• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would we have won the league if Cesc and Nasri stayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qs

Established Member
dpt49 said:
mavelous said:
Would we be better off had we gotten Mata?
Yes.
If we had bought him Chelsea would have have struggled to get where they are this season, because he has been, probably, their best player.

Because we wouldn't pay a bit extra, Chelsea got Mata and we got Gervinho.

We had already bought Gervinho when we were negotiating over Mata. If we'd brought in Mata he'd have spent the season as our main AM and probably would have been alot better than Ramsey or Rosicky have been. People would still have said he was **** though because he'd have been Spanish and playing at AM and he's not as good as Fabregas.

Frankly Mata has had a decent season but nothing extraordinary and again not enough to make the difference between us being higher than 3rd. Definitely not enough to win the title or probably even a meaningful cup.

Mastadon

Established Member
Probably been better than Ramsey or Rosicky? You must be joking he would have been a fantastic signing for us and would have made a huge difference. We wouldn't have won the title but we would be a hell of a lot closer than we are now. He would be a big upgrade on any of our attacking players except for RVP.

qs

Established Member
What are you getting flustered about, the use of the word "probably"? Seriously, grow up.

Like I said he's been decent but he's had to adapt to the premier league and he hasn't been all that amazing. I don't think he'd have made a huge difference at all, especially considering we probably wouldn't have signed Arteta if we'd got him.

Mastadon

Established Member
I think he would have been an excellent signing for us and many of us badly wanted him onboard. And I don't need any personal advice from a nameless faceless person so do keep it to yourself unless there is something amazing about you which gives you the right to talk down to me.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Big shame that we didn't get Mata, so much better than any of our options at AM or wide forward.

Vela

Established Member
Completely agree he's the type of player we are missing. If we had signed him he could have been playing behind van Persie in the number ten role or out wide.

GG8

As QS said, if we got Mata we probably wouldnt have got Mikel.

That would have seen Ramsey playing just as much games but in Arteta's role, which in turn would have severly reduced our stability in the middle and a lot less time on the ball for Mata compared to what Aaron and Tomas have had in the AM position.

Maybe.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
GG8 said:
As QS said, if we got Mata we probably wouldnt have got Mikel.

Don't agree at all. Wenger clearly would be playing Arteta in the AM role if he saw him as an AM.

As it is, he is playing him in one of the two CM slots. Wenger could easily have bought and played both in the same system we currently have with Arteta, Song and Mata in the midfield 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom