• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
For me Willian is on Edu's head and kinda shows that Edu isn't prepared to challenge the coach.

Go back to the beginning of last summer. Arteta says he wants to sign Willian. As Edu you've got to be saying "No Mikel, it's only one year since we spent 70m on Pepe, he's had some good form recently, we've got to make it work with him". Instead he acquiesced and agreed a deal for another RW that would inevitably mean less minutes for Pepe.

Now to be clear, Pepe is not Messi, Willian or no Willian he'd still be a flawed player, but he's not reaching his potential cos he's not on the pitch enough, and he's not on the pitch cos Willian was brought in on a big wage. That's Edu's fault.

Not to mention the fact the whole thing has completely torpedoed Nelson, who would have been back-up RW if Pepe had just continued as first choice.

As a fan it's hard to find much hope. You can sack Arteta but then you still have Edu who's making mistakes, you can sack Edu but then you still have a deeply flawed squad, you can change the players but then you still have Kroenke as the owner, who doesn't care.

At no level of the club can you point to someone and say "I trust that person to be successful here".

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
For me Willian is on Edu's head and kinda shows that Edu isn't prepared to challenge the coach.

Go back to the beginning of last summer. Arteta says he wants to sign Willian. As Edu you've got to be saying "No Mikel, it's only one year since we spent 70m on Pepe, he's had some good form recently, we've got to make it work with him". Instead he acquiesced and agreed a deal for another RW that would inevitably mean less minutes for Pepe.

Now to be clear, Pepe is not Messi, Willian or no Willian he'd still be a flawed player, but he's not reaching his potential cos he's not on the pitch enough, and he's not on the pitch cos Willian was brought in on a big wage. That's Edu's fault.

Not to mention the fact the whole thing has completely torpedoed Nelson, who would have been back-up RW if Pepe had just continued as first choice.

As a fan it's hard to find much hope. You can sack Arteta but then you still have Edu who's making mistakes, you can sack Edu but then you still have a deeply flawed squad, you can change the players but then you still have Kroenke as the owner, who doesn't care.

At no level of the club can you point to someone and say "I trust that person to be successful here".
These kind of signings you don't make when you rebuild because it's wrong i don't mind experience specially PL experience but he on alot of money it was totally wrong signing.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Only a fuvking idiot would have started Willian ahead of Pepe in a game at home against the type of opposition where Pepe scores for fun. There is a reason why Mourinho liked Willian so much and it’s not because he’s the type of player to score goals against weak opposition in the EL.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Only a fuvking idiot would have started Willian ahead of Pepe in a game at home against the type of opposition where Pepe scores for fun. There is a reason why Mourinho liked Willian so much and it’s not because he’s the type of player to score goals against weak opposition in the EL.

It is honestly mind-numbingly unbelievable.

When I saw Willian in the starting line up I just laughed and shook my head. What kind of manager would sabotage himself so much?

Why do it? Well, clearly whatever idea or fantasy Arteta has in his head is more important that looking with his eyes and seeing what would actually work.

Saka, Auba, Pepe up top up with ESR behind, give them a little freedom and blitz them, it's really so simple. Or even have Saka at LB and bring Martinelli to the left, have Saka playing high and just smash them.

Nope nope nope, let's slow it down with the master controller Willian.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was playing great... and then he was dropped.

If you have no time for both Mikel and Willian, you wont acknowledge that fact, because you'll have to give credit to one to discredit the other.

Normal AM sh!thouse dilemma's! 🐍

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

If you have no time for both Mikel and Willian, you wont acknowledge that fact, because you'll have to give credit to one to discredit the other.

laugh.gif

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd

He’s been awful this season.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
He was in form before he was dropped. Everyone noted it, but conveniently want to forget it for some reason.
Had a good game at Leicester, Rest of the games he’s been pants or average at best. He shouldn’t be starting for us at all, he offers nothing and looks like he can’t be arsed. His minutes should be going to Pepe, Nelson, Martinelli etc..Decent player for Chelsea, but he’s been gash since he arrived here. Been a horrendous signing.

TinFish

Had a good game at Leicester, Rest of the games he’s been pants or average at best. He shouldn’t be starting for us at all, he offers nothing and looks like he can’t be arsed. His minutes should be going to Pepe, Nelson, Martinelli etc..Decent player for Chelsea, but he’s been gash since he arrived here. Been a horrendous signing.
Hit the nail on the head. One of the worst, most expensive signings in Arsenal's history. Chelsea can legitimately claim that they finished off their rival club with this signing. Baffling.

As I said before, it makes no sense playing a player on a downward trajectory like Wilian, when you have players who can only get better (Pepe, Martinelli, Nelson etc.) who are benched.

On the plus side the more he persists with Willian the faster he will be sacked.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So glad we scored just after he came on (which he had no part in) reckon if we didn't they definitley would have made it 1-1...he just lowers the hope I have for the team more than any other player we have, really dislike him.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom