• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,321

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter

This guy was spot on for our transfers over summer.

He’s a good player on a free, but we don’t really need him and I don’t think he’s worth a huge salary.

Thankfully I can’t see him picking us over United / PSG if money is what he wants.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Shouldn't we target more younger player? Willian isn't bad but guy 31 years old he won't improve us tell kia no.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

He’s a good player on a free, but we don’t really need him and I don’t think he’s worth a huge salary.

Thankfully I can’t see him picking us over United / PSG if money is what he wants.

Doesn't he play RW though? When he's played centrally he's a bit too vertival for the style that Arteta wants played.

Plus, he wants to stay in London, considers it his second home. Wife and kids love it there.

Aaaand, he's a Kia player.

Scenes when @Hunta thinks we're getting Coutinho, but Kia is offloading his lower tier clients to us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't he play RW though? When he's played centrally he's a bit too vertival for the style that Arteta wants played.

Plus, he wants to stay in London, considers it his second home. Wife and kids love it there.

Aaaand, he's a Kia player.

Scenes when @Hunta thinks we're getting Coutinho, but Kia is offloading his lower tier clients to us.
If he was in mid 20's i won't mind it but 31 years what he'll improve us? Just wasting more money.

El Duderino

If he was in mid 20's i won't mind it but 31 years what he'll improve us? Just wasting more money.

I'm not advocating signing him, but depending on what wages he'd be on, this might not be a bad call if our options are limited. You can't clear out two experienced strikers and sign only 23 year olds.

He'd be a much safer bet than having Mikhitarian back and have much more upside than signing someone like Soares instead of playing AMN there and getting someone to challange Hector in the summer.

Malky

Established Member
If we sign Willian & Coutinho this summer, and we ****ing better not, we might as well rename ourselves as Kia FC because it'll be obvious who's got the most influence and calling the shots here.
Dreadful stuff.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Past it Cech, Luiz and now probably Willian.

Absolute embarrassment when you consider we gave them Cole and let them buy Cesc, both at their peak.

No doubts who the biggest team in London is.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He wants to stay in London though. It's happening.

"If you ask my wife if she wants to leave London, she’ll say no. My daughters feel the same way. Of course, Brazil is Brazil, right? It’s our home, our culture. We always feel good when we go there on holiday and see family and friends. But London is my second home.

"In fact, I recently passed a British citizenship test. Man, it was hard. It’s British history in a nutshell: the 1500s, the 1600s, wars, battles, great leaders, stuff like that. Some questions are so difficult that not even some of my British friends knew the answers!

"I bought this handbook called Life in the UK Test, which covers everything in the exam. I don’t know how many hours I spent reading it. I also downloaded a phone app with mock tests.

"As it turned out, I failed on my first two attempts, but got it on the third. I am now a British citizen!

"So London is where I want to stay. This is where I have my family, my church. I want my daughters to grow up here. Whenever I get back to the dressing room, I want to keep seeing their messages. I want to keep hearing their love and encouragement."

Underhill

Willian is not free. He will have a large sign bonus and bloated wages. Could also be a hefty bonus to the agent.

More excited about Coutinho, for the right fee, but i don't see him wanting to come here.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Willian is a money grab. Move to Arsenal and everyone cashes in, player, agents etc.

I won’t be watching next season if we go down the Willian and Coutinho route, death of Arsenal that.
Look at Barca and Bartemou, lad signs some division 2 slags from Brazil every summer. Raul is doing the same here via Edu.

Worrying times, Kroenke’s will see it too late.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Willian and coutinho would improve us immensely lol

It's crazy to me. Willian is better than all of our wingers and Coutinho would be the best player here. I agree that Willian on a 3 year contract after a hefty signing on fee doesn't make sense, but if we had Coutinho this season, we'd be top 4 now. He's a match winner and we only have one of those these days in PEA.

As if gooners are turning their nose up at Coutinho. It's mad.

El Duderino

We're already reaching peak Brazillian transfer with William. His wife had all her kids in red Adidas outfits, saying that their days are numbered and "those who know, know".

Source: https://www.espn.com.br/video/clip/_/id/6741178

A few takeaways:

1. Please don't dress your children with the same outfits, what the ****.
2. When asked about it, William said that he doesn't know why she posted it.
3. He seems resigned to the fact that he'll be a free agent. Not that he has ever come across anything but shy, but it seemed like he knows Chelsea is at an end.
4. Stop ****ing dressing your children with the same outfit, what in the actual ****.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Issue with Willian is that despite being a good short term option, you are probably offering him a 2/3 year deal which takes him to nearly 35. I don’t know if you want to commit that to a 32-35 year old.

Coutinho I simply don’t rate, you can argue he’s had one top season in his career. Again he’ll be 28 next season and I don’t see the point in committing a big fee for him when smart scouting picks up younger talents.

Wait did we sign the bums Mari and Soares as favor to Kia so later we could sign Coutinho and Willian? :lol: This club can't help it self!

At least Willian is the superior player to Pepe but the worrying sign is that he will start to decline soon and he is hardly a player you sign to make a go at top4 let alone 1st place in PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom