• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst wenger team

solthegunner

Is this the worst team that wenger has had since he came to arsenal? Every other team that I can think of had some very good redeeming feature.

From the beginning there was seaman and the fantastic back four. Then we had bergkamp and anelka and overmars. We had vieria playing brilliantly. Fred won us the double. With that henry came on. Played fantastic football but we didn’t win the league. Then had probably the greatest domestic season ever.

But right now what…….no good keeper, one good centre back, one consistent midfield player (freddy) and one world class front player. Toure and cygan aren’t looking too good. We know about vieria. Cesc and Flamini are too inexperienced. Pires hasnt been playing well and edu and Gilberto havent been playing full stop. Henry is without a decent partner so far. Bergkamp is looking like his age might have caught up with him. Reyes hasn’t delivered what he promised. There is also a massive lack of depth and there doesn’t seem to be anybody to bring in.

Is it desire, form or quality? So I ask you is this right now the worst team that wenger has had since he arrived?

(Before people start having a go at me I do NOT want wenger to resign, I don’t think we should sack all the players, burn the stadium down, sack the board. I just though it was interesting when somebody said it to me last night and was wondering what other people thought)

marhes26

No..just need a few fresh faces to buck us up.New keeper,Defender,Wright-Phillips and a out and out striker who wont do 150 flash passes when he is in a postion to shoot.

solthegunner

marhes26 said:
No..just need a few fresh faces to buck us up.New keeper,Defender,Wright-Phillips and a out and out striker who wont do 150 flash passes when he is in a postion to shoot.

Im not talking about who we could sign to solve the problem Im talking about right now is this the worst team since wenger arrived.

jay-d

Established Member
NO!!! This team just came of the back of winning the premiership without loosing a game so they don't turn into a bad team in a matter of months :roll:

Spike

Established Member
The worst team which went the whole season unbeaten and unbeaten in 49 games?

Yeah, I think it is. :wink:

solthegunner

Spike said:

So the keepers the same is it? Vierias the same as he was last season? Bergkamps the same? Gilbertos playing regularly?

Its not the same team as last season. Its obviously not. Look at the other posts on this site.....spot the difference from last season?

AFCG7

Established Member
People..he's talking about the team as it stand right now.

The most glaring problem we have is MIDFIELD.

Last year we had four top midfielders who were fit for the most part.

Gilberto Edu Vieira Parlour.

This year we have had available : Gilberto Cesc Edu Flamini..

2 weeks into the season : Gilberto Cesc Flamini. Vieira and Edu injured.

2 weeks later : Vieira in **** form Gilberto Cesc Flamini .

2 weeks later : Vieira in **** form Cesc Flamini. Edu comes back but gets injured straight after..

So here we were since November with a midfiled that looks like : Cesc Flamini and Vieira still in **** form.Gilberto out and Edu crocked.

In other words we had 2 players in the midfield worth a shot Cesc and Flamini because our captain has been **** all season.

We need some serious backup..what the **** is Wenger waiting for?

AFCG7

Established Member
Oh i for got.. Flamini's situation has now become "complicated" ..so he cant play for us.
So we are left with : Vieira in ****E form.. and a very tired looking 17 year old .

patrick42uk

Established Member
definately the midfield is weaker. vieira has had the biggest impact statistically, but apparantly he's been our worst midfielder. cesc has had very little impact statistically, but apparantly he's been our best midfielder. if our 'best' midfielder is having little real impact, through no fault of his own as he is inexperienced, there is obviously big problems in that department. but i disagree this is the worst wenger team overall. our points total so far is probably the second or third highest for this stage of the season in wenger's reign.

Spike

Established Member
solthegunner said:
Spike said:

So the keepers the same is it? Vierias the same as he was last season? Bergkamps the same? Gilbertos playing regularly?

Its not the same team as last season. Its obviously not. Look at the other posts on this site.....spot the difference from last season?

Oh I see, I didn't read the end of your post.

But from our current form, you can say that, but when we're at our best, nobody can argue.

I think the reason why this 'current' team at this moment in time is bad is because of poor form.

Injuries add to the reason.

AFCG7

Established Member
patrick.. the points surely do not lie..but they dont paint a true picture of our performance.
1-1 with Palace and WBA, 2-2 with Saints, 1-1 with City, 1-0 loss to Bolton.
This is not acceptable.

kanuuu

Established Member

Tbh Bergkamp has been pretty crap the last 2/3 seasons since the double. just rarely showing his brilliance. At the beginning if the season it was the best i've seen Bergy play since 98, i dont expect much from Dennis anymore.

solthegunner

kanuuu said:

Tbh Bergkamp has been pretty crap the last 2/3 seasons since the double. just rarely showing his brilliance. At the beginning if the season it was the best i've seen Bergy play since 98, i dont expect much from Dennis anymore.

I think thats a bit unfair, players only really every rarely show brilliance. But i know what you mean. Time is definately not on his side. Its only recently though that I think hes looked so short of 5 yards.

Arnie

the worst team lost 6-1 to united, then finished something like 19 points behind them!!

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom