• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

So what do we do with him then?

Based on the clubs experiences with overpaid unwanted players in the past. Is there a way this can turn into a positive? Or too far gone?

Legend14

Established Member
We were 4-0 up and we need to get him confident and producing. Pepe is more important and Martinelli has forever.
Not the right approach. The team needs confidence, consistency, and momentum. We are not going to sacrifice that for a person who shows no interest.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Based on the clubs experiences with overpaid unwanted players in the past. Is there a way this can turn into a positive? Or too far gone?
Stuck with him we shouldn't have got him at all he not look a guy that try and go to other team even China limit thier wage gap

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Offer him a free transfer elsewhere. Or just pray he gets homesick really quick. Kia needs to move him on.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think he even more interested in managing the restaurant he own in London than improving his form at Arsenal

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
You can see the thinking with him coming on. 4-0 up, open game, chance to break his duck. But **** me, his confidence is non existent. Other than that pass into Saka (he was offside) where he hit the post, he did nothing but give the ball away.

I don’t know what happens from here with him. I really don’t. Our attacking options are all looking promising rn, he’s gonna struggle.

simba

Manberg Again
Arteta’s trying to encourage Willian, it’s just not working. If Willian was disrespectful or not trying hard then Arteta wouldn’t play him. But that’s not the case. He’s trying but everything is coming off badly. Arteta’s going to keep trying to encourage Willian but I think he should admit defeat, and admit to himself that this signing has gone badly, which is ok. Every manager makes dud signings.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I think he even more interested in managing the restaurant he own in London than improving his form at Arsenal

The same applies to Luiz though.

Which is why I don't get Willian even more. He and Luiz have a close bond and the same mentality.

YET

While the David Luiz we got is a declining version of his past we still definitely got David Luiz on the pitch. Yes, he makes mistakes. He did that at Chelsea too. Yes, he can play longballs and help out. He did that for us too. He was important in our FA-Cup last season.

On the other hand, we definitely didn't get Willian. Whole different player on the pitch than he was at Chelsea. Just terrible.

That's what's so frustrating for me. I just can't figure out what's the problem exactly. If it was just a retirement thing, you'd expect Luiz to be the same or set him straight.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The same applies to Luiz though.

Which is why I don't get Willian even more. He and Luiz have a close bond and the same mentality.

YET

While the David Luiz we got is a declining version of his past we still definitely got David Luiz on the pitch. Yes, he makes mistakes. He did that at Chelsea too. Yes, he can play longballs and help out. He did that for us too. He was important in our FA-Cup last season.

On the other hand, we definitely didn't get Willian. Whole different player on the pitch than he was at Chelsea. Just terrible.

That's what's so frustrating for me. I just can't figure out what's the problem exactly. If it was just a retirement thing, you'd expect Luiz to be the same or set him straight.
yes agree with you Willian seem just not interested at all. guy was important in all chelsea titles since he joining not sure what happen last 6 months never seen this kind of decline before.

GDeep™

League is very weak
As a starter he clearly has nothing to offer, but the club and management will be hoping he finds some confidence and becomes that old head off the bench.

The only way is up if you think about it, he is so bad atm that you can’t get anymore worse, he’s hit rock bottom.

You question his hunger maybe, guy could have switched off after leaving a top club like Chelsea.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If an MLS club comes in for him with decent wages I’m sure he’ll willing leave.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hard to see a way we get him out of the club unless some weird bid from the middle East or somewhere comes in offering him a branch of his restaurant in Dubai and a fat paycheck

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hard to see a way we get him out of the club unless some weird bid from the middle East or somewhere comes in offering him a branch of his restaurant in Dubai and a fat paycheck

Not even that will take him away, lad's won the lotery here.

His family is all in London, wife, kids, everything. He's not going to raise his children in Dubai.

It's pray for Corinthians to qualify for the Libertadores the season after next to try and get him on the last year of his contract.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom