• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you like some Butt?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 46
  • Views 1,720

JazzG

Established Member
siddharth said:
How could you forget Ryan Giggs.......
I personally feel Manu r a totally different team w/o him.It was clearly evident against newcastle when he had to be substituted at the start of 2nd half. I don't want to take anything away from Newcastle for their superb effort but Manu were very ordinary w/o him and couldn't create any chances.

Now that Beckham has gone Giggs is pretty much the guy who can put in good crosses, until Ole comes back they will rely on him a lot as he is the only proper winger they have and as we know Man utd rely very heavily on their wingers.

va_va_voom

jc8gooner said:
Butt can score? We need a manure fan to give us a stat on that cos he certainly doesn't do it much.

From the stats table on Butt in today's Sun:

Man Utd Games - 372
Man Utd Goals - 26

The answer is no, he doesn't score many.

Adam

Established Member
I am talking about the English bunch. But Giggs did come through before them too.

Utd have gone all continental starting with Quieroz. But they have bought really poor continentals - Bellion, Kleberson, Fortune, Djemba Djemba, Forlan, and C Ronaldo all aren't at the highest level.

And their youngsters, despite winning the FA youth cup - aren't like the old group.

They are going to have to use their financial muscle to bring in the talent to replace the players who are gettingon. They'll have to choose better than they have this season too - only Howard getting establishing himself in the first team.

Money buying the obvious talents like Robben, will help to override any lack of scouting, intelligent buying or player development that they currently have. Hopefully Chelski beat them to most players!

jc8gooner

Utd have gone all continental starting with Quieroz. But they have bought really poor continentals - Bellion, Kleberson, Fortune, Djemba Djemba, Forlan, and C Ronaldo all aren't at the highest level.
Don't forget Veron and Blanc.

A

Anonymous

true..but the players like Kleberson,Djemba,Bellion,Ronaldo are all for the future.They might play a part this season but thats jsut for experience to be honest.What Fergie's looking to do is bed in these new players as the others end their career.

Andrew

Adam said:

I 100% agree with that. All those players are quite average. Ronaldo is the only one who's got the potential to be a great player, which he certainly isn't at the moment. Bellion IMO is a poor attempt at trying to find their own Henry. Kleberson was bought more on reputation than ability, a decent player but nothing else. Fortune again is nothing special, just decent. Djemba again is nothing special, a lot of enthusiasm but that's just about it. And Forlan is crap, nothing more to say there. I'm not saying that they are all really bad, it's just I can't see any of them really going on to being as good as Scholes, Beckham, Giggs, Keane etc. Once all those 4 are gone Man Utd definitely have to bring in more players (which I'm sure they will) if they want to continue their success.

A

Anonymous

what gave you the impression that Bellion was an attempt to find a new Henry?

lewdikris

Established Member
Wenger said it last season when Beckham was sold - this was the beginning of a slow process of breaking up that group which helped to establish Man U's dominance both on and off the field. Ferguson is obviously quite consciously aware of this - hence the influx of young talent, when it would have been easier to have gone for big name signings. Fair play to the man - you can't argue with his boldness, and it's interesting both him and Wenger are taking the same measures to deal with Chelsea's trillions, rebuilding their squads from the bottom up with ultra-talented youth.

So who's next to go? Scholes is the main man, and he's irreplaceable. Van Robben is obviously seen as Giggs' replacement - which will be a two-year switch over process i imagine. Ronaldo will slowly come to the fore over the next two years.

The Neville mugs are the obvious candidates. Phil Neville's the main squad man now - I think he'll assume Parlour's role at Arsenal next season. Probably behind kleberson in the order, but vital.

I'd say Gary Neville. Wes Brown is a better right back than he is a central defender, and there's talk of a move for Trabelsi, which would leave gimp boy high, dray and handsome - and frankly, he's making too many mistakes these days to stay in prime position much longer, no matter how loyal a lieutenant he is.

I'd lay 8/1 on him going this summer.

Adam

Established Member
Pacey and French. This was after Ferguson said his squad wasnt as athletic as Arsenal's. He's also brought in an African CM in Djemba Djemba - easy to guess who he is an imitation of.

Andrew is right when he says Ferguson relied on reputation when buying Kleberson. Hence why he always talks about how the Brazil coach said this and that about him.

Alot of Fergusons modern buys are not entirely from his own head or resources ( unlike Wenger) but he has the money to do well in the market anyway.

A

Anonymous

Adam said:
Pacey and French. This was after Ferguson said his squad wasnt as athletic as Arsenal's. He's also brought in an African CM in Djemba Djemba - easy to guess who he is an imitation of.

so apparently pacey and french means that he wanted another henry!? :eek:
and African CM ?!easy to guess who he was an imitation of?!yes indeed
Makalele :wink:

Adam

Established Member
Basically Ruud - he was trying to incorporate the athleticism and pace that Arsenal have brought to the Premiership into his squad, as he was quoted.

From this we know that his vision for the game is slightly unoriginal (unlike the unique Wengerball), as we already know some of his transfer dealings have been. It does allow adaptation to the teams style, and with the money he has, he can buy the best and that brings success.

A

Anonymous

true..he perhaps wanted the athleticism and pace arsenal have..but that doesn't neccasrily mean he was look for an Henry in Bellion.

JazzG

Established Member
ruud said:
so apparently pacey and french means that he wanted another henry!? :eek:

hehe ;) The media also kinda assume anyone who has pace and is french is the next Henry............

Did you know Man utd had the chance to sign Henry? One of your scouts went over to have a look at him but decided he was too raw and didn't bother. I bet Fergie has kicked a boot or two at that scout ;)

lewdikris

Established Member
If Ferguson was looking for the Henry in Bellion he must be bloody blind - the most mystifying purchase of the last few years. Simply: why did he buy him? He can't do anything.

Thierrymarron

Bellion had a couple of good games at sunderland, but i honestly don't know why they shelled out £1.5m on him. He looks like a headless chicken when him comes on. Thats why they want Saha, The new next Henry. When will scumchester utd learn that there is (as Chesney Hawkes sang) one and only Thierry Henry. He's a gooner and always will be!

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom