• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilshere To Play Friendly For Res Vs Birmingham Tomorrow

ebouenolike

Established Member
I purchased a Vermaelen shirt last year, and he missed most the season.

I purchased a Wilshere shirt this year, and he has missed most the season.

As a sacrifice I will purchase either a Squillaci or a Chamakh shirt next season.

Shue

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
bradpittdance.gif
First Class use of an animated gif. Full marks.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:roll: I wasn't understanding the initial jubilation to be honest. It's not like he's ging to be thrown back in for the last four games of the season at best, and it's still all about next season for Jack. I couldn't even give a toss about his participation in the Euros either.

Huraah! :|

Floating

Established Member
The Jury said:
:roll: I wasn't understanding the initial jubilation to be honest. It's not like he's ging to be thrown back in for the last four games of the season at best, and it's still all about next season for Jack. I couldn't even give a toss about his participation in the Euros either.

We're happy to see one of our best players return to fitness after a season-long injury? How could that possibly be construed as underwhelming or neutral news?

ebouenolike

Established Member
He has a chance to contribute, albeit marginally, to our season. He hasn't played a game since July 2011, and it would just be a HUGE boost to get our best midfielder back.

VancouverCanuck

The Jury said:

In this case, since Jack hasn't played a competitive match in 8 months, Euros could be a good opportunity for him to regain match fitness. Also, since he is still young and developing, this is the perfect opportunity for him to play and compete against world class players, which I am sure he can learn from.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Floating said:
The Jury said:

We're happy to see one of our best players return to fitness after a season-long injury? How could that possibly be construed as underwhelming or neutral news?

So I'm meant to drop me load at the thought of Jack maybe getting a few games in at the end of the season? It's not like he's returning from a career threatening injury or anything, and his progress has been well documented. It's no surprise. Of course I'm glad he's nearing a return to playing for us again but, for me, and for what it means for this season, it's 'meh' news.

I'll save my kleenex tissues and five minutes alone for when RvP signs on again!

redwhiteAustrian said:
I assume Jury lost a bet tonight, that's why he's pissed.

:lol: Nope, Shalke and Sporting done me proud tonight :wink: Oooh, errr...

bradpittdance.gif

yuvken

Established Member
Just the thought of Jack Wilshere playing football is jubilation itself. There's nothing to explain here really.

VP? another story (not even relevant).

FunGun

I have no wish for him to risk any injury playing for England. The best case scenario is that he builds up his fitness at Arsenal, plays the pre-season games and be fresh and ready for next season. Also if he gets called up after maybe playing a couple of games it proves how desperate we are nationally.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Absolutely, FunGun. Chances are he'll get slaughtered by all and sundry if has a stinking tournament anyway, so I'd much rather he were put away before letting him take his frustrations out on the rest of the premiership next season.

scytheavatar

Established Member
FunGun said:
I have no wish for him to risk any injury playing for England. The best case scenario is that he builds up his fitness at Arsenal, plays the pre-season games and be fresh and ready for next season. Also if he gets called up after maybe playing a couple of games it proves how desperate we are nationally.

As if anyone doesn't know that England is desperate....

Wouterus

I feel for all the Englishmen, but I can't be to unhappy about it, although it would have been nice to see Wilshere perform at the highest possible level. I just hope he can be fully fit at the start of next season. He will be more eager than ever.

baccy_man

Established Member
A report on the bbc breakfast news said that Jack will not play for us this season and will miss the euro's.

evoh_1

Established Member
too right he if he can't play or train now he cannot go to the euros simple as that he will have a number of major comps to compete in with england through his career and going to this one would jeapordise his future career. Its sensible and measured but I hope he comes back the same player that left before and doesn't go backwards as badly aas ramsey has done post serious injury.

jus2nang

I'm actually of the opinion that if he's fit, then he should go to the Euros.

1) Because he's one of England's best players.

2) As someone said earlier, surely it's better for us if he gets some minutes under his belt, so that he can hit the ground running next season.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom