• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would Anelka be accepted back at Highbury?

br02afc

The headline story of today seems to be Anelkas' 7Million transfer to Fenebache. Doesn't everyone think he would 1, jump at the chance to ome back to our great club despite the circumstances he left in, and 2, he would be accepted back after 10 goals or so.

It seems a lot of good talent is avliable at not too bad-a-price. Morientes is a steel for Liverpool.

Come on Arsenal flex some muscle.

Xanshin

I was actually thinking about this when I heard the Anelka story. I personally would welcome him back. I know that Wenger has said many times that it was always his long-term goal to have Henry and Anelka up-front.

I think there would be those who are skeptical...but I think he'd fit back in pretty well with the team, and I'm sure the fans would get behind him again after a little bit.

Having said that...there are far better strikers out there than Anelka...and ones that could be bought for less than 7 million as well.

marhes26

i wouldnt mind...actually i was watching that Arsenal 501 goals DVD last night and i didnt realise just what a good player he was turning into during his last months at the club...imagine the pace of him and Henry?...cant see it happening though.Wright-Phillips would be my choice of player to bring in at the mo.

JazzG

Established Member
I would never accept him back. The way he walked out on us, refused to train, demanded a transfer, bad mouthed our great club. I won't ever forget these things :evil:

Mark

Established Member
This has come up a lot of times and I still don't think Wenger would take back a player that caused so much trouble here. There are better options anyway.

Taozhe

I think he would not fit into our team well. He can have all the talent in the world but he definitely has a bad attitude and poor history that will ruin team spirit. No way. Look at Lee Bowyer.

sabret00the

Established Member
no tah, i want him at liverpool, i want the games against them to be bigger and hold more than just history and three points, i want the games to hold my despise for him too :lol:

awooga83

Established Member
I wouldn't want to see him back after all the trouble we had he has made it impossible for himself to return

A

Anonymous

i personally believe we should get him. we have seen time and time again we need another alternative to henry. if henry ever gets injured we are ****ed.

wenger defenitly needs to buy as the palyers are jaded and at time inapt.

he is bringing the great club down because of stubburness in not bring in experienced re-forcements.

You guys might get pissed in me saying that, but i think our problems are showing because of this idiotic lack of getting class back ups in key area.

all the news of getting another midfielder is bullshit, we need a another class striker and a class defender.

chelsea success is not only due to bucket full of money, it because they have a coach who see that they need backups in key area. It was basically the same team that ranier bought. morinho bought drobga & calvilho

i said my piece. sorry!!!

Jinn

Established Member
But why Anelka?

For footballing reasons, yes, but as a person, as somebody who treated the club like ****... No way.

JazzG

Established Member
sammy, I see what your getting at but Chelsea have a squad made up by spending well over £200mill in the last 2 or so years. I think some people need to understand we can't afford to spend that much on players, they have players like Parker, Geremi and Johnson on the bench and just those 3 cost them like £23mill.

Wenger would love to spend £7mill on a squad player, trust me he would. But he can't and we don't have much money as it is, that is why we have to rely on youth.

You can't compare our squad to Chelsea, we don't have that kind of money.

itisme

From what i cane see it isn't doing them many favours having lots of money anyway, i mean come on, they are only 7 points ahead, we seem to be managing fine with what money we have if you ask me...not that i'm saying more money wouldn't be useful :wink:

gooner#1

sammy said:
i personally believe we should get him. we have seen time and time again we need another alternative to henry. if henry ever gets injured we are f*d.

wenger defenitly needs to buy as the palyers are jaded and at time inapt.

he is bringing the great club down because of stubburness in not bring in experienced re-forcements.

You guys might get pissed in me saying that, but i think our problems are showing because of this idiotic lack of getting class back ups in key area.

all the news of getting another midfielder is bullshit, we need a another class striker and a class defender.

chelsea success is not only due to bucket full of money, it because they have a coach who see that they need backups in key area. It was basically the same team that ranier bought. morinho bought drobga & calvilho

i said my piece. sorry!!!

Well Wenger isnt Stubborn.He just dosnt have the money to buy top class players.Thats what makes him so great-he turns no bodies into world class stars.

Back to the topic, I would say no mainly because of the talent we have here.They deserve their chance .

Arsenal316

Mark my words, Anelka will NEVER wear the Arsenal jersey ever again. I don't want him here, neither does Wenger. End of story.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom