• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 234,799

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The year is 2021 and Arsenal face Chelsea in the EL final after the blues fail to qualify to the knockout stage of the UCL.

William is through on goal with a chance to seal the tie and he fluffs it with a half attemp, Oblak quickly start a counter, Ziech to Pulisic, to Werner, chance, goal! Frank Lampard's first throphy and Arsenal's chance to qualify to the UCL and done yet again!

Kinda. Though I'd say, you can throw trash at Arteta and he'd probably still turn it into gold.

Pretty calm currently, because I just see Arteta only going one way - to success.

Moah

I'm starting to think Abramovich has pocketed some of our directors and etc... Arsenal is looking like the retirement home for chelsea dross.

If this deal goes through it means Arteta has no say in transfer dealings because I can't see him backing this signing. And that means we are in for a ride to bottom of the table.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Signing Benrahma for 20-25M would be better business a 25 years old guy who hungry to prove himself in top level and not on high wages.

Willian almost win it all i don't like to question players attitude because we don't know but i doubt he'll put 100%

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What a signing this is...in 2013.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People think it means no Coutinho. :lol:

Kia has the club by its balls, he’s basically running it instead of that midget Raul.
Coutinho signing make more sense than this Coutinho will play in position we desperately need improvement on. Willian signing make no sense because he'll play in position we got pepe i understand to give pepe more competition but signing younger player would be more helpful

say yes

forum master baiter
Try as I might, I don’t understand why we’d be interested in signing this guy.

I mean he’s a decent player, and his 16 Prem goals & assists this season would rank him second in our squad, so he’s hardly a bum. But he’s also someone on a huge salary at the twilight of his career, when our wage bill is already too high.

Just can’t see any use for him in our squad which would justify the contract he’ll demand. He’s not starting above Pepe on the right, so best case we’re signing him as a rotation wide option.

Now, given that Pep/Arteta’s positional play is all about stretching the pitch and maximising space, I can see why Arteta might like another reliable winger in the squad, but surely we can find someone who’s better value than this guy? Our wage bill is already too high ffs.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Willian, well past his best, 32 next month, Chelsea fans celebrating the fact he may be coming here, 3 year contract. Nah I'm not digging this at all.

If this happens our last 4 signings are Luiz, Cedric, Mari, Willian. It tells you two things, none of them are about long term bridging the gap and two they all have one thing in common.

Shalmaneser V

Brazilians are great footballers, but their league compared to European football is a no match.

Doesn’t matter. You still have to be a good footballer to make it over there.

His old side Flamengo are currently on a par with any PL team that isn’t called Liverpool or Manchester City. They were unlucky against Liverpool in that final. Were probably the better side on the night.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Signing Benrahma for 20-25M would be better business a 25 years old guy who hungry to prove himself in top level and not on high wages.

Willian almost win it all i don't like to question players attitude because we don't know but i doubt he'll put 100%

You was just saying you can’t block a talent like Saka. Make your mind up.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Who's better btw according to AM, Zaha or Willian?

Think not everybody shares that oppinion, but I still think Zaha's numbers would double at a club like Arsenal.

He's not the same guy that failed at United, he'd still have a chance of becoming a top3 winger in the league with Arteta's coaching.

So clearly, Zaha imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom