• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,791

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Don’t forget we’re linked with Kurzawa too. Not a top player. When you potentially combine these deals, on paper looks a poor window and not one that is going to kick you on.
We’re also linked with Partey and some Brazilian wonderkids though.

Can’t believe I have to say this, but we should wait to see what the club actually do before getting angry / ecstatic.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Everyone including Orny last year said we didnt have 40 or 50m to buy Zaha.

We then ended up :

Signing the second highest goal scoring winger in Europe only behind Messi in Pepe for 70m.

Signing one the most coveted CBS in Europe for 30m in Saliba.

A very highly rated LB in Tierney for 25m.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’re also linked with Partey and some Brazilian wonderkids though.

Can’t believe I have to say this, but we should wait to see what the club actually do before getting angry / ecstatic.
Who is getting angry? We’re on a forum, what do you want to discuss? It’ll be abit boring in here if we all just held our thoughts until the transfer went through, or all tried to be measured and reasonable like @Tom349 or @MutableEarth.

Anyway, whatever negativity or caution is built up from poor business of previous years and constant poor links this summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we don’t sign someone like this we will go into the season with only Özil as an option at no.10. There’s not a chance they spend whatever limited funds we have in that area of the pitch. Signing nobody would be worse than signing Willian.

We’re links to that Dutch Turkish kid from Holland.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we're signing Willian I doubt it's to play as a 10. Looking at our attacking plays under Arteta (I posted a video in the Arteta thread like a week or two ago), Özil was involved in absolutely all of the moves with the positions he takes up and his clever passes. Not saying Willian can't play centrally but they're completely different profiles of players. Think under Arteta he'd be used more as a wide option. Also we have ESR to come back so there's another option.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we're signing Willian I doubt it's to play as a 10. Looking at our attacking plays under Arteta (I posted a video in the Arteta thread like a week or two ago), Özil was involved in absolutely all of the moves with the positions he takes up and his clever passes.
@Oxeki thinks Özil is playing because there is nobody else though?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If we're signing Willian I doubt it's to play as a 10. Looking at our attacking plays under Arteta (I posted a video in the Arteta thread like a week or two ago), Özil was involved in absolutely all of the moves with the positions he takes up and his clever passes. Not saying Willian can't play centrally but they're completely different profiles of players. Think under Arteta he'd be used more as a wide option. Also we have ESR to come back so there's another option.

Yep no idea where this number 10 role comes from, he didn't play there once last season and only 5 times this season. Don't think this rumour has any legs bar people using the Kia route to suggest it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Oxeki thinks Özil is playing because there is nobody else though?
That is sadly true. There's no one remotely good enough to play that position currently. Arteta is playing Özil because circumstances is forcing him to

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Well in all fairness, he has played there quite a bit few years back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That is sadly true. There's no one remotely good enough to play that position currently. Arteta is playing Özil because circumstances is forcing him to
Arteta said he is picking players based on attitude, ability, application. I mean a mug like Emery even dropped Özil, granted he had Mikhi but it’s not like Arteta didn’t have options.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Yep no idea where this number 10 role comes from, he didn't play there once last season and only 5 times this season. Don't think this rumour has any legs bar people using the Kia route to suggest it.

Willian this season
FWR - GP 11 G 1 A 3
AMR - GP 5 G 1 A 2
FWL - GP 5 G 1 A0
AMC GP 6 G3 A 1

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Arteta said he is picking players based on attitude, ability, application. I mean a mug like Emery even dropped Özil, granted he had Mikhi but it’s not like Arteta didn’t have options.

What options did he have? Ceballos is the only one and he was injured for ages and then played deeper in midfield. **** all options other than that.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Really dont want an over the hill Willian.

better off going for Mertens if thats what we’re aiming for

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What options did he have? Ceballos is the only one and he was injured for ages and then played deeper in midfield. **** all options other than that.
Yh, in terms of No.10 we only have Özil. Willock and Ceballos aren’t No.10s

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Well then it wouldn't be as great a signing to me. I don't think he's completely shot or anything but does he represent enough of a step-up from the youngsters that we can take that kind of punt - even on a free? I'd rather give the youngsters that time instead to get them more experience and confidence for the future but hopefully we use him rotationally if he comes in.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Signing Willian will be a terrible mistake. He's going to turn into a bum in no time.

Guys like @GDeep™ championing the signing will use it as another stick to beat Raul and Vinai

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Willian is not a number 10 anyway.
He's a wide playmaker/wide forward that have a very low productivity.

Nice work rate though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom