• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Loaning him out would be pointless. Loads of cup games to play and Kos will break down after a few games, Sokratis will get a red etc. Plus he can watch Mustafi in training and learn what not to do.
I really hope Mustafi + Elneny are gone before our new signings settle in, I don't want that mid table ability brushing onto anyone.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nothing incredible in that clip, but then you look at his age, he was 17 in some of those clips. :eek:

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don’t know who he is. However I hope that I will be pretending I knew him for years when he comes good.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Nothing incredible in that clip, but then you look at his age, he was 17 in some of those clips. :eek:

You know he's a good player when you're watching clips of a defender and you barely see them diving in for tackles.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
The most exciting rumour so far this summer.

Why we aren't making a deal for him for summer 2020? (like Barca did with De Jong).

They would have him one more year, he could develop and it wouldn't influence our transfer budget for this season.

Judasviking

Well, that's just total bullshit but seems to be the official narrative of this ridiculous forum.

Yeah, I get the frustration but the fact is we finished 5th in the best league in the world, 1 point behind a team that went all the way to the CL final. We also played in the Europa League final. If our defenders were the worst in the world, which is pretty much what your hyperbolic statement suggests, none of that would've happened.

I don't think anybody disagrees that Mustafi has been a major disappointment and that we need an upgrade. And, yes, the same goes for a few other positions as well but the unfortunate truth is that our players, even the most frustrating ones, are not ****, average, poverty, garbage or what ever happens to be the flavor of the month term people use. They're seasoned professionals with CVs most youth players can only dream of achieving. Therefore, it's ridiculous to suggest we can just go out and buy any player and it is an immediate improvement on what we already have. I'd love it if that was true, but it's not and I certainly hope our club management is not that naiive.

That said, I admit I have no clue about how ready Saliba is, and I am excited about the possibility of us signing him since his potential seems to be very high. However, generally 18 year old CBs are not finished articles and rushing young players isn't advisable.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How does a 6 month loan help St Etienne? Then they have to replace him in the difficult January window

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Loan away is better than not signing at all but I don't like it. It will be like us crying out for a winger last year with one out on loan.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We will sign him without a loan, got faith in dumb and dumber.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The most exciting rumour so far this summer.

Why we aren't making a deal for him for summer 2020? (like Barca did with De Jong).

They would have him one more year, he could develop and it wouldn't influence our transfer budget for this season.
One of the articles said they want the deal done this summer, so they can have more to spend in this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom