• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Banana

eye4goal

Established Member
Dokaka said:
Have a little faith. More often than not, Wenger knows better than all of us.

Grimandi has a good record when it comes to defenders from Ligue 1. Sagna was relatively unknown too

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
eye4goal said:
Dokaka said:

Grimandi has a good record when it comes to defenders from Ligue 1. Sagna was relatively unknown too

What? He was Auxerre's by far best player and was voted into the Ligue 1 team of the year.

If he was "reletively unknown" it was mainly because he is a defender and we simply don't hear as much about them, with the exception being the ridiculously overhyped ones such as Sakho.

He was easily as known as someone like M'Vila.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
DJ_Markstar said:
Can't wait till someone goes past him in the EPL, then the commentator says "well he's just skinned Banana".

Sorry :(

ok, how about this one.

Maybe if he goes in for a challenge and gets a split lip, you could call him Banana split?

Ok ok, I'll stop.

A shirt tug to peel him off the ball?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Can't wait till someone goes past him in the EPL, then the commentator says "well he's just skinned Banana".

ok, how about this one.

Maybe if he goes in for a challenge and gets a split lip, you could call him Banana split?

Ok ok, I'll stop.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:

ok, how about this one.

Ok ok, I'll stop.

You forget.. this is Arsenal. It will more likely be.. Banana has gone down injured.. i've got to say he is looking a little yellow.

eye4goal

Established Member
Dokaka said:
eye4goal said:
Dokaka said:

What? He was Auxerre's by far best player and was voted into the Ligue 1 team of the year.

If he was "reletively unknown" it was mainly because he is a defender and we simply don't hear as much about them, with the exception being the ridiculously overhyped ones such as Sakho.

He was easily as known as someone like M'Vila.

M'vila has 22 caps already. Sagna had none when he joined us. He wasnt really known outside France and was a similar type of signing to Koscielny.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
eye4goal said:
M'vila has 22 caps already. Sagna had none when he joined us. He wasnt really known outside France and was a similar type of signing to Koscielny.

Think that's stretching it a bit. Koscielny had only played ONE season in Ligue 1 before joining Arsenal, and wasn't selected for the team of the year.

I at least knew Sagna before he joined you, primarily because he was fairly high rated on Fifa and on FM. I had no idea who Koscielny was, and (as far as I remember) neither did a single person on here.

But yeah, perhaps he was not as known as M'Vila, but he was still an established quality RB by the time he joined Arsenal. It was only natural that he'd improve even further as he developed.

Whatever, we agree on the main point that people should trust Wenger here and no go up in arms over the fact he's unknown or named after a quite delicious fruit ;)

Tranquil

Is this for real? I heard a rumor of this name and thought it was some dumb internet joke I didnt get...

I dont care if he is a gorilla with a funny name or Messi's twin brother... Sign him up!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
"And the crowd are going...bananas!"

(can I get some points, please? My jokes are suitably awful, and I'm feeling left out)

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom