
Not even starting with Tomiyasu as another capable CB on top of that.

Would have been insane

Yeah, in a club with a history of poor deals, that Mavropanos deal must be up there in the history of shocking deals.

All I can see is downsides, is there even actually any upside of pre organising a deal with the buyout clause that small?!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'd agree with you here if it wasn't for the fact we only sent him on loan so we could replace him with a £50M Ben White who does the exact same thing, despite being older, and "premier league experienced ".
As things stand we'd have been better spending that £50m on a CM (Neves?) and letting Saliba develop here alongside Gabriel. Would we really be any worse off? I mean look at the way Jota violated White for his goal in the league cup, not a chance does Saliba let him run through him like that.
That true about similar quality but imo we needed Saliba and White anyway because quality and depth isn't good enough don't look at white fee because he English and international his value gone from 30-35M to 50M automatic. I think it's important to have 3 quality cb look at Liverpool or Man city for example Van dijk Matip and Konate man city Stones Diaz and Laporte. Next season Saliba will be big part specially if we qualified to Europe we already made space for him.

To be fair also our fans unforgiven if Saliba start here and turn out a bust we'll be in big trouble and our fans will destroy his confidence the loan is important for him but for me i would have preferred in PL either way all our current center backs having great season 20+ clean sheets combined.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
To be fair also our fans unforgiven if Saliba start here and turn out a bust we'll be in big trouble and our fans will destroy his confidence the loan is important for him but for me i would have preferred in PL either way all our current center backs having great season 20+ clean sheets combined.
Our fans have years of expertise dealing with complete failures. If Saliba can pass the ball without falling over, it would already make him one of the best players over the past 5 years.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It's stuff like this why I well never like Arteta. He's a small man, both in stature and behaviour.

Yes I think the man management issues have been the number 1 problem I've had with Arteta. If they didn't exist then I would be much more forgiving of him.

And sure for each individual player you could present reasons and explanations for what's occurred. They might be a stretch but they are there.

However, I never get the feeling that we've dealt with the situation in the best way we could. Guendouzi, Saliba, Mav even Auba, AMN, Pepe.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Gabriel, White, Saliba and Mavropanos might just have been the best 4 CBs combined in the entirety of Europe

In particular, when we look at it for quality in depth and potential.
Not even starting with Tomiyasu as another capable CB on top of that.

Would have been insane
I'm not sure if Mavro is suited to playing out from the back tbh. Personally, I think Tomiyasu is a better CB for us than Mavro.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom