• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would be "Spectacular" if Henry joined Barca -Cesc

hujja

Established Member
CESC IS NOT OVERRATED!!!

:x

How fickle can some fans get here? He's already one of the best midfielders in the Prem! And he's nowhere near hitting his peak!!

Cesc also came from Barcelona in case anyone forgot. Barca was his childhood club. Of course he'd love for great things to happen to his club.

And of course the way the article has been worded, it's looks like it's been blown completely out of proportion. The report from Skysports looks much more accurate and if anything he's simply stating what all of us are thinking.

I applaud him for coming out and saying that. It's nice to see the players feeling the same way the fans are.

A

Anonymous

Cescs comments on chelsea are stupid -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 63,00.html

Chelsea, United, Westham, Sp**s, Liverpool and even Wigan play much better football than us. They all creat much more chances. What the **** is Cesc calling Chelsea boring for? Does he not realise its more boring to watch a team ponce about a pitch for 90minutes creating nothing and wimping out of tackles.

Walcott_is_our_savior

Tegh said:
*taps mic and clears throat*

Eh-hem.

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the annual dumbfuc|< of the year ceremony. We trust you've so far enjoyed the evening, and hope that the food was up to scratch. If you could all please direct yourselves to the far left side of the hall you'll see our mini bar, now selling champagne and red wine at a discount price.

You all know why you're here, for the last 10years we've been hosting this awards bash, and it's been a growing success, something we couldn't have done without you guys.

Enough of the chit-chat, lets get down to business. Without further adue, the nominations are;

Shadow Moses,
Shadow Moses,
Shadow Moses,
and last, but by no means the least,
Shadow Moses.

And, the winner is...
SHADOW MOSES!

*audience claps*

Congratulations on a job well done!
If you could all raise your glass to this years Dumbfuc|< of the year winner, Shadow Moses and remain seated for his acceptance speech.

*sits down and waits eagerly*

PWNED

Arweninlorien

I think it WILL be SPECTACULAR!! But only assumming that the news in the Catalonia football forums are correct:

"Arsenal wants to negotiate a trade: Henry for Xavi"

I say sell him immediately. :twisted:
Xavi in Arsenal will be a dream. Though I am sure we are not that lucky. :cry:

dafish

Highly Fabregas said:

Chelsea, United, Westham, Sp**s, Liverpool and even Wigan play much better football than us. They all creat much more chances. What the f**k is Cesc calling Chelsea boring for? Does he not realise its more boring to watch a team ponce about a pitch for 90minutes creating nothing and wimping out of tackles.

now you're just full of ****. chelsea play the worse football ever. they sit 7 player at the back, grab the ball and boot it up to the wings which takes care of things.

if all teams played the same way they do, then it'd be the end of football.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
sabret00the said:
you know what i love about you calling him an "overrated brat" shadow, it's that if he's overrated and is bettering Gilberto, what does that make Gilberto?

An off form world class player. He may not be the best passer out there but he does a lot more than he's given credit for. I hardly ever complain about him but I admit he got on my nerves after some passes agianst Pool on tuesday. Honestly, the only different starter in our team from the unbeaten season and last is Cesc. How most of you fail to see this is beyond me. Some have(like the article you posted), Sky & BBC pundits

and these posts by Captain..
Captain said:
Captain said:
I'd disagree that Cesc was the only one winning balls. Gilberto did too, it's just his style of play makes him look bad.

Gilberto is more pro-active than Cesc in the sense that he sees the danger and makes a decision early as to what his positioning should be to narrow any passing opportunities. On occasion he gets it wrong, but he makes alot of recovery tackles which you could see last night when he kept bailing out Senderos and Eboue. It's also one of the reasons why when a shot is blocked, half of the time its Gilberto making the last minute intervention.

Cesc is more re-active in the sense that he desn't change his position in order to get the best defensive outcome. He sort of just runs forward and attempts the tackle on the player carrying the ball. He sees the immediate danger and tries to stop it but doesn't think about the consequences. That's why he always looks like he is 'getting stuck in' but at the same time it causes a gap of anything upto 10 yards between him and Gilberto.

It's that gap which the opposition exploit, it makes both Gilberto and Cesc look bad if I'm honest (because they just get the ball passed around them in circles), but because fans like 'effort' and it looks like Cesc is being useful he gets more plaudits.

Captain said:
The stats say Cesc makes more tackles and interceptions, but that doesn't make you better defensively. He makes tackles in the wrong situations, which is something I tried to highlight in my post.

It was harder to see last night because the midfield was congested, but think back to when he was playing on the wing against Bolton.

He kept running and attempting to tackle Gardner in areas which weren't dangerous; in doing so he left Flamini completely isolated about 50 yards behind him. Not only creating space for Bolton to work in but also isolating Flamini very badly and exposing him to situations which could have been avoiding with smarter play.

Translate that to the middle of the pitch and that's what was happening last night; it's whats been happening all season. Cesc is an exceptional 18 year old but his 'defensive brain' is nowhere near Gilberto's.

When the opposition have the ball, Cesc gets drawn out of position too easily and we lose any defensive solidarity. Like I said it looks good to fans because we assume he's 'getting stuck in' but in reality he's costing us.

It's a marked difference to last year when he was less mobile and more disciplined in his approach to the game; so whether its the coaching or that nobody is communicating, there is a problem there.

and I'm glad some are starting to take notice.
and as for the article, should one of our players be 'supporting' a move away by our Captain? If this were another player he'd probably be eaten alive here. A club we all know the kid adores and probably will go back to at some stage in his career. If anything, Cesc should be hoping Henry stays and improve things where he(Cesc) is playing at the moment. I not only think the kid is incompetent as a DMF, but he shouldn't be allowed to talk to the press.

Tony Montana

Established Member
dafish said:
Highly Fabregas said:

Chelsea, United, Westham, Sp**s, Liverpool and even Wigan play much better football than us. They all creat much more chances. What the f**k is Cesc calling Chelsea boring for? Does he not realise its more boring to watch a team ponce about a pitch for 90minutes creating nothing and wimping out of tackles.

now you're just full of s**t. chelsea play the worse football ever. they sit 7 player at the back, grab the ball and boot it up to the wings which takes care of things.

if all teams played the same way they do, then it'd be the end of football.

They don't play the worst football ever, it's just not as exciting as Arsenal at their best or Manure's football. At the end of the day they've scored the most goals this season. They are effiecient and you can't say the Barca and Munich games last season were boring.

Just give it a rest people ffs! Would you rather watch West brom play or Chelsea in a standard premier league game? I know who I would watch. It doesn't mean i like chelsea because I hate them but give credit where it's due. Whilst Chelsea don't play scintillating football it's not as boring as it was at the beginning of last season.

Highly Fabregas is right, Arsenal are not playing great football these days and if you were a neutral you could see better football some place else. It's so fustrating seeing players trying to thread the ball through the eye of a needle and failing every time. Grit and power is exciting to watch too you know.

Tegh

Established Member
If that's true Tony, that will only inflate Henry's ego further, which is all we need.

Captain

Established Member
true enough, but as it's in the sun; i'm inclined to believe that the headline has nothing to do with the article (as is usually the case)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Arweninlorien said:
I think it WILL be SPECTACULAR!! But only assumming that the news in the Catalonia football forums are correct:

"Arsenal wants to negotiate a trade: Henry for Xavi"

I say sell him immediately. :twisted:
Xavi in Arsenal will be a dream. Though I am sure we are not that lucky. :cry:

Xavi is a great player but I don't think he is right for us. IF we are going to put our money on Cesc as our playmaker in the middle we need someone to defend behind him. Or is Xavi capable of playing on the right aswell? In a 4-5-1 he would be great to have because he is more complete then any of our current CM's. If Henry would leave I want something more either money or another player.

And why would he leave Barca anyway he is one of their best players with great responsibilty

kamikaze80

Established Member
in your defence, shadow, the mirror article did use quotes, and in fact quoted cesc at length.

it would seem strange that the entire quote they cited was made up. but if so, youd think some sort of legal action could be threatened in the future.

Biggus

Established Member
I think we should all calm down a minute. How well does Cesc speak english? I don't speak spanish but I do speak french and I know that many words common to french and english have very different connotations in both langauges. Maybe spectacular means something very different in spanish and Cesc made a mistake.....maybe a spanish speaker could help us out here?

Monne

Shadow Moses said:
An off form world class player. He may not be the best passer out there but he does a lot more than he's given credit for. I hardly ever complain about him but I admit he got on my nerves after some passes agianst Pool on tuesday. Honestly, the only different starter in our team from the unbeaten season and last is Cesc. How most of you fail to see this is beyond me. Some have(like the article you posted), Sky & BBC pundits

how the hell did you manage to miss out on viera leaving us this summer?

djeez, your award is really well earned :shock:

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom