• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Even if you take the lower end of the signing on bonus, 5M, then this becomes a 20M plus deal.

I’ll guess it’s a bigger signing on bonus as Willian is worth more than 5M in the market, closer to 10M atleast. I’m sure these numbers will eventually leak out, they always do.

Amy Lawrence totally exposed the Luiz deal, but we had to wait 6 months for her article.

Why the hell are you using his wages here. You don't even know what a free transfer is and didn't answer to me.

Any player with similar abilities you get will have similar wages. It is not an argument.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Even if you take the lower end of the signing on bonus, 5M, then this becomes a 20M plus deal.

I’ll guess it’s a bigger signing on bonus as Willian is worth more than 5M in the market, closer to 10M atleast. I’m sure these numbers will eventually leak out, they always do.

Amy Lawrence totally exposed the Luiz deal, but we had to wait 6 months for her article.
A 20M deal is still only about 6-7M a year. Still great value for money for a player of his quality.

Him being a free makes this great value for money, no matter how you try to paint it imo, at least for the first two years anyway.

What was the Luiz deal? I didn’t see that.

drippin

Luiz is on 190k a week wtf.

I'd like some sources when such statements are made. I only found out about these kind of wages.

"Luiz signed a one-year extension last week and Arsenal confirmed the news alongside the permanent signings of loan duo Mari and Soares. Some Arsenal fans were baffled with the decision to keep hold of 32-year-old Luiz, who earned around £120,000 a week at the club.

But Telegraph claim Luiz agreed to a huge salary reduction to stay at Arsenal and his decision allowed Arsenal to push ahead with deals to secure Mari and Soares on a permanent basis."

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/27/david-luiz-arsenal-pablo-mari-cedric-soares-transfers-12912894/

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Telegraph claim Luiz agreed to a huge salary reduction to stay at Arsenal and his decision allowed Arsenal to push ahead with deals...

gcat9.jpg

...to secure Mari and Soares on a permanent basis."

HHThDbs.png

GDeep™

League is very weak
A 20M deal is still only about 6-7M a year. Still great value for money for a player of his quality.

Him being a free makes this great value for money, no matter how you try to paint it imo, at least for the first two years anyway.

What was the Luiz deal? I didn’t see that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why the hell are you using his wages here. You don't even know what a free transfer is and didn't answer to me.

Any player with similar abilities you get will have similar wages. It is not an argument.
You said we ‘signed’ him for free, which we didn’t as there is a signing on bonus involved. Obviously there was no ‘transfer’ fee between Arsenal and Chelsea.

I'd like some sources when such statements are made. I only found out about these kind of wages.

"Luiz signed a one-year extension last week and Arsenal confirmed the news alongside the permanent signings of loan duo Mari and Soares. Some Arsenal fans were baffled with the decision to keep hold of 32-year-old Luiz, who earned around £120,000 a week at the club.

But Telegraph claim Luiz agreed to a huge salary reduction to stay at Arsenal and his decision allowed Arsenal to push ahead with deals to secure Mari and Soares on a permanent basis."

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/27/david-luiz-arsenal-pablo-mari-cedric-soares-transfers-12912894/

Are people still falling for Kia dark magics? Why?

If that salary reduction is not just a blatant lie then we can be 100% sure that Luiz got a huge signing on bonus for his last contract. Raul was sacked for making bad deals like that.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You said we ‘signed’ him for free, which we didn’t as there is a signing on bonus involved. Obviously there was no ‘transfer’ fee between Arsenal and Chelsea.
You know what he meant man. :lol:

drippin

I always have said "free signing" or "free transfer" about Willian. You can quote me if not.

(Even if you find such quote, one must be pretty slow in the mind not to understand what I am talking about.)

Every free transfer has a signing bonus if you didn't know that either. It's not an argument unless it's much more expensive than other similar deals.

drippin

Are people still falling for Kia dark magics? Why?

If that salary reduction is not just a blatant lie then we can be 100% sure that Luiz got a huge signing on bonus for his last contract. Raul was sacked for making bad deals like that.

Well we are not for sure falling for your "dark magics" when you don't have any sources for your suggestions.

"Blatant lie" ffs. How is that the basis for estimating this which is reported?

Well we are not for sure falling for your "dark magics" when you don't have any sources for your suggestions.

I'm not using dark magics, just common sense. We all know what Raul and Kia were doing, Amy Lawrence reported the first deal with Luis. He is not taking a wage cut for another year unless of massive signing on bonus. Hopefully, Amy will report his second contract here too. The first one cost the club 24 M.

You know what he meant man. :lol:

The transfer fee was 8 M. I don't know why people think Luiz was free to transfer? Then you have to account into all the fees we paid Kia, Amy Lawrence did a very good report on it not long ago. Overall the 1 year deal for Luiz cost the club around 24 M.

GDeep™

League is very weak

I just posted the link to the Luiz deal. Amy Lawrence is the most respected Arsenal related journalist in the country, up there with David Ornstein anyway.

drippin

The transfer fee was 8 M. I don't know why people think Luiz was free to transfer? Then you have to account into all the fees we paid Kia, Amy Lawrence did a very good report on it not long ago. Overall the 1 year deal for Luiz cost the club around 24 M.

We are not talking about Luiz transfer as being free transfer, but Willian. Does that help?

I'd like good sources for the new Luiz deal too, until that we cannot assume the reported new deal is a "blatant lie", but that the deal is towards that direction.

drippin

I just posted the link to the Luiz deal. Amy Lawrence is the most respected Arsenal related journalist in the country, up there with David Ornstein anyway.

Yes, that is the first year of his deal. We are talking about current deal which is reported that he took a big wage cut after his £120k per week last season.

Trilly claimed it was £190k per week without any sources.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Talking about Willian. In Willian thread!

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom