<

Willian: Third Time's The Charm

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

?

He was poor today.

Dynamic likes this.
  2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

He had some decent moments in the first half.

3. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Hugely frustrating performance, but I've a few mates who support Chelsea and judging by what I've heard from them when he was at Chelsea he has a tendency to this. Some games he produces, a lot of other games he can be frustrating.

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think at first half he was decent should've got assist the 2nd half like most of our attack gone quite

5. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I thought he was largely OK, not sure why people think he was bad. Petered out heavily in the 2nd half but he was positive in the 1st. Just feel like the players aren't quite on his wavelength yet, and he like the others tried to force it as much as possible and ended up giving away the ball.

6. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

Looked most likely to make things happen in the first half and but faded in the 2nd half.

MartiSaka and James Bond like this.
  7. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Reluctant to shoot for some reason. Has a good shot on him, hope he gathers confidence back in terms of shooting

8. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Sums it up, too many of our players were just ok or borderline poor and it culminated in the performance we saw.

9. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Didn't do anything today in a poor team performance

10. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Yeah I’ve been told about this as well. Difficult to know if this was one of those days though as the whole team was poor.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  11. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Thought he was good today myself, arguably our best player although that’s not saying much.

He plays the correct pass in the build up and can carry the ball. He’s not going to play really incisive final balls like Cesc but he has a skill set no one else in our team has.

We looked very poor once he came off. We really need Aouar though so we can add to him.

Beksl, truth_hurts, Camron and 2 others like this.
  12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

He was one of our better players in the 1st half. And some of his runs in the 2nd half were good but our passes from deep were really bad.

13. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

So he's the brazilian Mkhi?

celestis likes this.
  14. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

thought he was poor and also got tired pretty soon

15. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

If I speak.....

El Duderino likes this.
  16. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

brings stability to our lineup. Saw him more then once being the first midfielder to run back to help defense
    does those little things that are so crucial, yet, often those samw ones are easily overlooked

Rex Banter likes this.
  17. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

thought he tried to make things happen and was our best player in the 1st half. went missing in the 2nd.

18. moloso

moloso Active Member

This is what we are going to get from Willian - decent and tidy in possession, can be a threat with a some space/on the counter but he's not a massive difference maker on his own.

Bit too much praise last week for 3 "assists" and probably a bit too much criticism for last night's performance.

19. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Yeah agree with this. He’s a neat and tidy player as in he can carry the ball well and play the correct pass to advance a move 9 times out of 10.

He’s not a difference maker in terms of incredible final balls or dribbling past two or three players but we don’t have anyone like him in our squad who can do that.

The assists last week needed the strikers to do a bit of work but this isn’t news. He offers you a 7/10 performance every game with his work rate and intelligence but it’s rare you get much higher than that.

For a free signing I’m more than happy with that.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    moloso likes this.
  20. moloso

moloso Active Member

Yep, agree with that - wasn't so much slating his assists, more so pointing out that there wasn't much difference in his 2 performances.

Rex Banter likes this.