Yaya Banana

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by leo_ense, Aug 25, 2012.

1. kopzilla

kopzilla Always Negative

Just imagine John Motson screaming his name on MOTD when he scores.. :D

2. eye4goal

eye4goal Well-Known Member

Grimandi has a good record when it comes to defenders from Ligue 1. Sagna was relatively unknown too

3. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

What? He was Auxerre's by far best player and was voted into the Ligue 1 team of the year.

If he was "reletively unknown" it was mainly because he is a defender and we simply don't hear as much about them, with the exception being the ridiculously overhyped ones such as Sakho.

He was easily as known as someone like M'Vila.

4. Dokaka

A shirt tug to peel him off the ball?

5. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

i've just awarded you 30 points. nicely done.

6. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Can't wait till someone goes past him in the EPL, then the commentator says "well he's just skinned Banana".

Sorry :(

ok, how about this one.

Maybe if he goes in for a challenge and gets a split lip, you could call him Banana split?

Ok ok, I'll stop.

7. GunnerGetYah

GunnerGetYah Well-Known Member

You forget.. this is Arsenal. It will more likely be.. Banana has gone down injured.. i've got to say he is looking a little yellow.

8. Dave_Ja_Vu

Dave_Ja_Vu New Member

"Banana has peeled away from his marker to score"

9. eye4goal

eye4goal Well-Known Member

M'vila has 22 caps already. Sagna had none when he joined us. He wasnt really known outside France and was a similar type of signing to Koscielny.

10. Dokaka

Think that's stretching it a bit. Koscielny had only played ONE season in Ligue 1 before joining Arsenal, and wasn't selected for the team of the year.

I at least knew Sagna before he joined you, primarily because he was fairly high rated on Fifa and on FM. I had no idea who Koscielny was, and (as far as I remember) neither did a single person on here.

But yeah, perhaps he was not as known as M'Vila, but he was still an established quality RB by the time he joined Arsenal. It was only natural that he'd improve even further as he developed.

Whatever, we agree on the main point that people should trust Wenger here and no go up in arms over the fact he's unknown or named after a quite delicious fruit ;)

11. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

+25 points

12. Tranquil

Tranquil New Member

Is this for real? I heard a rumor of this name and thought it was some dumb internet joke I didnt get...

I dont care if he is a gorilla with a funny name or Messi's twin brother... Sign him up!

13. DJ_Markstar

"And the crowd are going...bananas!"

(can I get some points, please? My jokes are suitably awful, and I'm feeling left out)

14. The Escaped Ape

The Escaped Ape Active Member Trusted

+5 (pity) points :p

15. mavelous

mavelous Tinfoil hat aficionado Trusted

get iiinnnnn!!

16. BeijingBaller

BeijingBaller Member

I always said Arsenal's selling its stars would lead us down a slippery slope...

17. DJ_Markstar

Sorry mate, only MDGoonah's points count.

18. DJ_Markstar

"What a great play by Yaya, That Banana looks very appealing"

19. Mastadon

Mastadon Well-Known Member

If people in the crowd turn up and start waving banana's at him, would that still be racist?

20. arsenalfan4ever

arsenalfan4ever Active Member

"Nananananana, Banana, nanananana, Banana, nananana, Banana"